AFLCA votes:

ESSENDON v COLLINGWOOD
10 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
8 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
4 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
4 Dyson Heppell (ESS)
3 Devon Smith (ESS)
1 Michael Hurley (ESS)

Good to see Grundy get recognised by the coaches this week.

Hurley? 1 vote? Seriously? When he had to be accountable to DeGoey he was pulverised.

"They haven't beaten anyone of note"

"Only Richmond are playing like a Top 4 team"

"They'll need to play better if they want to be a contender"

To be fair all of those comments are accurate - our season will be made or broken over the next 6 weeks where we literally play pretty much *every* other contender for a top 4 spot (WCE, NM, RICH, SYD, PORT).

Yes we've done well to make it to 2nd at this point, but just like flags aren't won in July sitting 2nd on the ladder in July doesn't really amount to much more than, say, being 8-3 at the half way mark has in years past...

I have a lot of time on my hands as i had a day off today but im watching the replay, only at half time and i have watched every single free that has been payed very closely.

So the count is 18-8 in favour of us at half time and i was looking at them all with no favouritism and all of the free kicks we received were all there in my opinion except for 1 which was in the 2nd qtr and was a holding free in the ruck to Grundy - both were holding, play on.

They had 8 free kicks and i thought 6 of them were fair and 2 were s**t. 1st that was s**t was the push on Hurley which was in the 2nd against Stephenson, he went on to kick the goal but obviously the umpires brought it back, i felt Hurley received very minimal contact and slipped more than anything. The other was late in the 2nd a below the knee free to Tippa which was a direct shot on goal but he missed, not a free, the contact was not below the knees at all.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad...
You’re a sad song that makes it harder,
Remember you get under our skin
And make the world harder

Hey Jude,
You let us down
A bad commentator making it worse

love collingwood and beef jerky
All the way from Istanbul Turkey

(so does mine);)
If this was WalterBlaknWhte ...
I Love Collingwood and I’m Ben Reid.
Mine doesn’t rhyme but I’m Ben Reid so I need rhyming like I need an avatar

Nankervis would be big blow too

I actually think Soldo could nearly fill those boots if needed. They also drafted Coleman-Jones. How's he going?

Same thing happened Anzac Day. I reminded them that he kicked 4 against them a couple of years ago. The bloke threatened to fight me as he walked out early. Told him where to go quietly.
Was a good argument flawed only by facts. Truth is he kicked 1 against them a couple of years ago.

Up til yesterday Cox had 4 career goals against Bombers in 4 games. Now it's 5 in 5.

Funny thing with Cox is that for all the improvements this year, statistically he hasn't changed too much. His disposals are up a little, his goals per game are lower than 2017 and much lower than 2016.

It's his contested mark figures which were always good but are now into the elite range that have changed him. He is currently 4th in the comp. He went crazy in contested mark numbers in the VFL last year so it was the area he was likely to break out in. Combined with his "rucking taps" in contested mark situations and that he never gets outmarked means he hasn't had to kick goals with the De Goey, Stephenson , WHE train around him. Remarkable when you think Elliott and Fas were firm favourites to be our leading goal kickers in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a good argument flawed only by facts. Truth is he kicked 1 against them a couple of years ago.

Up til yesterday Cox had 4 career goals against Bombers in 4 games. Now it's 5 in 5.

Funny thing with Cox is that for all the improvements this year, statistically he hasn't changed too much. His disposals are up a little, his goals per game are lower than 2017 and much lower than 2016.

It's his contested mark figures which were always good but are now into the elite range that have changed him. He is currently 4th in the comp. He went crazy in contested mark numbers in the VFL last year so it was the area he was likely to break out in. Combined with his "rucking taps" in contested mark situations and that he never gets outmarked means he hasn't had to kick goals with the De Goey, Stephenson , WHE train around him. Remarkable when you think Elliott and Fas were firm favourites to be our leading goal kickers in 2018.
Haha. Why do I remember 4 goals? Either way they believed me.

What makes the travel debate even more laughable is that we travel the same amount as every other Melbourne side that doesn't sell games.

They'd probably moan about the unfair advantage from never playing at the G if we had to travel interstate. There's no winning. Such a pointless discussion.

Wait...did Woosha seriously play the injury card? Against us?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-dons-lick-their-wounds-20180708-p4zqa3.html

Oh f**king spare me. What? Us missing 10-12 starting 22 isn't enough for you? Having Hoskin-Elliott - our leading goal kicker, hobbling the entire match and then losing Appleby to a hamstring wasn't enough for you?

Get stuffed.

The worst were the commentators. I remember them getting all gushing when the Essen-Clowns were going okay but failed to pull away from us. They made a big deal about Orazio not being out there and how he'd be the difference to help them finish off their chances. Completely failing to acknowledge the recent loss of Dunn and Treloar plus half the rest of our side. It was infuriating to listen to those pinheads.

Both good things to be sure, but I personally hate losing to Essendon much much more.

7 of my close mates are bummers supporters so the rivalry is much more relevant for me then the meh Blues.
I hear you there. Growing up in Essendon in the 80s sucked! Until 1990 at least. Ah the sweet taste of Victory.

In my opinion, alot of us on here the last few weeks were ignoring that fact that post-bye we had really been playing some average footy.

Our pre-bye form in my opinion was enough to beat Richmond, we looked absolutley white hot and was the best footy we had played since 2011.

Watching back this game today, when Tay Adams kicked that goal in the last quarter, i honestly felt our team slide back into that form. We slowed that game down, played possession footy then went rabid when they got the ball. We had complete control at that point and the bombers were powerless to resist. It was almost abusive how they went forward and kicked a goal late, gained a slither of hope, then we crushed them literally straight away with that De Goey goal.

I think we found ourselves in that final quarter. We are only going to get better from here with our ins.

I hate to say it guys, but i think we might actually be legit.......

Watched the replay just before.

I won't go into the negative stuff.

Skipper was massive with 14 in the final quarter........6 clearances for him in the last to Essendons 6.

Is Saad the most faux tough guy in the league? I hate Essendon.

Stevo replied in the best way possible. Destroying him so badly he had to be moved off him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back