Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Man, I fkin love this club. Unbelievable win with everything seemingly going against us leading into the match. Amazing last quarter effort by the lads. Treloar was huge in the 4th as was sidey and Grundy

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
A win for the ages.

The first time we've beaten West Coast in Perth since 2009, and the second time we've beaten them by a point over there (did it in 1992 as well).

Felt very underwhelmed by our prospects all week, as last week was a massive let down but I always lived in hope we could cause an upset as the match was closely approaching.

I never really contemplated us pulling off a miracle win so I'm in shock by how we did it despite losing Moore and having wounded players in Aish and Pendlebury play through the last quarter.

Even if we had fallen short, I would have been happy with the effort as it was a step up from previous weeks. The most satisfying part of the win was the way we dominated them in the final quarter.

In the end, we deserved to beat them by more. Reducing the Eagles to only 2.1.13 in the second half was a great achievement by the defenders. On the other hand, we scored 3.9.27 so the dominance was evident but not translated on the scoreboard.

I was fearful we were going to lose at the end after dominating forward 50 entries in the final quarter but we couldn't convert it on the scoreboard. I don't know the precise tackle numbers in the final quarter, but our pressure was ferocious and relentless.

Great performance by Mihocek. His set shot kicking was reminiscent of last year. De Goey looked comfortable through the middle, and Sidebottom played his best game in a long time. Most of the boys improved tonight. I don't think Crocker's going to make it though.

Fair to say this is our best win of the year, and the best since the Prelim. I hope it can be a launching pad for the way we approach the final third of the home and away season.

To show heart tonight was comforting for most supporters. Going to enjoy the weekend now.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not discussing umpires.

There was an Eagles goal that resulted after Sier got thrown away sans ball.

There was an Eagles goal that Roughead clearly was pushed in the back.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Where can you get that replay of every score? I missed the first half :(

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nope, only when Darling had that shot up forward. I was expecting him to angle a kick in to a player just out of camera standing all on his own. We seem to allow that s**t a lot. Not today, Satan.

Happened 4 times with Jarrod Cameron. Pretty sure every one of his 4 goals was a sideways kick with him standing alone with nobody within 20 metres of him about 30m out from goal

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, Crocker didn't have a great game, but he kicked an important point. The kid has got heart - what he is doing to look after his dad who has dementia is very special - and I hope that whatever happens to his career from here, he will always be able to remember and savour the win tonight.

Look I love the bloke but I’m sorry he’s not up to it, I reckon he was involved with at lest 6 turnovers tonight

Apr 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Copped sh!t off the bloke at the petrol station this morning when he saw my pies sticker, think I’m gunna have to go back tomorrow to get another litre and shove it up his f#cken WCE arse!
A litre of fuel?
I'd go in and buy one of those Kit Kats they sell on special that has 4 days left of it's expiry and ask him to change a $50

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any likes from that Richmond poster tonight? Probably crying and suckling on his mother’s tit
Nah.

He’s with the unhinged ones sucking on micks teet

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
So how is everyone else feeling?

Dr Maxwell.png

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where can you get that replay of every score? I missed the first half :(
AFL App is your friend.
Probably tomorrow morning all the quarters are ready to be watched again and again.

I like watching the game again, and suspect I’ll watch the 4th quarter first then the whole lot.

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
I don't think Crocker is AFL standard let me get that out of the way first but I think he got unlucky with some hospital handballs coming his way and subsequently some kind of tough holding the ball calls especially the one where he was deemed to have prior opportunity in the nano second he gathered the ball in the air and it probably rocked his confidence.

Buckley/list management team made the call on his AFL suitability by not delisting him. He's not there as a project player, if he's ready he has to be ready now. You can't have a mature body-wise player playing well in the VFL without reward when a spot opens up for him, he's not there for VFL depth. So I have no qualms about the selection, there's no AFL form this year to point to prior to this game.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's the Collingwood we know and love........my favourite win of the last couple of years aside from the Richmond demolition.

We battered them into submission with grit and pressure despite there being plenty to improve on and quite a few passengers out there - which is understandable given our list situation. Pendlebury, Checkers, Crispy, Maynard, Grundy, JDG etc.....all massive and a big step forward for Coxy. It would've been nice to see a lead or two rather than bomb to the hot spot but it worked so can't complain.

And what do you know - we ditched the over possession game and all of a sudden our skills looked better playing on banana peel.

This could be a super important win. Fingers crossed we haven't added Moore and Pendles to the list.

Oh..........and are we out of Gatorade??

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Shout to Brown if anyone hasn't does so yet.

Here are the stats if anyone hasn't done so yet

It's clear we won contested possession - that's how we won the game and that's how we got the I50 win as well. Make no mistake we must stick with the pressure game. It's evident we should've won by more such was the dominance around the ball particularly in the last qtr.

Back