Pinchy Stompy Stratton should be sanctioned, preferably with fire

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all so Hawthorn, and sadly not surprising at all.

Personally I found another incident equally rancid. Late in the game the gutless sniper Sissy had a mark taken over him from behind, and as the player came down grabbed the ankle (at waist level) and tried to tip him over in the air.

Apart from being breathtakingly irresponsible in the risk of serious injury, the single minded intensity of focus on filth required to move from contest to snipe so quickly is remarkable.

Everyone knows this has been condoned by Clarko yet he gets the CEO to throw Stratton under the bus.

Club is in freefall.

Dingley is a player's career away. Waverley has the worst facilities in the league. They have arguably the worst list with zero depth. Plus they have no player or trade currency.

I almost feel bad for them.

Everyone knows this has been condoned by Clarko yet he gets the CEO to throw Stratton under the bus.

Club is in freefall.

Dingley is a player's career away. Waverley has the worst facilities in the league. They have arguably the worst list with zero depth. Plus they have no player or trade currency.

Stratton could be good for a club looking for a pinch hitter.

Quietly counsel - 'Straats we've got away with it for a while now and I know it was my idea but we have to stop now' 'Also, so I can't be seen to be condoning this I have to get Justin to call you out. You ok with that?'

No doubt Stratton has put himself in this situation and I'm not defending his behavior in the slightest. Twas an unacceptable look for a club captain.

HOWEVER

When he gets rubbed out for pinching, just like Roughy was rubbed out for tripping, Rioli was rubbed out for "attempted striking", Lake was rubbed out for "attempted choking", and plenty of Hawks have had their penalties upped for "potential for Hawthorn player to cause injury", it makes me sick that Hawthorn players get persecuted by the media-followed-by-the-tribunal in ways others don't. Years from now we'll still be musing why Stratton is the only guy ever rubbed out for pinching, to which the obvious answer will be "because he plays for Hawthorn and too many jealous pricks in the media hate us".

tenor (14).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club is in freefall.

That's what happens when you sell the farm for a couple of VFL grade flags during the expansion era.

As much as it worked, nobody rates the flags or the Hawks current list. Another eight years at the bottom and they will load up again for some more cheap flags when Tassie and Shanghai join the comp.

Of course, they don't have to worry about any fans. Business leaders around the world would kill for a workforce as willingly flexible as Hawthorn fans to quit when times are tough.

It's funny, being a plodders in the country league, this s**t never happened. It was all elbows to the back of the head, swinging arms and knees in the head in stoppages.

If someone had pinched someone else they probably would have been laughed off the field by their own players.

Is this shitty, baby stuff what Melbourne/Vic players do because they are too scared to get suspended? I mean is this a thing in some leagues, anywhere?

My guess is Wingard basing it off recent selections.

Please, please, please let it be Wingard.
Might be one of their young guns. Ryan Burton or... er... the other one.

It's funny, being a plodders in the country league, this **** never happened. It was all elbows to the back of the head, swinging arms and knees in the head in stoppages.

If someone had pinched someone else they probably would have been laughed off the field by their own players.

Is this ****ty, baby stuff what Melbourne/Vic players do because they are too scared to get suspended? I mean is this a thing in some leagues, anywhere?

Stratton is from WA.

Remember when this sook tried that dirty s**t to big Tommy and copped a knuckle sandwich for his troubles. What a goose.

images

Misreply - I meant to respond to harry000, who I thought was saying this was par for the course down there. Its a genuine question, does anybody know if this is a thing in any lower leagues?

I played my footy in Tassie. Is alot of niggle that goes on but in the lower leagues your team mates can stick up for you if something like that is going on. In the AFL you have to be in contention for the Brownlow to get away with belting a bloke.

I played my footy in Tassie. Is alot of niggle that goes on but in the lower leagues your team mates can stick up for you if something like that is going on. In the AFL you have to be in contention for the Brownlow to get away with belting a bloke.
Yeah, I agree about the niggle - ever see pinching though? You might as well give them a chinese burn or a wet willy, I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back