Plan B for China game - moving it to Cairns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats easy.. Monday night footy at Marvel. Both teams have the bye the week after so there should be no issue. They need to make the call now.
The game better not be played at Adelaide Oval. Its the saints home game.. why should Port benefit.

Thats easy.. Monday night footy at Marvel. Both teams have the bye the week after so there should be no issue. They need to make the call now.
The game better not be played at Adelaide Oval. Its the saints home game.. why should Port benefit.
Well, St Kilda sold (were forced to sell?) their home game to Port's venue of choice. Port's venue of choice would change. That could be the argument for it being in Adelaide.

That said, Docklands or MCG are surely the only places it could realistically be played if it was to be moved.

Well, St Kilda sold (were forced to sell?) their home game to Port's venue of choice. Port's venue of choice would change. That could be the argument for it being in Adelaide.

That said, Docklands or MCG are surely the only places it could realistically be played if it was to be moved.
It's St Kildas home game, that was the deal. If it isn't going to be played in China, it will almost certainly be at Marvel.

At a recently minted citizen of Rat City, I'd kill to have the Saints play at Mars, but it's a bit of a pipe dream and the Doggies would cry bloody murder.

Chinese Grad Prix expected to be postponed.
When will the AFL start to consider the players welfare?
When they lose their obsession with money and media rights - should happen just after a pig flies and well before a pollie tells the truth.

The decision should already be made.and the game abandoned, vaccine months away and the risk will still exist by then especially since you will want to wait until well after China 'claims' it is safe.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes. Split between Nanjing/Shanghai. Most of the people I dealt with were extremely attentive to their hygiene and presentation.

I'm sure they are. But the ground zero for this outbreak is a wildlife market, where hygiene is lax to say the least. The majority of Chinese are against the practice but when you have a population of 1 billion, even a small percentage translates into a large number. There is a big push in China itself to outlaw wildlife markets and hopefully this also translates into better regulation of the traditional Chinese medicine industry as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure they are. But the ground zero for this outbreak is a wildlife market, where hygiene is lax to say the least. The majority of Chinese are against the practice but when you have a population of 1 billion, even a small percentage translates into a large number. There is a big push in China itself to outlaw wildlife markets and hopefully this also translates into better regulation of the traditional Chinese medicine industry as well.

I have no issue with what you've said there.

I only take issue with people making broad generalisations about Chinese people - because as you say, it doesn't reflect the majority of Chinese people. I think you'd find a similar percentage of people in Australia with poor hygiene.

What you've said about the circumstances that led to the corona virus outbreak in China s perfectly valid. All the Chinese people I know (and it's a lot since half my family is Chinese) are disgusted by the "exotic" meats industry - even moreso now that the virus has brought the country to a crawl.

Play it in LA.

Gets the AFL and players a junkett... ill get to watch a game of footy and feel a little at home.

Easy

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back