Rumour Pies want Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

This is all become DC Browne said the pies were clearing cap space to pursue free agents like Petracca even though hes contracted through to end of 2022. :drunk:

If he wants to play finals footy regularly he won’t be doing it at Melbourne. Nobody would have wanted to touch the guy for 6 years as he has done sweet FA. Finally realized some of his potential and justified his draft number, had a good year and now everyone thinks he is the next big thing. Let’s see if he can back it up. 1 swallow doesn’t make a summer

Will be interesting to see how he goes if we return to longer quarters and less interchange.

Petracca would have been one of the major beneficiaries of the rule changes this year - he's all power. Guys like Ben Brown, Brad Hill, Blicavs, etc. i.e. endurance beasts, didn't have the greatest years as a rule.

That's why I think that the teams that picked up endurance athletes in this trade period - e.g. Ben Brown (Mel), Tom Phillips (Haw), Isaac Smith (Gee) - have bought low and will be pretty happy with their acquisitions.

Will be interesting to see how he goes if we return to longer quarters and less interchange.

Petracca would have been one of the major beneficiaries of the rule changes this year - he's all power. Guys like Ben Brown, Brad Hill, Blicavs, etc. i.e. endurance beasts, didn't have the greatest years as a rule.

That's why I think that the teams that picked up endurance athletes in this trade period - e.g. Ben Brown (Mel), Tom Phillips (Haw), Isaac Smith (Gee) - have bought low and will be pretty happy with their acquisitions.
longer quarters mean Petracca will just spend more time forward

Not an issue I would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Pies want Petracca.
So does Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Freo, Gold Coast, GWS, Geelong, Hawthorn, North, Port, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast the Western Bulldogs.
Only problem is he's contracted for another two years and I can't see Melbourne trading him. Why on earth would they?
Not sure Richmond does

Interesting thought.

If he wants to play finals footy regularly he won’t be doing it at Melbourne. Nobody would have wanted to touch the guy for 6 years as he has done sweet FA. Finally realized some of his potential and justified his draft number, had a good year and now everyone thinks he is the next big thing. Let’s see if he can back it up. 1 swallow doesn’t make a summer

Melbourne will play finals before Freo will be.

Starting in 2021.

Petracca is a “mummy’s boy” so I really can’t see him choosing to move interstate permanently. To another Melbourne based club, perhaps, but that’s on Melbourne to make the club attractive enough that he doesn’t want to seriously contemplate it.

I met a bloke in a coffee shop who said he had some inside word on Trac. Apparently Demons have done quite a bit for him to get his off field distractions in order too so that could’ve built up some additional loyalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back