Review Pies win a thriller (Blues 87-106 Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

lol Carlton just blaming umpiring what were they watching? Blaming umps is loser mentality. So much not called in our F50..Next.

We just didn’t really care about that game until the last quarter and can’t blame the boys either.

On to next week.

Did we dodge a bullet or what?

We started like a lazy, overconfident, lethargic football side. An incredible number of passengers and inconsistent performers. I don't know how we won. I don't think we were truly the better side today and the Blues should feel a little robbed. That being said you take the 4 points.

Pretty much what I expected in the end - hopefully it's just the "Carlton Effect" bringing us down to their level :drunk:

Horrible to watch but good on the boys for playing out the four quarters - that's about the best I can come up with.

Carlton will never ever ever improve when they play an entirely different game style every single week. They didn’t play to win, they just wanted to not get smashed. They’ll lose by 10 goals again next week. They did the same last year against us.

Like i said in the gameday thread i can only take one positive from this mess. 10 points down with six minutes to go, and the team had enough self belief to sill win the game. Five goals in the last six minutes, when i am sure most of us thought the game was lost was a great effort.
Just a shame the other 75 minutes of gametime was trash.

Taking the four points and moving on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We started like a lazy, overconfident, lethargic football side. An incredible number of passengers and inconsistent performers. I don't know how we won. I don't think we were truly the better side today and the Blues should feel a little robbed. That being said you take the 4 points.
Hard to give a s**t with how bad they are. Nothing game for us. Even if we lost wouldn’t have changed the year chances. That was their granny

Cripps’ early crow on what ultimately turned out to be the blues last score gave me hope we could win.

We finished the game superbly, the rest was largely a grind.

Errm . . no . . simply don't know where to start with that.

Thanks for coming.

The boys persevered and scored five goals in the last six minutes. I love the grit of this team. If we sought out our conversion and forward 50 entries we will romp in the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back