Autopsy Piss off, Juan - Fremantle def Brisbane by 83 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, not going to happen. Bicco's right, he's got flaws in his game that over 8 years we haven't been able to fix. Hawthorn are good but they're not that good!
Disagree, he should have been AA in one of 2024 or 2015, his flaws could be covered by one of hawks elite kickibg defenders running by for a Handpass. Ibbo could easily become an all Australian player

Disagree, he should have been AA in one of 2024 or 2015, his flaws could be covered by one of hawks elite kickibg defenders running by for a Handpass. Ibbo could easily become an all Australian player
I agree that his flaws can be covered up with elite kicks getting the handpass, don't know if that's enough for AA though.

Yeah I actually agree. Not AA but a genuine best 22 in a top-4 side, sure.

I still look to trade him 10/10 times though. He's 28 going on 29, and we need a bit of a refresh. We get more utility out of both whatever pick we can wrangle from someone for him, and at the same time we free up a spot in the back line to get more games into a Hughes or a Tucker or a Nyhuis who can give us a solid 8-10 years of footy going forward.

The messaging out of the Club in several interviews this week is that the improvement is attributable to a focus on better ball movement. Watched the replay and the improved skills are obviously stark compared to the earlier horror run of games. Does 'better ball movement' refer to better method which is in turn driving better skills or vice versa? They certainly were less hesitant last weekend, playing on instinct allowing for rapid ball movement and quick entries into an open forward line. Maybe we've got the miles in our legs now too after the shortfall from the preseason. Or it could largely be the opposition has been shite.....

Perfect game this weekend to gauge the level and extent of improvement and whether the new breed can back it up against a tougher opposition. Really looking forward to it.

The messaging out of the Club in several interviews this week is that the improvement is attributable to a focus on better ball movement. Watched the replay and the improved skills are obviously stark compared to the earlier horror run of games. Does 'better ball movement' refer to better method which is in turn driving better skills or vice versa? They certainly were less hesitant last weekend, playing on instinct allowing for rapid ball movement and quick entries into an open forward line. Maybe we've got the miles in our legs now too after the shortfall from the preseason. Or it could largely be the opposition has been shite.....

Perfect game this weekend to gauge the level and extent of improvement and whether the new breed can back it up against a tougher opposition. Really looking forward to it.
Completely agree. Momentum is a big thing in footy, and finally we are getting some. Momentum brings confidence. Port will show us where we are at. On paper they are a superior side.

Might be in the thread already
But can anyone explain to me HOW Danyle Pearce got 5 (best on) in the Coaches award
Either Ross needs new glasses- is he maybe playing a secret role that is unrecognizable
Or Lepper has lost his Sh*t
any way it completely confuses me
i thought he was in our worst 3 easily, i dont know why he is getting a game ahead of Ed Landgon
And i dont know how he got a 2 year contract.

But can anyone explain to me HOW Danyle Pearce got 5 (best on) in the Coaches award
Either Ross needs new glasses- is he maybe playing a secret role that is unrecognizable
i thought he was in our worst 3 easily, i dont know why he is getting a game ahead of Ed Landgon
This was mentioned by a caller on 6pr last night. It might have been you gathering by the exact same rant?

Anyway, lukey Mac (who is on Wednesday night and is really good IMO) said the coaches votes don’t necessarily reflect best on ground. Sometimes it’s the ROLE a player has been asked to do and how well he has achieved it …or from the opposition coach they might have tried to limit/target a player, however that targeted player still made an influence. So maybe leppa tried to limit D Pearce inside 50s (who had an equal game high of 8)…and before you say that is all D pearce can do, his average this season is only just over 4 Inside 50s this year, so he doubled it against the Lions. Yes he missed a few targets BUT his disposal was quite good against the lions. This is my best guess to WHY he got the votes.

D Pearce is the same as B Hill or I Smith from hawks. They’re not going to get the hard ball but they’ll pummel it into the 50 given half a chance. Dpearce doesn’t get injured which helps with selection week in week out.

Can D Pearce be annoying, Yes. However he has consistently provided good outside run and spread since he’s arrived. Unless he has consistent bad games like Barlow had, and only get 5 disposals in a game….he won’t be dropped. Without a run of glaringly obvious bad games (i thought he was ok against the lions, bar two efforts) he'll keep his position imo

This was mentioned by a caller on 6pr last night. It might have been you gathering by the exact same rant?

Anyway, lukey Mac (who is on Wednesday night and is really good IMO) said the coaches votes don’t necessarily reflect best on ground. Sometimes it’s the ROLE a player has been asked to do and how well he has achieved it …or from the opposition coach they might have tried to limit/target a player, however that targeted player still made an influence. So maybe leppa tried to limit D Pearce inside 50s (who had an equal game high of 8)…and before you say that is all D pearce can do, his average this season is only just over 4 Inside 50s this year, so he doubled it against the Lions. Yes he missed a few targets BUT his disposal was quite good against the lions. This is my best guess to WHY he got the votes.

D Pearce is the same as B Hill or I Smith from hawks. They’re not going to get the hard ball but they’ll pummel it into the 50 given half a chance. Dpearce doesn’t get injured which helps with selection week in week out.

Can D Pearce be annoying, Yes. However he has consistently provided good outside run and spread since he’s arrived. Unless he has consistent bad games like Barlow had, and only get 5 disposals in a game….he won’t be dropped. Without a run of glaringly obvious bad games (i thought he was ok against the lions, bar two efforts) he'll keep his position imo

Except Hill and Smith can hit targets and kick goals.

I'm going to assume Leppa has completely lost his s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that was me ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back