Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Loser mentality on the game day thread..most should be ashamed. Not real supporters
I went to the game tonight thinking if we turn our form around we can push the Eagles. But I expected it would be tough to win because our form has been down and their form has been pretty good. And playing WC at home, they are tough to beat. But I also told a Pies mate that the stage is set for the perfect ambush and if we could turn it on, then we are a chance of upsetting them. It was an epic win.

I honestly thought tonight was one of them Collingwood nights. You dont expect it and we produce something miraculous. We have half our team out lol.

Let's kick on from here and finish top 2 and go from there on. Hopefully our mid season slumber is done and we have awaken. After tonight with half a side in I can truly say we can actually beat anybody go pies.

I honestly thought tonight was one of them Collingwood nights. You dont expect it and we produce something miraculous. We have half our team out lol.

Let's kick on from here and finish top 2 and go from there on. Hopefully our mid season slumber is done and we have awaken. After tonight with half a side in I can truly say we can actually beat anybody go pies.
I thought the scene was set for an ambush for the exact reasons you said.

Finally finished watching the game on delay and was able to avoid spoilers. Holy ****! I’m watching the first half thinking “well they are putting in the effort at least” which turned into “they could win this” which turned into “THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!”

For the first time in forever our little guys were willing to put in the work around the stoppage to force clearances. Critical on a night where Grundy had an even match. Stifling pressure got the job done; the second, the third and fourth efforts. What. A. Win.

Worst supporters in the history of Aussie rules, have to constantly put up with their crap. I had to put up with crap from Carlton & Richmond fans way back but at least they have been around for longer than 5 minutes not like these arrogant bunch of condescending w***ers. Going to enjoy the weekend after that win.

Let me tell you some home truths about these pieces of elongated faeces......the membership ticket for a seat in the back of the grandstand behind the goals costs $1500. Thats more than twice the price of a Pie membership with reserved seating. And these memberships are hard to get... there is an official queue to get a members ticket even with the new stadium...

THat means that the people who become members are rich slimy senior citizens from the western suburbs by the sea who come to the footy with their $1000 beagle jackets etc etc and they come as some sort of social experience. They have no idea of the rules. In fact, they're probably more acquainted with the rules of the round ball game which they spent their youth playing in west london. But like all good pommes, they know how to whine. They know how to boo and they know about one particular rule...deliberate out of bounds. They discovered that rule when they went to their game when the multinational that brough them out to this country gave them free tickets and told them to go to an AFL match and learn something about Australia and they went...and they were confused ...but someone told them about the deliberate out of bounds rule and they fell in love with it.... and it remains the only rule in AFL that they know...

And they clap ...and they clap more...and when they dont clap, you can find them booing...and whineing...

This club does my head in.
Play crap against The Hawks and North then put on field what seems like our weakest side in ages.
Lose More early in the game, and of the 21 players left about 6 have very little to no impact.
Yet....
They beat the reigning premiers on their home turf.

This club does my head in.
Yeah and when you finally arrive where I am and realize you just have to swap that performance with the last time we met them for a flag you'll be ready to blow your brains out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Mihocek's heat map and compare to previous weeks as I think his instructions tonight were to play closer to goal.
One of his best games and not only for the goals but his workrate.

My heat map has a bright red glow emanating just south of the equator.

Funnily enough it looks like South America.

Oh that chestnut, “not real supporters.” I’d say they are more real than the delusional fan boys.
That old chestnut as a defence o_O

I’m not a .... Delusional Fan boys.... :eek:

Hmmmm :cool:

Last edited:
We played a lot better but still another game where we lost 3/4 and won with 1 good quarter. Still plenty of improvement in there.
Thanks Nathan :p

For trivia buffs: this has happened in only one ever grand final, where a side has won only ONE quarter and LOST three quarters but still WON the Premiership.

Actually not us (knowing our history you’d think maybe us) but St Kilda in 2009.

Not a bad win. With our outs, a debutant, a two-gamer, a first time defender (WHE), three players shockingly out of form or struggling (Elliott, Sier, Crocker), against the reigning premiers, on their home deck, with rabid opposition fans filling the stadium and a tsunami of recent negative media and publicity. Not bad at all.

Isn't it ironic re.. Crocker.. one of the worst games of football by a player since 1892.. one of the best behind the stick jobs kicked to win a game since 1892.

He can enjoy his delisting knowing he contributed at least once to a win in his 24 appearances.

Who would have thought that.

Last edited:
What a win a, played out of our skin's, great to see the smile on Buck's face that win should give the lads a heap of confidence when a touch of self doubt may have been creeping in Floreat Pica

One for the true believers

Genius move putting 3 big bodied mids (DeGoey, Sier, Crisp) in the middle.
Two of them held the 3 opposition mids allowing DeGoey to clear the ball....whoever came up with that, well done

Mihocek, just casually goes to a whole new level when ever called on. I cannot believe this guy was missed in 5 drafts

Grundy, ran Nic Nat into the ground

Still got work to do and we will get a few back in coming weeks but we have got our mojo back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back