Autopsy Pigs Arse Jack! Dogs flog Bluebaggers, Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I am the first one to get upset and carry on like a pork chop when we miss a set shot 20m straight out in front, or butcher the ball in the half back line leading to a turnover. It’s an emotional game.

But we should draw the line at name calling, personal abuse etc. It ain’t right - we are supposed to be the same family!

Anyway, end of rant. Need to get back to talking about footy which is why most of us come on here.
Where does that saying 'carrying on like a pork chop' come from anyway?

Will be interesting if he keeps it up. The best kick in the league
Thought he'd turned the corner a few years ago when he kicked all those goals within a few weeks but then went back downhill until this year.
8 rounds in you'd have to say it's more than just a flash in the pan.

!
Bailey Dale getting an AA blazer will deserve a thread of its own

Where does that saying 'carrying on like a pork chop' come from anyway?

Well, there you go, thanks NW, who says you don't learn anything on Big Footy! - Don't answer that last bit ;)

Well, there you go, thanks NW, who says you don't learn anything on Big Footy! - Don't answer that last bit ;)
There is an alternative explanation that a pork chop when being fried makes a big racket.....like someone carrying on
But I want the first one to be true:)

There is an alternative explanation that a pork chop when being fried makes a big racket.....like someone carrying on
But I want the first one to be true:)
Either way it's an appropriate discussion for a thread with this title (and the bloke who inspired it).

Exactly. I never got the point of them.
If you're reading all the comments, then you're not actually watching the game.
If you're just posting without reading others, you may as well yell it out to your empty lounge room or whisper it under your breath, don't see the point. Better off to collate your thoughts for the post-game thread to have an actual discussion.
If you just want to read the thread back after the game, well, you're a sadist.

Can someone explain to me what you get out of them? Serious question.
Man sometimes it is funny to read the melts. When I am really stressed out from work, I read them at night and quickly fall asleep with a smile in my face.

No he wasnt, the backline apart from Keath were average over the day at best.

One good qrt doesn’t delete 3 poor ones mate.

In the end the backline(apart from Keath) had an adequate day but they got the run around for 2.5 qrts by a very ordinary footy team.
We played well in the first 10 minutes or so, went totally missing in q2 and most of q3 and smashed them in q4. the bad, was pretty unpleasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Dale getting an AA blazer will deserve a thread of its own

Still think he's a little way off that. I'd have a fit Bailey Williams ahead of him (if he got back up and running). Also he's got a lot of competition for the small-medium defenders role:

Amon from Port
Stewart from Geelong
Those headband-wearing tossers from Melbourne
Short from Richmond
Saad from Blues (despite JJ shutting him down)

Great that he's in the conversation though. Who'd have thunk it!

You can’t say that you’ll get howled at and called a negative nancy for a personal opinion.

Our backline got dismantled for more than half a game by a bottom 4 team including a 56 year old but apparently that’s a good game 🤷🏼‍♂️

People shouldn’t expect a 100% faultless game or performance from the team or individual players every week. No team does that, it’s impossible. Sometimes we get a lot right, sometimes we get bits wrong. A small mistake can be magnified hugely. The least worst performer on the day wins. That’s the beauty of our game.

I don’t understand how some don’t rate our defence.

We are second for least amount of points conceded after 8 matches.

That makes us the second best defensive team in the AFL.

I think that’s pretty impressive given the injuries to Crozier, Williams and Gardner.

I understand a lot of this has to do with the midfield, but the same could be said about any other team in the competition.

No man is an island, entire by himself. Same could be said about any line in a football team.
Melbourne's defence is being hailed as the best in the competition, largely thanks to May, Lever and Salem. We have Keath (=May), Dale (not far off Salem, if not his equal) and, when fit, Williams, whose output is similar to Levers, albeit a different role. It's weird calling our defence below average and somehow an issue, yet Melbourne's is elite somehow.

Even with the midfield argument, there are many talking up Oliver and Petracca as AA candidates this year (aka Bont and Macrae), and Gawn is clearly a more productive ruck than ours. They also have Langdon playing career-best footy. If anything, Melbourne is just as reliant on their midfield to defend as we are. There is just as much reason to call Melbourne's defence an issue as there is for ours, yet most would easily recognise that that would be ridiculous.

Melbourne's defence is being hailed as the best in the competition, largely thanks to May, Lever and Salem. We have Keath (=May), Dale (not far off Salem, if not his equal) and, when fit, Williams, whose output is similar to Levers, albeit a different role. It's weird calling our defence below average and somehow an issue, yet Melbourne's is elite somehow.

Even with the midfield argument, there are many talking up Oliver and Petracca as AA candidates this year (aka Bont and Macrae), and Gawn is clearly a more productive ruck than ours. They also have Langdon playing career-best footy. If anything, Melbourne is just as reliant on their midfield to defend as we are. There is just as much reason to call Melbourne's defence an issue as there is for ours, yet most would easily recognise that that would be ridiculous.

It's also just a difference in structure. Dees will have at least one defender 2 kicks away from the contest at all times so teams can't rebound quickly and they don't get scored against. We drag our all our defenders to be a kick or less away and it helps us score more. The fact we can do that and still have the second least points against should be a testament to our side.

The whole coach stuff is just boring BS
When we are losing it is always Bev is being outcoached, got through the thread and see how many times this popped up qtrs 2 and 3. Then see in q4 how many compliment Bev as outcoaching the opposition. Apparently, Players, Assistant Coaches and Line Coaches have no input in how the team is performing nor the other members of the selection committee have no input on team selection. Simple Formula do poorly its the coach, pick a team someone disagrees with we melt and its the coach. Any other scenario that is positive, not the coach

I went and watched Dees v Swans and I’d actually say that Salem is their Caleb. Has become their playmaker, so we have to stop him when we meet them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back