Health Pig Flu 2020 With Pandemic Potential

Remove this Banner Ad

The BBC are reporting a new form of flu with pandemic potential has been found in Chinese pigs and has the potential to infect humans.

Hopefully nothing to be alarmed of.

The BBC are reporting a new form of flu with pandemic potential has been found in Chinese pigs and has the potential to infect humans.

Hopefully nothing to be alarmed of.

Have a look at where ham/bacon/pork comes from next time you are at the deli counter at woolies or coles. most of it is <15% sourced from Australia. Most of the pre-packed stuff is also from OS.

Have a look at where ham/bacon/pork comes from next time you are at the deli counter at woolies or coles. most of it is <15% sourced from Australia. Most of the pre-packed stuff is also from OS.
A lot of it comes from Canada and Denmark
If its imported it cant have bone in
If you want Australian get bone in

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t this just mean it exists and has to be monitored? Just like numerous other viruses found in animals?

So it could be years off or potentially never infect humans.

And here comes the fear-mongering. A flu from pigs? The last one didn't turn out to big a deal.
The big fear pre CV19 was a bird/pig flu hybrid coming from China where people and chooks and pigs live closely
The pig is similar to humans so if it gets them it gets us

Not saying this is the one but give it enough time intensive factory farming will give it the arena to start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is old news. Last year 1/4 of the world's pigs were killed by the swine flu in China. It's already impacted the price of bacon etc in Australia.

I assume some Journo realised people are tired of worring about Covid and would rather stress about the next pandemic before it even begins.

This is old news. Last year 1/4 of the world's pigs were killed by the swine flu in China. It's already impacted the price of bacon etc in Australia.

I assume some Journo realised people are tired of worring about Covid and would rather stress about the next pandemic before it even begins.
That swine flu impacted the price of beef, lamb and sausages as China changed meats for their stirfrys and dim sum as they also bought up lots of the trimmings that go inside sausages.

Still scary for Australia with our wild boar population

Its the transfer to human thats the greater risk not just the pigs getting sick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back