Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see Mayne talking to Cox in the 1st quarter. Spent a good minute talking to him after a goal. His role flies under the radar.
I think if you look for him doing on-field coaching, you will see more of it. He seems a great team man. When you watch the replay, see him leaving the ground next to Noble, just so the newbie wasn’t walking by himself. Top guy.

A special mention to Mayne who did a job on Hurn.
Also to bucks and the coaching team who identified the matchup.

Yeah spot on. I thought he would go to McGovern. But they gave him the Hurn job & he closed him down well.
Hurn had 17 disposals but how many of them were play ons from kick ins? A few I'd say. Just the 3 marks for the night as well

I need to watch it again Dave. DeGoey massive. But I thought Crisp’s pressure work around the ball prevented the inevitable Eagles slingshot goal or two that we have been conceding plenty of times on the past few weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Crisp should be in All Australian contention.

He’s been enormous and so consistent week on week.

Legit top 3 in the Copeland this year. Nobody is beating Grundy.
Pendlebury I’d think is second but Crisp must be thereabouts.

Just keeps on playing with smarts and high levels.

What, real supporters have to be stupid?

Nothing wrong with being realistic, and after the last two weeks, thinking we'll lose was fair enough.
I think it’s fair to say most of us thought we were long odds to win but it’s 22 v 22 and there’s always that chance. I mentioned a couple of times in this thread that I felt the stage was set perfectly for one of those famous Magpie ambushes. As it turned out, it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bargain of the 2018 trade period I reckon.
And then some.

I’m still smarting that I had doubts he’d be a mainstay.

But love what he’s doing.

Maynard did to Darling, what Toovey used to do to Darling
Maynard is a better player too :)

He’s an unsung hero of our team.

Tough, long left raking kick, never steps back, did I say tough.

By tough I mean at the ball, and tough standing his ground.

I’m not sure I’ve ever been this happy. I think I’m glowing with a giant neon light!

Anyone who knows what love is, will understand.

Go you mighty pies!
Hey, I love my girlfriend and she took me to the game last night because she’s an Eagles member. She’s still not talking to me this morning and I got the cold shoulder all night in bed. I just don’t care because I know what true love is. GO THE PIES.

A brilliant win for all thr right reasons.
The backline was small with Moore's early injury.
Mihocek after several poor games and playing against his bogey side was brilliant I50 and his goalkickicking was sharp.
Cox responded well after several below par games. Yes he dropped a lot of easy marks but 3 contested marks I50 all resulted in goals.
From halfway through the third term our midfield played accountable football and stemmed WCE's easy ball movement out of the centre.
Sidebottom, Treloar and Phillips disposal improved significantly in the last half of the game.
De Goey was brilliant and was the X factor in the midfield.
Crisp was unstoppable... 10 kicks, 20HB; 10 contested; 6 clearances; 9 tackles; 6 I50's
At one stage I though Maynard was BOG and he single handledly held the backline until the midfield kicked into drive in the 3rd. ... 14 kicks; 3 HB; 5 contested; 6 marks; 6 R50's; 3 tackles; 9 one%'s.
Greenwood and Aish were very solid
Noble had a solid debut

Crocker's 1st half was a shocker, but he responded in the last quarter.
I am not sure about Sier. 15 possessions; 8 contested and 60% game time. Can we afford to have a midfielder with such little game time when we have so many injuries?

I'll bet you are really dirty this morning that we didn't win by 6 goals

Not really.

But you're right, given the number of scoring shots from the 3rd quarter onward, we probably should have won by a few more.

I think if you look for him doing on-field coaching, you will see more of it. He seems a great team man. When you watch the replay, see him leaving the ground next to Noble, just so the newbie wasn’t walking by himself. Top guy.
👍🏻
MayneEvent brings so much to the team. He sacrifices his own game (well I guess the criticism from most is he ain’t got game) to do what is best for the team.

Forward tagging, the smart on-field coaching, defensive minded winger, link man...our TEAM is better with blokes like Mayne in it who actually get the concept of team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back