Teams Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steel Curtain

Remove this Banner Ad

Well i wouldn't be trading for a high pick to get a good young one in the draft yet. Maybe in 2 years

Franchise QB's need to be monitored from College Sophomore year. There is going to be a bunch who have 'ready to play potential' as opposed to 'developing with clipboard'.. Need better scouting with inside connections.

Heath-Miller-retires-graphic.jpg

Without a doubt, one of the most UNSELFISH retirement decisions in professional sports. A class act is Earl Heath Miller. Never complained..never made headlines for the wrong reasons, put the TEAM first, opitimised what the Steeler organisation is all about in his eleven seasons as the two time Super Bowl winning starting Tight End. With the team on the cusp of a likely Super Bowl run next upcoming season, he has decided to pass the touch to the upcoming 2015 drafted TE Jesse James from Penn State. Thanx for the memories Heath Miller. #83 will be missed. HEEEEEEATHHHH!!!!!

nfl_u_miller01_576.jpg

Without a doubt the best TE in Steelers history, couldn't stretch the field in the last few years like earlier in his career but you coulD depend on him to get that crucial third down catch with the defence hanging off him. Absolute legend & a gentleman, gonna miss hearing "HEEEEEEEATHHHH!" ring out on the telecast.

With just on a fortnight out of the NFL draft, the NFL schedule has been finalised meaning the Steelers will contend with the NFC East this season which was the same division which paved the way to Super Bowl glory of 2008.

Steelers open up at FedEx Field in Prime Time (MNF) where the Steelers face the Redskins for the third time in Washington in the last 28 years. Steelers have won the last six meetings.

Steelers%202016%20Schedule_zpsfcouljbt.jpg

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With just on a fortnight out of the NFL draft, the NFL schedule has been finalised meaning the Steelers will contend with the NFC East this season which was the same division which paved the way to Super Bowl glory of 2008.

Steelers open up at FedEx Field in Prime Time (MNF) where the Steelers face the Redskins for the third time in Washington in the last 28 years. Steelers have won the last six meetings.

Steelers%202016%20Schedule_zpsfcouljbt.jpg
Reckon this might be the Steelers year if they can stay healthy... always a big if for any team

Reckon this might be the Steelers year if they can stay healthy... always a big if for any team

Every season brings hope. Steelers have been extremely competitive in all the seasons I've followed them with just four losing seasons (since 1989).

I agree that every team needs luck including staying healthy when it's crunch time.. but y'know as well as the next NFL hard core fan… efficiency is the key.

Jul 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NFL-Steelers (Twitter : Statsman74)
Looking for some advice - will be in the USA in Sep/Oct, and the Oct 9 home game against the Jets is the one that I am targeting to attend with my family.

What is the best strategy to obtain decent tickets at decent prices? Look sooner or closer to the date? Through the Steelers directly, or Stubhub? etc

(sorry for the noob questions, but I am a noob at trying to get tickets to games)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading into the last game of the regular season where several starters will be rested (no issue with that), it's worth recapping on the Steelers season with grades so far..

Steelers%202016%20season_zpszgnnvvjf.jpg

EDIT: FTR, I give the get outta jail OT win over the Browns a 'C+'

Last edited:
Something for Terry Bradshaw to feel silly about …. after his 'Cheerleader coach' comments referring to Coach T..

I like our match ups for the KC game, hopefully it plays out similar to the game earlier in the season

JAMES HARRISON V ERIC FISHER : Harrison to get 1.5 Sacks at least
BUD DUPREE V MITCHELL SCHWARTZ : Mitchell Who?? Bud to have a big one
JEREMY MACLIN V ROSS COCKRELL : Cockrell will give up the occasional big play so hopefully he can keep Maclin to 0 or 1 score only
CHRIS CONLEY V ARTIE BURNS : Artie should blanket him
TRAVIS KELCE V RYAN SHAZIER/LAWRENCE TIMMONS : Kelce will likely win this match up with his ability. Hopefully keep him to 0 scores!

POUNCEY V POE : Massive match up and can go either way.
ANTONIO BROWN V MARCUS PETERS : Advantage Brown no matter who the corner is
VILLANUEVA V DEE FORD : Alejandro should hold the left side pretty good against Dee. Watch Bell run to this side a lot
MARCUS GILBERT V JUSTIN HOUSTON : Houston will cause some Havoc, Gilbert will need some help from TE's chipping
ROETHLISBERGER V ERIC BERRY : Berry will be flying around everywhere, Watch Ben to limit him by throwing quick receiver screens setting up the long passes to Coates/Heyward-Bey

This will be a great game. Steelers should hopefully win this 23-14

The overlooked match up is the Special teams. That fifth round rookie Tyreek Hill is a speed demon and can make plays that can sting the Steelers. We'll need to contain him. Hopefully the big stage makes him a tad nervous and it forces a fumble with Berry's poisonous drop punts.

Kelce is the their key playmaker and unless Smitty is under siege, he can execute to other options if Kelce is well covered.

Fellow Steelers fan, statsman74 will want some compensation from his Smitty combustion in Hot Streak in the regular season.

BarnburnerBuccsWk11_zps2yzfhwnd.jpg

Also, I found the amusing response from Deebo (Harrison) when asked about the previous match up against KC during the season, obviously being totally dismissive and ceasing it from the memory bank asking 'did we play them?' which underlines a healthy mantra that complacency isn't going to be an issue.

The Steeler D forcing turnovers in recent weeks is one of the many reasons why the winning streak continues: Currently at 8. Also worth noting that the ongoing streak of 11 games with a turnover has turned around the Steelers form. Needs to keep continuing. Getting those three n' outs is also acceptable.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back