Rumour Pies want Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Coming from a supporter of a club with no heart or backbone, your gravy is a bit rich. on a positive note for you, the forecast is saying Falls Creek should be 1 metre at least of snow in August .that should give you something to look forward too this winter

Ah deflection, the sign of someone with no argument.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Oh, Dead Eye Dids not be wrong The Kangaroos offered Jordan De Gun $1 million per year over 5 years , as the loyal person he is, he politely said no thank you
One thing is that wasn't just recent, that was a few years ago, and 2nd of all, and if that was another promising finals side, he would have not declined it.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Nope not saying that at all. But if you make comments about an individual or a team, get some facts and some evidence to back it up, instead of just following the path of rumours and innuendo.
Considering AFL footy in the scheme of a career is a short lived one, you don't think players have the right to try and set themselves up financially for their future, post footy?
DeGoey re-signed for $800k, he wanted a bit more, but settled at the Pies offer because he is settled there and enjoys the club and his teammates. I'm sure other clubs may not have offered him the amount he was after, but he would have been offered more than $800k.
Let see what the Bont wants in his new contract from the Doggies. I'm sure he will be thinking about his future financially, and its going to be a decent size payday for the Doggies.
That's exactly what you were indicating, so now we all on big footy need to know all facts before we to pass judgment on topics, if that's the case then and people only came here when they had all the facts, his place would be almost taken down because of lack of interest.
You need to get a better understanding of this site, because I'm sure 100% you have made comments before about things you were not personally involved with. 😂

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
That's exactly what you were indicating, so now we all on big footy need to know all facts before we to pass judgment on topics, if that's the case then and people only came here when they had all the facts, his place would be almost taken down because of lack of interest.
You need to get a better understanding of this site, because I'm sure 100% you have made comments before about things you were not personally involved with. 😂

Actually l don't make erroneous comments on here if l don't know anything about the matter or situation, particularly about opposition players, unlike yourself and quite a few on here. Comments like yours calling JDG a mercenary for money are just inexact, loose comments. A player who is apparently a mercenary for money, doesn't turn down a $5M contract to sign a $1.4M contract, as DeGoey did when he rejected North's offer.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Actually l don't make erroneous comments on here if l don't know anything about the matter or situation, particularly about opposition players, unlike yourself and quite a few on here. Comments like yours calling JDG a mercenary for money are just inexact, loose comments. A player who is apparently a mercenary for money, doesn't turn down a $5M contract to sign a $1.4M contract, as DeGoey did when he rejected North's offer.

If you consider that the 5 year deal could have been 10, and Jordy only signed for half that amount per year he turned down $10 million to make $700K with the Pies. What a guy!

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can cut it up any which way you want. But selling the pies off-season moves in any positive light is wrong. They buggered up their salary cap and offloaded players for unders. No way you lose those players for that price of you aren’t pushing them out the door. Treloar treats quiet poorly to. Stephenson not treated much better either.
They hit the draft and managed to trade up knowing they have Daicos next year. This was some good work. But still the draft can be a bit of a lottery after the first 10 picks.

I don't think there's any doubt that there were salary cap issues which lead to the poor trade returns of three senior players, a lot of teams pushing for flags see senior/established players leave for less than they are worth. Richmond who have been the most successful team have had their fair share too; Rance (retired), Ellis, Lloyd, Butler, Higgins (traded for next to nothing) & Deledio was moved on to be able to bring the likes of Prestia in. The biggest difference is that Collingwood over the past few years havent really moved anyone on, very little movement of senior players and very little retirement. This day was always coming, and perhaps if those last two mins of our last games in 2018 or 2019 played out different, the narrative would be different.

But the players identified to be moved on definitely have sound reasons. Treloar is a injury risk and is not worth the kind of money he commanded during his contract extension year. Stephenson, according to reports, is a distraction to many within the club and was unlikely to reach his lofty potential whilst at Collingwood because of this. Philips, possibly the unluckiest of the three, has been surpassed in his starting role but was great depth.

Agreed that the draft is a lottery, but on the flip side, the more ticket you have, the better your odds.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Oh please, North. No player of his quality would go there atm even for that money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
See Tony Shaw has just brought this topic up again. Not sure what Collingwood would have to offer in regards to a trade if they want him at the end of the year? Dees don't need a ruck and their defence is solid and not sure petracca would leave when Collingwood will be lower on the ladder and with no replacements for Pendlebury and sidebottom who are close to retiring

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
See Tony Shaw has just brought this topic up again. Not sure what Collingwood would have to offer in regards to a trade if they want him at the end of the year? Dees don't need a ruck and their defence is solid and not sure petracca would leave when Collingwood will be lower on the ladder and with no replacements for Pendlebury and sidebottom who are close to retiring

I love when they trot out the "he was a Collingwood supporter as a kid" line (not just Collingwood specifically just whenever clubs are after players) because it legitimately means nothing.

I don't see Trac leaving and I think players have soured on Collingwood after the Treloar saga.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I love when they trot out the "he was a Collingwood supporter as a kid" line (not just Collingwood specifically just whenever clubs are after players) because it legitimately means nothing.

I don't see Trac leaving and I think players have soured on Collingwood after the Treloar saga.
The he supported them as a kid angle is just about the most irrelevant thing when a player leaves a club. Especially if already in their home state.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

They are zero chance, traded out their first and they are committed to taking Daicos. They have two players that could be worth a Petracca to the right side, one they cannot lose and the other is worth less because he is on a stonking huge contract.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Why would a marquee player sign with CFC. They dont honour contracts.

When they realise they have over spent they flick you and tell you its your fault.

Think MFC has better prospects moving forward anyway, no way he would go there if he moved at all.

I remember Gazza Lyon saying how much better Melbourne were going just before we flagged

Russ898

Rookie
Oct 6, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
They honour contracts. Just the sh*t ones

Is Trealor not getting paid his 900k a year?
In all sports a contracted player can be traded doesn’t mean the fiscal agreement is not being honoured!!
Trealor should be kissing collingwoods shoes that he is even on such money!!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No McGuire and no Buckley may be a bit more appealing to him.

I have no doubt The Pies are having a big crack at Petracca, but honestly I do not see any logistical why he would leave the Dees for them (or any other club)

The Dees are flying right now and Trac seems very happy there. No reason why he does not re-commit to the Dees at some point during the season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back