Places to watch the footy in Canberra?

Mar 29, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
hi all!

I have moved to Canberra for work and just discovered tomorrow's game isn't on telly!

Any ideas for decent spots to watch the game in Canberra? I live in Kingston.

Cheers

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eastlake football club will have it on. It's just up the road from Manuka oval.

You might be able to try your luck at Walt and Burley which is a pub on the Kingston Foresure. A lot of places if they have a tv with Fox Footy you might just have to ask them to change the channel.

Hope you find somewhere :)

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its like that old joke
A guy is driving along the back roads in Ireland
He sees a guy walking on the road and pulls up next to him and asks "whats the best way to get to Dublin?"
The guy on the road says "well if you are going to Dublin, I wouldn't be starting from here"

If you want to watch footy, I wouldn't be doing it in Canberra

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
hi all!

I have moved to Canberra for work and just discovered tomorrow's game isn't on telly!

Cheers

I know you can always see it at Ainslie football and social club

http://www.outincanberra.com.au/ainsliefootballandsocialclub

But check out The Kingo nearby.

http://kingstonhotel.com.au

They are pretty good, and while you are competing against all the other sports, its generally on too and you can probably stagger home after drownign your sorrows from a loss.

hi all!

Cheers
you need to make friends with Pie eyed :)

you need to make friends with Pie eyed :)
hi all!

Cheers
As mentioned Eastlake Footy Club, but you would also have many of the local bars, Kingston or Manuka showing the footy.
Really though everywhere in Canberra is within 30 minutes drive of where you are.
Just look up "Club Canberra" on google and you'll be inundated with options...nearly all show every code being played at any one time on multiple TV's.

hi all!

Cheers
Commiserations is all I can say.

thebgl

Draftee
Jul 11, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
UPDATE: Here is a list of venues that show all AFL games on the big screens (9 times out of 10 with sound) in Canberra with Sound.

1. Eastlake Football Club in Kingston. ALL GAMES LIVE ON BIG SCREENS WITH SOUND IN HD.

2. Ainslie Football Club, 52 Wakefield Ave, Ainslie. MOST GAMES ON BOTH BIG SCREENS WITH SOUND, NOT IN HD.

3. Canberra Southern Cross Clubs @Woden (Phillip) opposite Hoyts Cinemas at Westfield Woden Plaza. AND Southern Cross Clubs in Tuggeranong Town Centre.
: MOST GAMES ON BIG SCREENS WITH SOUND, IN HD @ WODEN CLUB, Tuggeranong; TBC.

4. (Belconnen) MAGPIES Sports Club at HOLT, next McDonald's restauraunt and near Kippac Fair Shopping precinct, West Belconnen area. : MOST GAMES ON BIG SCREENS WITH SOUND.

There are other clubs and venues that play the AFL games with sound, but call them to confirm what games they are showing. Eastlake is best on Southside of Canberra, Ainslie for Northside and near Civic/City as at August 2016.

Back