Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Elliot just can’t get into it at all

I think he did well. Some key involvements where his class and decision making gave us goals. Although we think of him as a high marking and leading player he is brilliant at moving the ball and passing it into the forward line. Look at that turnover he forced, he ran to the correct position after to receive the ball and delivered it perfectly. WCE backline is very strong so someone is going to get shutdown but he was able to plug away despite not having a big one.

I think he did well. Some key involvements where his class and decision making gave us goals. Although we think of him as a high marking and leading player he is brilliant at moving the ball and passing it into the forward line. Look at that turnover he forced, he ran to the correct position after to receive the ball and delivered it perfectly. WCE backline is very strong so someone is going to get shutdown but he was able to plug away despite not having a big one.
Yep and a nice pass to Mihocek in the first qtr. Has been doing his job without being spectacular.

That was a fantastic performance. The defence were miserly and full of run, the midfield was brutal and the forwards looked dangerous. I think Aish is a lock in that back six and definitely best 22 when everyone’s available.

He's a very solid defender just needs to keep attacking the game when he gets it was good tonight. I also liked him as a HF when used there the other year. Has very clean hands.

I just got back from the game.... we killed a couple of beagle members and stole their cards and got in.... and proceeded to have a night to tell our grandchildren about....sitting amongst the old greying half dead carcasses that masquerade as beagle members....clap clap clap all through the first half ...booing and whingeing and whining all through the second half...a magic night! ... they shuffled back to their old people's homes talking about going back to england because they couldnt stand the shame. I honestly heard one yapping about the pommes winning the cricket trying to cheer himself up...gutless useless whining pieces of crap that they are.....now i'm watching the replay
Worst supporters in the history of Aussie rules, have to constantly put up with their crap. I had to put up with crap from Carlton & Richmond fans way back but at least they have been around for longer than 5 minutes not like these arrogant bunch of condescending w***ers. Going to enjoy the weekend after that win.

He had some key 2nd half moments defensively and odd failed rove but important that he did get to it deep in the fwd pockets. His lack of offensive game is somewhat a worry. Been a while since he ripped a game apart up fwd.

The good thing with Elliott is we know what he can do so hopefully a few more games under his belt and we start to see his offensive side build.

Last edited:
We played a lot better but still another game where we lost 3/4 and won with 1 good quarter. Still plenty of improvement in there.

We played alt better but still another game where we lost 3/4 and won with 1 good quarter. Still plenty of improvement in there.

Not bad playing 1 Qtr and Beating the Premiers and Flag Favourites.

We where not poor in other 3 Qtrs like we had since the Bye

He's a very solid defender just needs to keep attacking the game when he gets it was good tonight. I also liked him as a HF when used there the other year. Has very clean hands.
Agreed. He’s also hard at it, calm under pressure, a good kick, contested mark and decision maker. He’s a real asset when he’s backs himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stayed away from this board all last week. Knew it would be horrible after reading a few pages after last weeks game. Not worth it.
I know. It’s too easy to stick the boots in when everything turns to crap. But Side By Side it’s meant to be.

He had silver service in first half. Had players putting blocks on and opening up the leading lane so he could mark uncontested.
Dropped a few sitters he should of gobbled which has become a weekly occurence, still struggles in the contest but overall improved game from him.

Would love to see the stats on how often he is the target inside 50 I would put money on it being extremely high.
This imo is detrimental to both his game and ours. Too predictable allows them to 2/v1 him often with him stuck under the ball or blocked off lead.

I think even if Cox is too much of a target long I think it's not part of our gameplan when things are going right. He can get to contests that others can't so when a pressured kick into the forward line from the wing-flank goes forward he might get a finger to it and the stat for target inside 50 is shown as him being the intended target. When our ball movement is freer our targets are our smalls, De Goey, Stephenson are our 2 main full forwards. That doesn't mean he isn't an asset as the target of the old cliche "get out of jail" kick . However even "get out of jail" kicks have degrees of effectiveness, the long kick around the shoulder to no one in particular is bad. The long kick when ball movement is slow to Cox's spot where 2 guys have to go up at the contest to defend him directly is a good "get out of jail" kick, one of the best in the competition.

The issue with Cox against Hawthorn was:
1. The kicks to him were either open play kick in hope kicks or they were slow kicks from behind the halfway mark.
2. The small forwards did not position themself close enough to Cox to take advantage of the 2 on 1 conundrum he creates in the air. They were too wound up in becoming an option themselves because of the frustratingly stunted and haphazard ball movement from up the ground, leaving Cox to try and create a contest against 2 intercepting players alone when the kick isn't favouring him. By allowing #2, we allowed kicks described in #1 to become the norm, kicks that just drop in Hawthorns zone grid.

We don't have to Kiss the Clubs Ass when we are playing like crap like we did in the last 2 Games and even against the Dogs.

Understand why people where so down with how Crap we are Playing.

Hopefully this Big Win gets people back in a better mood
Nobody said anything about kissing ass when the Pies are playing like crap. But how about cutting out all the vitriol and abuse. You may think it’s ok, but I don’t. It doesn’t help anything. Our motto is Side By Side. A lot of our supporters need to remember that. And like you said, this might be just the win we needed to get out of our funk.

That was a fantastic performance. The defence were miserly and full of run, the midfield was brutal and the forwards looked dangerous. I think Aish is a lock in that back six and definitely best 22 when everyone’s available.
I watched it live and Aish put his body on the line time and time again. Our defence did fantastically well especially given we lost Moore early in the game.

Last edited:
He had some key 2nd half moments defensively and odd failed rove but important that he did get to it deep fwd pockets, but his lack of offensive game is a worry. Been a while since he ripped a game apart up fwd.

The good thing with Elliott is we know what he can do so hopefully a few more games under hos belt and we start to see his offensive side build.
A lot of people think he's too similar to De Goey and Stephenson and that he should be the full forward role and JDG/Stepho play further up the ground. I think the opposite is true. He is best as a high half forward flanker who the opposition is forced to play a slightly smaller player on, then he beats them by his one on one strength and his marking ability. Closer to goal he is a bit too easily covered by taller defenders as he plays similar to a key forward.

Stephenson gets mismatches because they want to try and play a full back on him if he's playing like a full forward but he's too quick for most of them.
JDG is just a nightmare by default.

No Langdon
No Adams
No Stephenson
No Beams
No Wells
No Moore
No Howe
No Scharenberg

No ******* worries.

West Coast's team doesn't get any better than that. That was fully 100% fit and we beat them in their own backyard. Sensational.
All WC were missing was Mark Hutchings. Tonight Collingwood played like Collingwood. Dour effort, hard as nails, didn’t give up, never surrendered. Very proud of the club tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back