Pineapple Hotel Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
I thought that seeing as though there seems to be a fair bit of QLD footy news making its way to this board lately we might be able to narrow down the news for a few of the competitions. We can still use the Aflq News thread for general Qld Footy news.

I had a close up look at Burleigh v Wests yesterday and was impressed with Burleigh who came back strong to beat Wests by 8 or 9 points.

Palm Beach also have a new President and a new lease on life with a heap of Broadbeach players making the move which should see them improve in 2007. Surfers have the brand new facilities and apparently have a few recruits to start the season with as well.

Springwood should be strong again in 2007, but does anyone have any information on some other clubs, in particular Noosa and Aspley. I hear Aspley may have a few new faces this season.

Anyway, Round 1 is just 3 weeks away, and it should be a good season.

Palm Beach smashed Springwood by 99 points and apparently Surfers beat coolie by 100, which could make it interesting next weekend when Palmy play Surfers in the final practive match before the season starts

Just interested to know exactly what players have palmy recruited and what players have come back?? also what new players have burleigh picked up?

Palm Beach smashed Springwood by 99 points and apparently Surfers beat coolie by 100, which could make it interesting next weekend when Palmy play Surfers in the final practive match before the season starts
And palmy took their foot off the pedal at halftime when they led by 12 goals

Just interested to know exactly what players have palmy recruited and what players have come back?? also what new players have burleigh picked up?

I had a close look at Burleigh on Saturday and they did not seem to have any new players on show, although one club trainer said they had two 'recruits' to unviel in the next few weeks.

On Palmy, I know that Reinhart (spelling:eek: ) is probably the best of the bunch that headed from Broadbeach, and I do know for sure that there were nine players in total that left Broadbeach, with about half of them apparently having been senior players last year.

how did all the practice games go? aspley beat noosa by 40 points in seniors and rezzies.

wow.

I have seen someone else spruiking aspley on here. Have they spent money in recruiting players or something?

How are the gorillas shaping up?

wow.

I have seen someone else spruiking aspley on here. Have they spent money in recruiting players or something?

How are the gorillas shaping up?

Aspley have been fairly solid in their recruiting. If you go to their website you will see some of the names they have picked up. Having said that they would want to have picked up plenty because they were terrible last year. I wouldn't read too much into practice match form. Noosa will be strong again this year.

The Gorillas are probably one of the few teams that we haven't heard much about in the lead up to the season. It will be interesting to see how they go with the new draw. They have been flattered a bit in recent years by playing the weaker northern teams twice and the stronger southern teams only once.

A very long season ahead for Mayne and Sandgate.

My ladder looks like this, I know it is early but I thought I may aswell have a go.
1.Western Magpies
2.Noosa
3.Palm Beach
4.Wilston Grange
5.Aspley
6.Surfers Paradise
7.Springwood
8.Burleigh
9.North Shore
10.Coolangatta
11.Mayne
12.Sandgate

Cheers

Aspley have been fairly solid in their recruiting. If you go to their website you will see some of the names they have picked up. Having said that they would want to have picked up plenty because they were terrible last year. I wouldn't read too much into practice match form. Noosa will be strong again this year.

The Gorillas are probably one of the few teams that we haven't heard much about in the lead up to the season. It will be interesting to see how they go with the new draw. They have been flattered a bit in recent years by playing the weaker northern teams twice and the stronger southern teams only once.

A very long season ahead for Mayne and Sandgate.

I live nearby Wilston grange football ground. Whilst training on my own on a run the other night near their ground, noticed they had about 60-70 at training and looked very fit.

Noosa will be very strong. I know of 3 recruits going to Noosa with senior Ovens & Murray experience. Brennan Crisp and Luke Schilg are quite handy players, along with Adam Eady.

My ladder looks like this, I know it is early but I thought I may aswell have a go.
1.Western Magpies
2.Noosa
3.Palm Beach
4.Wilston Grange
5.Aspley
6.Surfers Paradise
7.Springwood
8.Burleigh
9.North Shore
10.Coolangatta
11.Mayne
12.Sandgate

Cheers
1. Palm Beach
2. Noosa
3. Burleigh
4. Western magpies
5. Aspley
6. Surfers
7. Springwood
8. Norhshore
9. Wilston Grange
10. Coolangatta
11. Sandgate
12. Mayne

I live nearby Wilston grange football ground. Whilst training on my own on a run the other night near their ground, noticed they had about 60-70 at training and looked very fit.

Noosa will be very strong. I know of 3 recruits going to Noosa with senior Ovens & Murray experience. Brennan Crisp and Luke Schilg are quite handy players, along with Adam Eady.

cant train with the rest of your team up north? on the outa at the new club already?
lock up your girlfriends boys!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

teams final finish

1. PALM BEACH
2. NOOSA
3. MAGPIES
4. MAROOCHY
5. WILSTON GRANGE
6. SPRINGWOOD
7. SURFERS PARADISE
8. ASPLEY
9. BURLEIGH
10. COOLANGATTA
11. SANGATE
12. MAYNE

TIME WILL TELL

Who will win this weeks round of matches? My tips are:

Aspley v Sandgate
Western Magpies v Springwood
Wilston Grange v Noosa
Surfers Paradise v Burleigh
Palm Beach v Coolangatta
Mayne v Nth Shore

Would someone please tell me what league Caloundra are in please !? and if there is a link to see weekly results and match details for them and the comp, as a mate of mine is playing up there this season and would be interesting to keep tabs on him...

Would someone please tell me what league Caloundra are in please !? and if there is a link to see weekly results and match details for them and the comp, as a mate of mine is playing up there this season and would be interesting to keep tabs on him...

They play in the State Association Div 1, just go to http://www.qfl.aflq.com.au/ and then results and then select your league.

There use to be a site with more comprehensive coverage, the old AFL Sth Queensland site, but it seems to have merged with the main site.

Who will win this weeks round of matches? My tips are:

Aspley v Sandgate
Western Magpies v Springwood
Wilston Grange v Noosa
Surfers Paradise v Burleigh
Palm Beach v Coolangatta
Mayne v Nth Shore

Agree with all of them bar Surfers. I think Burleigh might get over the top of them.

Seems like the comp might be a bit stronger this year with the influx of Div 1 and interstate players. Still think the Magpies are the team to beat. I think the finishing order might be:

Magpies
Noosa
Palmy
Springwood
Surfers
Grange
Aspley
Burleigh
Maroochy
Cooly
Mayne
Sandgate

Agree with all of them bar Surfers. I think Burleigh might get over the top of them.

Seems like the comp might be a bit stronger this year with the influx of Div 1 and interstate players. Still think the Magpies are the team to beat.

I agree Augie. Saw one of their games in the pre-season they will take some beating. they seem almost too good for div 2

I agree Augie. Saw one of their games in the pre-season they will take some beating. they seem almost too good for div 2

Plenty of motivation for them this year as well after the tragic death of Brett Gwyther.

They are a club that were never happy about being dropped from Div 1 and seem to have taken steps to put themselves up front if changes are made in the future.

Plenty of motivation for them this year as well after the tragic death of Brett Gwyther.

They are a club that were never happy about being dropped from Div 1 and seem to have taken steps to put themselves up front if changes are made in the future.
when were they relegated to Div 2?

when were they relegated to Div 2?

I think the changes happened at the start of 2005. AFLQ used to be one division top level comp with 10 teams, and AFLSQ had I think 3 or 4 divisions. Everything then came under the AFLQ banner. Mayne and the Magpies came down from the old State League to Div 2. The rest of Div 2 was made up of former AFLSQ Div 1 sides, except for Yeronga who dropped back a grade, and Surfers who came from AFLSQ Div 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back