Teams Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steel Curtain

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Following his five-interception performance Week 5, Ben Roethlisberger said, "Maybe I don't have it anymore."

It was reportedly just a "stream-of-consciousness moment," but it is a telling comment from a player who considered retirement this offseason. Roethlisberger also said he needs to improve "everywhere." Averaging just 6.5 yards per attempt, which would easily be a career low, and with just two touchdowns in the last three games, Roethlisberger is not a fantasy option right now.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Following his five-interception performance Week 5, Ben Roethlisberger said, "Maybe I don't have it anymore."

It was reportedly just a "stream-of-consciousness moment," but it is a telling comment from a player who considered retirement this offseason. Roethlisberger also said he needs to improve "everywhere." Averaging just 6.5 yards per attempt, which would easily be a career low, and with just two touchdowns in the last three games, Roethlisberger is not a fantasy option right now.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Should of retired 2 years ago and the piss weak division has been masking his ineptness for a while now.

Not to mention i reckon i could throw it to A Brown and throw a few check down screens to Bell to look like an NFL QB like Ben does.

Josh Dobbs firming

Should of been done earlier but it will never happen till Ben steps down himself.

Tomlin benches him when healthy i will run around Fed Square naked!

#noballs #straightbattomlin

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Should of been done earlier but it will never happen till Ben steps down himself.

Tomlin benches him when healthy i will run around Fed Square naked!

#noballs #straightbattomlin
They've got the undefeated Chiefs next week, so Roethlisberger will continue to struggle. Let's say he throws another 3 or 4 picks. I think the Steelers are so focused on winning they'll bench him.

A big thanks to Big Ben and his double chin. Retire ya bum!

I seriously believe Big Ben may have pitched his own ‘protest’ and thrown the game. Think about this for a second. Playing a team ranked dead last in stopping the run. Yet Ben throws the ball 55 times???

I personally believe #26 is the CANCER in this team. The cry baby b*tch wanted his contract because of his dual WR/RB role but the Steelers said ‘no dice’... franchise tag only. #26 pulls out of pre-season knowing this isn't gonna work to his desired intention because of his ‘injury prone’ ways.
Clearly doesn’t want to get involved in the passing game and has been shunned from the running game for ‘spite’ due to his patience behind the line allowing the opposition crowd the box. Is Haley at fault also? Maybe. The fact that Big Ben is fed up with such BS, (Chicago pre-game debacle) you can fully understand what’s going on.

So why did I put Steelers 14CR? I think last week’s win gave me the impression things were all good again and the Jags running D will be feeling the onslaught.. nup.. we’re stuffed if the forementioned allegations are on the money.

But in saying that, next week is HUGE for Tomlin. He will be IN THE HOT SEAT IMHO if the Steelers get smashed. This upcoming challenge is going to define the Steelers season. I highly suggest taking the Chiefs HIGH CR or if you’re like me, taking the Steelers 1CR because the way the season is turning on a knife's edge with crazy results and the fact that KC may already be drinking their own bathwater like many teams tend to do after big wins.

I believe in what one of our honoured ND Division honourees has to say here which adds to my point:

Last edited:
Should of retired 2 years ago and the piss weak division has been masking his ineptness for a while now.

Not to mention i reckon i could throw it to A Brown and throw a few check down screens to Bell to look like an NFL QB like Ben does.

That's bit rich.. You couldn't hit the side of a barn. But the checkdown's I'll give ya.. Wouldn't shock me if the Steelers trade #26 before deadline (notice that when I start calling players by numbers... my respect has waned). Won't last another 4 years in the league. Head is so far up his backside for starters.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Apparently was annoyed at the front office for not being clear on his role for this season, wanted to stay as he wanted to be a steeler for the rest of his career. Didn’t like the way he was treated in the end and wanted to leave.
Yeah, just what NE need more IP on their opponents.

Hey Woodson, what do you think of #26 now? :D

Keeping outta the headlines is good news. I’ll put it this way, you buy me a Bell jersey, I won’t wear it, I’ll re-gift it. Ask the same Q after 2020.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Contract-year RB Le'Veon Bell says he will consider sitting out the 2018 season or retiring if franchise tagged for the second-consecutive year.

"I hope it doesn't come to that, but I would definitely consider it," Bell said Thursday. Asked what he wants the Steelers to do this offseason, Bell said he wants to be properly valued. "Just get the numbers straight, exactly where we want them," Bell said. "I know what I do and what I bring to the table. I'm not going out here getting the ball 400 times if I'm not getting what I feel I'm valued at." It's a more than fair point. Bell made $12.1 million under the tag in 2017. That number would be roughly $14.5 million for 2018, Bell's age-26 campaign. More interesting quotes can be found at the link below.

Source: ESPN.com

Contract-year RB Le'Veon Bell says he will consider sitting out the 2018 season or retiring if franchise tagged for the second-consecutive year.

"I hope it doesn't come to that, but I would definitely consider it," Bell said Thursday. Asked what he wants the Steelers to do this offseason, Bell said he wants to be properly valued. "Just get the numbers straight, exactly where we want them," Bell said. "I know what I do and what I bring to the table. I'm not going out here getting the ball 400 times if I'm not getting what I feel I'm valued at." It's a more than fair point. Bell made $12.1 million under the tag in 2017. That number would be roughly $14.5 million for 2018, Bell's age-26 campaign. More interesting quotes can be found at the link below.

Source: ESPN.com

See ya Bell. :hand:

Really? I'd pay him for all his hard work and big effort since being drafted. Almost unstoppable. Pay him, extend him, till he retires a Steelers great.

Not sure he is good for the locker room as it is not the Steelers way to negotiate in public and his antics last summer when he applied for a job at Wendy's to make up the shortfalll in salary the Steelers were offerring wouldnt have gone down to well not too mention his tweets etc about the situation.

Top player but too much me about him.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure he is good for the locker room as it is not the Steelers way to negotiate in public and his antics last summer when he applied for a job at Wendy's to make up the shortfalll in salary the Steelers were offerring wouldnt have gone down to well not too mention his tweets etc about the situation.

Top player but too much me about him.
Fair points. Tho I do think he's right that RB salaries have taken a dive.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back