Travel Places you have been 2 that you have no interest in ever going back 둘

Remove this Banner Ad

USA. Based on about three months aggregated in California and Texas. Mostly lovely people (as individuals), as a collective they are toxic and they can shove their country up their arse.

温哥华. Beautiful when I was there in 1990 but even then they were starting to have homeless, drug and immigrant problems.

Bosnia is beautiful and I loved it but there would be no reason for me to go back.

Tanzania - saw what I wanted to see there.
Peru - ditto
Playa del Carmen - if I go back to Mexico I'd stay somewhere smaller and check out another region.
Las Vegas - a few days was fun but enough
Gold Coast - most overrated part of Australia
Byron Bay - see above
Singapore - ok as a stopover, no need to go back there

Byron Bay - see above

Have you been to the non-touristy parts of the Gold Coast? You know, the areas which make it such a beautiful place?

Agree RE Byron. Overcrowded, overpriced hole nowadays. Its surrounds, along with most of Northern NSW, are absolutely wonderful areas though. World class.

Singapore is fantastic. Lived there during my childhood and loved every second. Shits over any city in Australia, and quite comfortably so. I return to visit whenever I get the chance.... and just 'ok' as a stopover? My oh my, you must be hard to please... tis the best airport in the world by a country mile.

For mine, it's hard to fault Sg, apart from its oppressive climate and barbaric, zero-tolerance stance on narcotics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanzania - saw what I wanted to see there.
Peru - ditto
Playa del Carmen - if I go back to Mexico I'd stay somewhere smaller and check out another region.
Las Vegas - a few days was fun but enough
Byron Bay - see above

Am weighing up a trip there, have trekked in the Himalayas and want to do Kilimanjaro. Either that or have a crack at K2 and probably die?

Am weighing up a trip there, have trekked in the Himalayas and want to do Kilimanjaro. Either that or have a crack at K2 and probably die?
I loved my time there, just have no real need to go back.

I spent a few days in Nairobi, then caught a chicken bus down to Moshi. Climbed Kili (Rongai route, far less busy),had a day trip to a local Chagga village and surrounds (yes you can get 33 people in an Econovan), 5 days safari, then bussed it across the north to hike in the Usambaras, checked out Tanga, and spent a bit of time north and south in Zanzibar.

Singapore is fantastic. Lived there during my childhood and loved every second. Shits over any city in Australia, and quite comfortably so. I return to visit whenever I get the chance.... and just 'ok' as a stopover? My oh my, you must be hard to please... tis the best airport in the world by a country mile.
:thumbsu:

Spain in general is pretty poor for service, bar staff or shopkeepers would often ignore you or be slow to serve you like it was some sort of chore.

I found the Spanish in general to be rude with zero manners who when you walked past them wouldn't move an inch and bump into you.

I still loved my 2 week visit though!

Spent a week or so once around Northern NSW/Southern Queensland. Gold Coast down to Byron, Ballina and Yamba.

Why anyone would spend time in Gold Coast (Surfers in particular) and Byron has got me beat. The rest of the region is great. Nice beaches, nice little towns, great place to visit.

Best portrayal I've seen of Byron is in The Inbetweeners 2.

Will: Playing the guitar badly, wearing beads, talking about 'one love' and pretending you are friends with Central American villagers - who, by the way, despise you - before heading back to your parents five-bedroomed house in Surrey, doesn't make you a spiritual person, it makes you a bell-end.

Ben: I think you're right about his song, Katie

Will: Oh, f*** off, Ben! You don't believe in 'song lines' any more than I do. It's just a way for you to seem interesting to girls because deep down you know you're boring and pretentious like your stupid f***ing dreadlocks. Which, by the way, always look embarrassing on white people. They're not countercultural, they actually scream 'Oh, I've got a trust fund!' so get a normal haircut, you unbearable prick.

Have you been to the non-touristy parts of the Gold Coast? You know, the areas which make it such a beautiful place?

Agree RE Byron. Overcrowded, overpriced hole nowadays. Its surrounds, along with most of Northern NSW, are absolutely wonderful areas though. World class.

For mine, it's hard to fault Sg, apart from its oppressive climate and barbaric, zero-tolerance stance on narcotics.
Spent quite a bit of time in the GC, ex's family all lives there. Hinterland (which I prefer) as much as beachside.

Singapore just isn't my thing, when I travel I like to be active and tend not just to city-hop. Loved Lau pa sat (spelling) but much preferred Malaysia, especially Borneo.

Fantastic place. Food is tremendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back