Teams Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steel Curtain

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers
yep, it was a good solid workmanlike win, it appeared so, but we really dominated on D and O, the score flattering to the Giants

we'll make short order of the toothless broncos.
Score was very flattering for Giants. Turnover on a punt return which Giants recovered at the 3(We done extremely well to keep that to a FG) and a very questionable PI call, which if not called would have been 4th down, Instead the very next play is a TD to Slayton. 10 points right there they shouldn’t have gotten but hey I’m just happy we walk away with a W

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Score was very flattering for Giants. Turnover on a punt return which Giants recovered at the 3(We done extremely well to keep that to a FG) and a very questionable PI call, which if not called would have been 4th down, Instead the very next play is a TD to Slayton. 10 points right there they shouldn’t have gotten but hey I’m just happy we walk away with a W
and we're only going to improve and iron out any kinks as we move forward. long as ben stays healthy we (as fans) can sit back and enjoy the season... no doubt the players / coach will be working hard and not complacent but its looking good for us right now. giants are a s**t D but their O is pretty decent and we smashed it

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
and we're only going to improve and iron out any kinks as we move forward. long as ben stays healthy we (as fans) can sit back and enjoy the season... no doubt the players / coach will be working hard and not complacent but its looking good for us right now. giants are a sh*t D but their O is pretty decent and we smashed it
100%. They will beat a few sides this year because of that O alone. Jones, Saquon, Slayton, Shepperd, Engram etc are no slouches. Losing Banner, Wisniewski(Both for the season) & Conner(Short term-If at all) on top of DeCastro on the mend is not a great start to the season on the injury front however

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
100%. They will beat a few sides this year because of that O alone. Jones, Saquon, Slayton, Shepperd, Engram etc are no slouches. Losing Banner, Wisniewski(Both for the season) & Conner(Short term-If at all) on top of DeCastro on the mend is not a great start to the season on the injury front however
the injuries are concerning indeed, just have to wait and see who we pick up

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
well that was a hairy win
Closer than it needed to be. Defence played well, especially early. 7 sacks, 2 Int & a safety is as much as you can ask for from your D. A few silly penalties at critical downs hurt, especially the PI calls. Big Ben throwing that Int was classic Big Ben and should’ve just thrown it away instead of forcing it. Overall though enough to like from the game. Claypool took that great catch & run in for his first TD and has started his career as a Steeler nicely. I think we escaped without any injuries? Which is huge(Especially considering how the rest of the league went this week!). Houston next will be our toughest challenge yet

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Closer than it needed to be. Defence played well, especially early. 7 sacks, 2 Int & a safety is as much as you can ask for from your D. A few silly penalties at critical downs hurt, especially the PI calls. Big Ben throwing that Int was classic Big Ben and should’ve just thrown it away instead of forcing it. Overall though enough to like from the game. Claypool took that great catch & run in for his first TD and has started his career as a Steeler nicely. I think we escaped without any injuries? Which is huge(Especially considering how the rest of the league went this week!). Houston next will be our toughest challenge yet
Yeah no new injuries (thankfully), we already copped a beating with those. Tho, every team in the NFL is dealing with multiple severe injuries to key starters and stars. Can't be avoided. We do so much on D...key stats (INTs, sacks, pressures, hurries, FFs, etc) but we still give up passing yards and passing TDs more than to my liking. I guess it's because we blitz so heavily that you're bound to be exposed time to time. Still, it's a little worriesome to me. The Offense is no frills, but I think we need to continue adjusting and tweaking it because it's not "high-octane" enough, we need to be able to show we have that capacity too. But I understand, slowly slowly.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah no new injuries (thankfully), we already copped a beating with those. Tho, every team in the NFL is dealing with multiple severe injuries to key starters and stars. Can't be avoided. We do so much on D...key stats (INTs, sacks, pressures, hurries, FFs, etc) but we still give up passing yards and passing TDs more than to my liking. I guess it's because we blitz so heavily that you're bound to be exposed time to time. Still, it's a little worriesome to me. The Offense is no frills, but I think we need to continue adjusting and tweaking it because it's not "high-octane" enough, we need to be able to show we have that capacity too. But I understand, slowly slowly.
Forgot about Dupree’s strip sack which was recorded by our D too. Yes I agree 100% with you. At times we give up too many air yards and easy TD’s(Especially at critical moments). As much of a fan as I am with Bush, he is average in pass coverage situations and has been exposed on numerous occasions in his young Steeler career. Fant was able to walk in a very easy TD yesterday matched up with Devin. I’ll give credit yesterday where it’s due, I thought once Lock went out of the game we would walk all over Denver but to Driskel’s credit he made some good plays at times and kept them in the game. It wasn’t all smooth sailing against the Broncos, but we couldn’t have started better than 2-0. As I touched on above, next we have Houston. Watson, Fuller, Cooks, Cobb, Johnson & Fells etc won’t be the easiest offence to defend. There defence is their weakness and we need to expose that.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
timely return cos jj watt is still a beast
Spot on the money. This is a massive game for us, very much a danger game. Win and we start 3-0 which I don’t think we have done for quite some time? We need to be better on both sides of the ball to get out of this one with a W. Texans have played arguably the two best teams in the AFC back to back, so they’ll be ready. We have played the Giants & Broncos. I feel we’ve been in pre season mode to start the season(Which is fair enough considering the circumstances), but the same mistakes with penalties on D and our offence stalling won’t be good enough against the Texans. I think we get the job done if near our best, but we can’t play the Texans in to form

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Spot on the money. This is a massive game for us, very much a danger game. Win and we start 3-0 which I don’t think we have done for quite some time? We need to be better on both sides of the ball to get out of this one with a W. Texans have played arguably the two best teams in the AFC back to back, so they’ll be ready. We have played the Giants & Broncos. I feel we’ve been in pre season mode to start the season(Which is fair enough considering the circumstances), but the same mistakes with penalties on D and our offence stalling won’t be good enough against the Texans. I think we get the job done if near our best, but we can’t play the Texans in to form
last time we went to the super bowl we started 3-0 ;) so good omen if

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
youre no longer a Chiefs fan?
You really should be keeping up to speed with my whimsical weekly team changes.
I like the Chiefs, and wish them well, (love Mahomes). And I would classify them as my #3 team.
But I had to firmly decide on a team (or two) and so I decided that on a permanent basis, the Steelers are now my #1 team (Dolphins #2), and so yeah Chiefs #3....and like the Jaguars and Bengals and Buccaneers enough to consider them my #4, #5, and #6 teams.
But not supporting them, just like them.
I'm all in on being an avid Steelers fan who has a place in his heart for the Dolphins always.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
You really should be keeping up to speed with my whimsical weekly team changes.
I like the Chiefs, and wish them well, (love Mahomes). And I would classify them as my #3 team.
But I had to firmly decide on a team (or two) and so I decided that on a permanent basis, the Steelers are now my #1 team (Dolphins #2), and so yeah Chiefs #3....and like the Jaguars and Bengals and Buccaneers enough to consider them my #4, #5, and #6 teams.
But not supporting them, just like them.
I'm all in on being an avid Steelers fan who has a place in his heart for the Dolphins always.
Why dont you just make the Dolphins your number 1

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why dont you just make the Dolphins your number 1
I followed the Dolphins because of Dan Marino, and didn't much like them after he retired. Even tho I remember watching and liking the Dolphins early 70's super bowls as a kid.

Dan is born-bred Pittsburgh, played college there, and really should've been drafted by the Steelers. I was a Marino fan in the college days and hoped the Steelers drafted him. I'd have been a Steelers fan if that happened in 1984. Ive always admired the Steelers, and no one here can lay claim to having seen every Pittsburgh super bowl like I have. I even wanted them to win every encounter (AFC). I loved the likes of Jack Lambert and Jack Ham especially. Two of my all-time favorite players.

Lastly, Pittsburgh is a smashing good town. Awesome people, places, architecture, culture, etc. One of the most livable cities in all the world.

If I was a young boy today, seeing Mahomes and the Chiefs....I'd be in love with Mahomes like I was Marino, but not being a firm fan of the Chiefs. Only like the Chiefs because of Mahomes really.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
3-0. Second half much better than the first, especially on D. Titans in Tennessee won’t be no easy game. We need to continue to stop the run and slow down Henry, and make life uncomfortable for Tannehill
that was a trap game for us and we almost fell in the trap, played from behind most of the game, never panicked, but a scratchy win really. weve been a bit lackluster the last two games, or like playing in third gear. the titans are too good for us if we dont play with more intensity and focus the whole game. i wouldnt be surprised if we drop that game, to re-light a torch under us.

Mar 28, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
that was a trap game for us and we almost fell in the trap, played from behind most of the game, never panicked, but a scratchy win really. weve been a bit lackluster the last two games, or like playing in third gear. the titans are too good for us if we dont play with more intensity and focus the whole game. i wouldnt be surprised if we drop that game, to re-light a torch under us.
True. But Titans not in their best form either mind you. They could very well be 0-3 if not for the leg of Gostowski(Who thought I’d be saying that after his start v Denver!). If we continue to stop/limit the run game from opposing teams we will be half way there. Like you, I wouldn’t be surprised if we do drop this game, but it’s definitely not a game I’d expect us to lose

Back