Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we start a thread on all the so called Pies fans on this forum that wrote all of players and coach off last week. Easy to find them if we look back. Some of the comments were disgusting. Yes, we were all disappointed. Yes it’s fine to say so. But we gotta get behind our club and back them in to turn it around.
I went to the match tonight with my girlfriend who’s an Eagles member. She’s not talking to me tonight, no love for me coming my way. But I don’t care. Tonight was EPIC. The Eagles offended in the air was palpable. It was awesome. Well done to our players, well done to Bucks and our coaching department. Great job. GO PIES.

Maynard toweled Darling in second half

Noble to Cameron goalless

Crisp more midfield thanks to IQ & noble

Degoey degoey degoey what a star

Cox played back into form somehow

Checkers is arguably most important imo

Roughead unheralded tonight, Kennedy goalless?

Aish was way more atacking and it worked

Browns hard and 1%ers go unnoticed (degoeys last goal came from brown smother)

Sidey best game In A long time

Pendles all class, no point mentioning

Maynes role on burn was a master stroke

I thought Grundy was being well beaten to half time, but boy did he monster that home, immense performance

Sour notes:

Sier bad bad bad

Elliot just can’t get into it at all

WHE if he didn’t go onto Allen would be unsighted, but he did and was beaten soundly, my fave bloke but jeez not good night for him, edit * a few good marks just miss 2018 WHE 😢

CROCKER WON US THE GAME.... yeh Mabey but if he ever plays afl again we’re fools, if degoey wants him on the list then keep him on it but no more seniors

Yeah, Crocker didn't have a great game, but he kicked an important point. The kid has got heart - what he is doing to look after his dad who has dementia is very special - and I hope that whatever happens to his career from here, he will always be able to remember and savour the win tonight.

Classy post

It the first half we kicked it to Cox right. Proper parabolic arc kicks he can stretch forward and swallow up

His first half was immense. We need wife basher Carey to slag him every week

He had silver service in first half. Had players putting blocks on and opening up the leading lane so he could mark uncontested.
Dropped a few sitters he should of gobbled which has become a weekly occurence, still struggles in the contest but overall improved game from him.

Would love to see the stats on how often he is the target inside 50 I would put money on it being extremely high.
This imo is detrimental to both his game and ours. Too predictable allows them to 2/v1 him often with him stuck under the ball or blocked off lead.

Should we start a thread on all the so called Pies fans on this forum that wrote all of players and coach off last week. Easy to find them if we look back. Some of the comments were disgusting. Yes, we were all disappointed. Yes it’s fine to say so. But we gotta get behind our club and back them in to turn it around.
I went to the match tonight with my girlfriend who’s an Eagles member. She’s not talking to me tonight, no love for me coming my way. But I don’t care. Tonight was EPIC. The Eagles offended in the air was palpable. It was awesome. Well done to our players, well done to Bucks and our coaching department. Great job. GO PIES.

We don't have to Kiss the Clubs Ass when we are playing like crap like we did in the last 2 Games and even against the Dogs.

Understand why people where so down with how Crap we are Playing.

Hopefully this Big Win gets people back in a better mood

I have no idea how we won that Game.

I thought with Moore gone that we had no Chance.

Very Happy to be Wrong there

This might be the Kick Starter the Season Needed.

Aish played his Best game of the Season.

Grundy and De Goey Draged us over the Line.

Miocheck was good on McGovern.

Nobel had a Strong Debut.

Moore Injury Sucks. Hopefully not out too long
Dave, Dave, Dave, your dad called it. That's all there is to it mate :cool:

Could the mods please give TradeDraft post of the year, for this and the mention of his dad's prediction?

Oh and before I forget.....CAAARRRNNN THE F*****G MAGPIES!!!!

I stayed away from this board all last week. Knew it would be horrible after reading a few pages after last weeks game. Not worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from the game, what a cracker, especially the first quarter, at half time i was exhausted, felt like 12 rounds of heavyweight boxers swinging non stop at each other.

Congratulations you guys deserved it today, you came with a plan and executed it, and out worked us in the dominant last quarter. We will hopefully learn from that and be ready for you next time, hopefully see you again in September!

Congratulations on the win. You fought hard and deserved it. Such wins give you belief and puts your season back on track.
You guys were unrelenting in the last quater.
Westcoast tried to play like millionaires and weren't ready for a dog fight.
Anyway the positive for us is that this loss should give us a kick up the backside and get us back in the fighting mode.

After our fifth behind in the last quarter and our repeat inside 50s I thought there was an air of the grand final about, only roles reversed - that we could jag the win despite tailing for most of the night. Superb performance to keep WC to 1 behind in the last 50 odd minutes.

Credit to Maynard who done his best Toovey impression on Darling, Hoskin-Elliott who battled outside his weight division in a foreign role, DeGoey who was huge especially towards the end around the footy and Mihocek who presented well all night. It was our effort and intent to take the game on across the team that won the game though.
Can't like this enough. I swear I said to my old man, an old fashioned Carlton fan barracking for the eagles, that when we got back in it, it would be our reversal of the Grand Final. Grouse call mate :thumbsu:

I just got back from the game.... we killed a couple of beagle members and stole their cards and got in.... and proceeded to have a night to tell our grandchildren about....sitting amongst the old greying half dead carcasses that masquerade as beagle members....clap clap clap all through the first half ...booing and whingeing and whining all through the second half...a magic night! ... they shuffled back to their old people's homes talking about going back to england because they couldnt stand the shame. I honestly heard one yapping about the pommes winning the cricket trying to cheer himself up...gutless useless whining pieces of crap that they are.....now i'm watching the replay

My favourite part of the night was when he had enough of being ignored and on the 15th bomb to Cox he stepped into Coxs leading lane and utensil blocked him to mark cleanly and goal.
I wouldn't mind seeing Mihocek's heat map and compare to previous weeks as I think his instructions tonight were to play closer to goal.
One of his best games and not only for the goals but his workrate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back