Autopsy Pigs Arse Jack! Dogs flog Bluebaggers, Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

yes the delivery to Astro was terrible. So many times he was well in front of Weitering and had to stop and double back because the delivery was over his head. That makes it impossible for any forward.
The only thing Astro stuffed up was the juggled mark over the line.
And his goal kicking around the corner, he's terrible at it yet contiues to persist? His routine is poor and I reckon it's cost him/us 4/5 goals this season. They are gimmes that go begging.... Surely someone can help the kid out :)

Coaches' Votes AFLCA Award

10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
6 Tom Liberatore (WB)
6 Josh Bruce (WB)
4 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
3 Eddie Betts (CARL)
1 Sam Docherty (CARL)

Possible breakdown:

Coach A - Bevo?
5 Bont
4 Libba
3 Weitering (C)
2 Bruce
1 Docherty (C)

Coach B - Teague?
5 Bont
4 Bruce
3 Betts (C)
2 Libba
1 Weitering (C)

The Libba-Bruce votes could be swapped around for both coaches.

Macrae and Bont are 6th and 7th overall in the AFLCA award.

And in other news, Harry McKay has been fined $2000 for striking Bailey Dale in the third quarter. Ouch, that tickles.
In the old days that used to be four weeks (but if they hit them in the old days they stayed hit!)

Coaches' Votes AFLCA Award

10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
6 Tom Liberatore (WB)
6 Josh Bruce (WB)
4 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
3 Eddie Betts (CARL)
1 Sam Docherty (CARL)

Possible breakdown:

Coach A - Bevo?
5 Bont
4 Libba
3 Weitering (C)
2 Bruce
1 Docherty (C)

Coach B - Teague?
5 Bont
4 Bruce
3 Betts (C)
2 Libba
1 Weitering (C)

The Libba-Bruce votes could be swapped around for both coaches.

Macrae and Bont are 6th and 7th overall in the AFLCA award.

And in other news, Harry McKay has been fined $2000 for striking Bailey Dale in the third quarter. Ouch, that tickles.
In the old days that used to be four weeks (but if they hit them in the old days they stayed hit!)
My first thought was that Teague gave Weitering 4 and Bevo left him out - I thought he was clearly the 2nd best player on the ground.

My first thought was that Teague gave Weitering 4 and Bevo left him out - I thought he was clearly the 2nd best player on the ground.
Yes that'd work:
Bevo - Bont, Libba, Bruce, Betts, Docherty
Teague - Bont, Weitering, Bruce, Libba, Betts

Again the Bruce/Libba votes could be swapped around.
Weitering was pretty impressive though. Surely deserved some recognition from both coaches.

Well, sorry that people showing emotion during the footy upsets a few on here. They are spontaneous, just like being at the footy which is impossible for some. Most posts sound like people barracking at the footy. It's as close to being there sharing the ups and downs with others during the game as some of us have. I miss the noise of the footy and the genuine emotion of the minute. If I wanted to have an "actual" discussion about the footy and analyse what was(is) going on, the Autopsy thread is where you can find that. Sure some posts are very negative but that's life. You can always put people on Ignore or even not read the thread. I once was invited to sit in the MCG Members by a friend. Hated it. Left at three quarter time to sit with Footscray members in the Outer. Please don't ask us to become like MCG members. I beg of you... ;)

And as for yelling things out in your empty lounge room or whispering it under your breath, I reserve that for reality shows or Home and Away! So there :p

BTW I post with my laptop next to me as I watch the TV. Not that difficult after twenty years of practice.

I don’t believe anyone is referring to you, Chicago.

But the lack of respect for our players by some on here is a disgrace.
Most of these people wouldn’t act in such a way if they personally knew the players or they had to put their legal name to their comments or express the comments directly to the players, coaches etc.

No one is suggesting that emotion cannot be displayed.

It’s about common decency, respect and sense of community. We are all in this together.

Most of these people wouldn’t act in such a way if they personally knew the players or they had to put their legal name to their comments or express the comments directly to the players, coaches etc.

It’s about common decency, respect and sense of community. We are all in this together.
Aussie rules is harder than it looks to us keyboard warriors and AFL the hardest of the lot. I must admit to shouting "I could have kicked (or marked) that!" but I bet I 100% couldn't.

The only other Bulldogs - Carlton game I've been to was in 2008, when we were 6 goals up in the 3rd quarter, but conceded the last 10 goals of the game. Finally get payback after all these years!

He can keep his $2000, I just want the down field free kick that I couldn't believe wasn't paid on the day.

This encapsulates my gripe about the Game Day threads perfectly. The over-the-top vitriol expressed against our own players is the problem, not expressing your passion, frustration, disappointment, elation etc.

And his goal kicking around the corner, he's terrible at it yet contiues to persist? His routine is poor and I reckon it's cost him/us 4/5 goals this season. They are gimmes that go begging.... Surely someone can help the kid out :)

Noticed this too. A few times he's had a set shot only a couple of meters from the goal post and he goes way back too far on the mark, shoving himself into the boundary line. Should be an easy enough kick with new rule as a left footer if you don't go too far back behind the mark.

Seriously good player though. Wasn't on his terms for most of the game and popped up when needed. Look at the 30 seconds before his big park mark at the end of the 3rd. He chased the quickest player in the league to cause the out on the full. Not many key forwards can pull that sort of stuff out. The big pack mark seconds later was the cherry on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This encapsulates my gripe about the Game Day threads perfectly. The over-the-top vitriol expressed against our own players is the problem, not expressing your passion, frustration, disappointment, elation etc.

I am the first one to get upset and carry on like a pork chop when we miss a set shot 20m straight out in front, or butcher the ball in the half back line leading to a turnover. It’s an emotional game.

But we should draw the line at name calling, personal abuse etc. It ain’t right - we are supposed to be the same family!

Anyway, end of rant. Need to get back to talking about footy which is why most of us come on here.

Lachie will play! I'm convinced of it. Broken hand, pffft.

I broke my 3rd and 4th metacarpals in a car accident and my hand swelled up massively, some of my knuckles split. I was in cast for 4 or 5 weeks.
These guys play through so much pain. Imagine playing on after a broken nose :eek:

American football has the same problem.

Remember they once caught on camera some guy leaning over the fence in the forward pocket yelling "I could have kicked that", when a player missed from not far out? They found him and brought him in to prove it. He was so nervous he was throwing up (also caught on camera) but he DID kick the goal :D

Thought Dale had a shocking game. Turned from the best kick in the league to the worst kick in that first half.

Those threads are all about emotion and footy frustration. Should be labelled with a warning to all those that enter what to expect.

Create a seperate thread for adult discussion.

I broke my 3rd and 4th metacarpals in a car accident and my hand swelled up massively, some of my knuckles split. I was in cast for 4 or 5 weeks.
These guys play through so much pain. Imagine playing on after a broken nose :eek:

Broken noses don’t really hurt that much on the pain scale.

Ribs are one of the worst as you can’t do anything without them hurting. From breathing to pooping it’s no good

Ribs are one of the worst as you can’t do anything without them hurting. From breathing to pooping it’s no good

That just be my own fears.

Had broken ribs too and yes, that wasn't great.

Nose hurts like buggery to begin with, ribs hurt constantly good luck getting a good night sleep with broken ribs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back