GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
In every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George
The Athletic's Ed Bouchette said Ben Roethlisberger's surgically repaired right elbow should be stronger this year than it was in 2020.
Bouchette reports the Steelers in 2020 "devised a short passing game with a quick release from Roethlisberger" after the quarterback underwent surgery to reattach three flexor tendons that had torn off the bone. This naturally led to career lows in Roethlisberger's yards per attempt and yards per completion. Roethlisberger and the team expect him to have a stronger, more fully recovered throwing arm headed into the 2021 season. Bouchette said Roethlisberger is throwing far less this offseason than he was in the months leading up to Steelers training camp in 2020. “Last year, I threw thousands of balls in the offseason because we were rehabbing,’’ Roethlisberger said last week. “This year, it has gone back to the normal routine of throwing here, doing a little bit at home with the trainer. But mostly taking time off. I took a lot of time off from throwing so I hope and think and really believe it will pay dividends this year.” Roethlisberger was fantasy's QB12 before the team rested him during their season finale against Cleveland. His pass catchers -- especially deep threat Chase Claypool -- could be underdrafted if the 39 year old's reconstructed elbow has indeed gotten stronger.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 7, 2021, 11:13 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad