Review Pies win a thriller (Blues 87-106 Pies)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
Did we dodge a bullet or what?

We started like a lazy, overconfident, lethargic football side. An incredible number of passengers and inconsistent performers. I don't know how we won. I don't think we were truly the better side today and the Blues should feel a little robbed. That being said you take the 4 points.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty much what I expected in the end - hopefully it's just the "Carlton Effect" bringing us down to their level :drunk:

Horrible to watch but good on the boys for playing out the four quarters - that's about the best I can come up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Take a bow:

Brodie Grundy
Steele Sidebottom
Scott Pendlebury
Small last qtr cameo Adam Treloar

This game was won on these guys because everyone else was poor.

However a step forward again for Callum Brown who did some very clever things in big moments.

Ron

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like i said in the gameday thread i can only take one positive from this mess. 10 points down with six minutes to go, and the team had enough self belief to sill win the game. Five goals in the last six minutes, when i am sure most of us thought the game was lost was a great effort.
Just a shame the other 75 minutes of gametime was trash.

Taking the four points and moving on.

stevo86

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood

We started like a lazy, overconfident, lethargic football side. An incredible number of passengers and inconsistent performers. I don't know how we won. I don't think we were truly the better side today and the Blues should feel a little robbed. That being said you take the 4 points.
Hard to give a **** with how bad they are. Nothing game for us. Even if we lost wouldn’t have changed the year chances. That was their granny

barrackers

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cripps’ early crow on what ultimately turned out to be the blues last score gave me hope we could win.

We finished the game superbly, the rest was largely a grind.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood

Errm . . no . . simply don't know where to start with that.

Thanks for coming.

Seedsman_

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United, San Antonio Spurs
The boys persevered and scored five goals in the last six minutes. I love the grit of this team. If we sought out our conversion and forward 50 entries we will romp in the flag.

Top Bottom