Autopsy Pigs Arse Jack! Dogs flog Bluebaggers, Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is saying Bevo is infallible or exempt from criticism, but some of it is massively overblown..

Posters saying he dishes up the same sh!t week after week (ignoring the fact we are 6-1 and 150%) and saying he never tries a plan b (when he clearly makes many moves game day and did to great effect v Carlton) are clearly talking out of their backsides and do so with regularity.

Bevo of all people deserves a modicum of respect on the Dogs board. I've got no problem calling out people who slag him off consistently and grossly disproportionately to the facts.
Mate, people who think Bevo is Mussolini, too set in his ways do not understand or see the moves he (or any coach) makes during the game. Such people are having a bad week, namely, it is Bevo's fault I am having a shait week at work, and the missus gives me a hard time, and my dog barks at night, and the weather is cold, etc...

I would have thought, without doing the research, that Bev would be our most successful coach in the 95 years we’ve been in the AFL.

He is a fantastic coach and 2016 would never have happened without him.

That is not say he is infallible and immune from criticism, but he is having a great year this year and I feel we’re are not far away from another deep run into September.

Still think he's a little way off that. I'd have a fit Bailey Williams ahead of him (if he got back up and running). Also he's got a lot of competition for the small-medium defenders role:

Amon from Port
Stewart from Geelong
Those headband-wearing tossers from Melbourne
Short from Richmond
Saad from Blues (despite JJ shutting him down)

Great that he's in the conversation though. Who'd have thunk it!
He actually in the rolling one they post on I think it’s Fox

I can't think of more than a handful of posters on here that absolutely don't rate Bevo.

I can't think of too many that think he is infallible either.

Most posters (myself included) think that Bevo is a very good coach who has done a great job but sometimes infuriates and is not above criticism from time to time. Bevo is human and not perfect.
No one says he is and that’s the same with any coach. How is Clarkson going today? How did Scully, Paton, Tyrone Vickery go under the master coach?
My frustration is much of the criticism is petty crap or stuff the average supporters would have NFI about
We don’t know what roles players are asked to play or whether they break team rules yet their are so many experts on here who claim to know better than match committee

Nobody is saying Bevo is infallible or exempt from criticism, but some of it is massively overblown..

Posters saying he dishes up the same sh!t week after week (ignoring the fact we are 6-1 and 150%) and saying he never tries a plan b (when he clearly makes many moves game day and did to great effect v Carlton) are clearly talking out of their backsides and do so with regularity.

Bevo of all people deserves a modicum of respect on the Dogs board. I've got no problem calling out people who slag him off consistently and grossly disproportionately to the facts.
100%
Some like dishing it out but not so much taking it

I love the “our defence is reliant on our midfield” argument. Has anyone making this call watched much footy lately? Every teams defence is reliant on their midfield 😂
Yes they have it’s why it’s called team defence and it’s been pretty successful for the Tigers

It's often a good idea to watch a replay of games after seeing them live providing you have access to Foxtel/Kayo. You do see a lot of the inside play at stoppages in more detail. After viewing, I was very impressed with Sweet's pressure and endeavour to follow up his ruck work. He may have lost the hitout count but his around the stoppages work was very good. I think he has become a more than useful ruck backup and potentially a worthy replacement for Martin.
Agree I hope with time and confidence he will add more around the ground marking

No one says he is and that’s the same with any coach. How is Clarkson going today? How did Scully, Paton, Tyrone Vickery go under the master coach?
My frustration is much of the criticism is petty crap or stuff the average supporters would have NFI about
We don’t know what roles players are asked to play or whether they break team rules yet their are so many experts on here who claim to know better than match committee
The same could be said of the criticism of the players. Substitute players for coach in your post and every word is true.

This forum wouldn't exist if we couldn't critique and sometimes criticise the players, coach and club officials. We should do it in a way that doesn't get unreasonably personal or vilifying though.

I understand you think some of the criticism of Bevo is uneducated and unwarranted... but that's just your opinion. Others are allowed to have an alternative view as long as they abide by forum rules.

The same could be said of the criticism of the players. Substitute players for coach in your post and every word is true.

This forum wouldn't exist if we couldn't critique and sometimes criticise the players, coach and club officials. We should do it in a way that doesn't get unreasonably personal or vilifying though.

I understand you think some of the criticism of Bevo is uneducated and unwarranted... but that's just your opinion. Others are allowed to have an alternative view as long as they abide by forum rules.
No problem with anyone having an opinion it is a forum after all but I will critique those I don’t agree with as they do mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back