Pike & Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2000
Adelaide
I've seen reports that Adelaide have had talks with Martin Pike & Pike is keen to come to Adelaide.

I've also heard that the big Sav has had a change of heart & would be happy to come to Adelaide to play AFL.

What do you think?

I wouldn't have either!

Sav is too big a risk. He can't play once the ball hits the deck, has dodgy knees, can't stay fit, looses confidence too easily & his commitment must be questioned. With Adelaide playing lots of night games this year I don't think he is the man.

As for Pike. I like his agression & he is a good player, but he likes the grog too much & we don't need a 1/2 back flanker.

We should stick to drafting youth in the November draft & maybe look at one of these guys if available in the preseason.

Originally posted by Drakey:
I've seen reports that Adelaide have had talks with Martin Pike & Pike is keen to come to Adelaide.

I've also heard that the big Sav has had a change of heart & would be happy to come to Adelaide to play AFL.

What do you think?

I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't want us to waste too high a draft pick on either but I'd think about picking them up with our fourth or fifth picks. I think they might be better value than some victorian kid who is going to leave in a couple of years or a player from the SANFL.

I think Sav would be the biggest waste of a pick since we re-hired Scott Hodges.

It will interesting to see if Robran plays forward or back this year. With Hewitt, Perrie and maybe Mcgregor/Steglein up forward Robran could be left down back to look after Edwards, Hart, Bicks and co. That would probably make Pike a waste of a pick too.

I don't think we need any more experienced players and should concentrate on some young kids to develop. IMHO the biggest downfall of the club so far has been its failure to develop good kids year in and year out. We should have had a few more Roos, Harts and Mcloeods in ten years.

Well Drakey

Sav has ended up at Arden Street....much to the shock of many North fans. I didn't want to see him in our team, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea (okay, before everyone goes on "you're just saying that because he's in your team", I want to say that I still want to get rid of David Calthorpe
wink.gif
). We need another forward to give Carey some sort of help.

More interesting though is that I remember something you once posted about how Blight would draft players for the short term so that he could win a premiership. Up pop Mark Gale and Robert Powell to add to their crop of players they picked up during trading time. Is history going to repeat itself?

Well Shins its not much more of an achievement to take a team from 16th to 1st than it was from 13th to 1st statistically I spose.

But I can't see them doing much better than about 8th at best.

Could it be that Blighty will emulate Alan Jeans ?

Minor success at Geelong (St Kilda)
Major success at Adelaide (Hawthorn)
Not much at all at St Kilda (Richmond)

Blights intention would be to make the 8 this year. He beleives that is possible with any team.

After you make the 8 it's a matter of seeing how far you can go.

I'ts no surprise seeing him pick up some ready made players. He wants guys who can play next year & he is a teacher. Players will improve under his coaching.

Good luck with Sav Roo fans. hahahahha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back