Plan B for China game - moving it to Cairns?

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to cancel. There are no players or coaches of East Asian ethnicity.

Science shows people of East Asian ethnicity have x5 ACE2 recepter expression. That means the virus is more potent and can kill them. All other ethnicity don't have near as many receptors. For every 50 units there can only be 10 for everyone else. That's why the deaths are so concentrated in Hubei compared to West China and everywhere else. Also far more contagious with far more receptors. It's how the virus attaches to the cell and infects it.

gewgeeg.jpg

Last edited:
The game is 3 or 4 months away? The disease could have a cure by then
Or it could peter out, although aren't the predictions for it to peak in April or May?
The AFL presumably do have a contingency that they won't announce until they know if it is required. Its not like there are going to be tens of thousdands of tickets already sold and mass refunds to be considered - like with a Grand Prix or major soccer games.
Letting the sponsors, broadcasters, and ground management, know are probably the AFL's primary consideration. The event is relatively small scale, they can probably make the call 4-6 weeks out. Letting the clubs know would probably be second to the sponsors, because, AFL be AFL.

Thats easy.. Monday night footy at Marvel. Both teams have the bye the week after so there should be no issue. They need to make the call now.
The game better not be played at Adelaide Oval. Its the saints home game.. why should Port benefit.

“B-But it-it’s our 150th anniversary...”

When will the AFL just accept the China game was a fail ? There is surely other markets where it would fair better. But in saying that it's hard to see it being big any where outside Australia when the Kiwi's cant even get into it.

When will the AFL just accept the China game was a fail ? There is surely other markets where it would fair better. But in saying that it's hard to see it being big any where outside Australia when the Kiwi's cant even get into it.
That's 100% correct, but certain posters struggle withe truth and wont like your comments.
For us who live overseas we can see how minuscule the game is outside of Australia.
For farang bars here in Thailand its soccer then daylight daylight daylight daylight, Rugby League daylight Rugby union daylight daylight daylight then AF. For Thai bars in in Thailand its 100% soccer when it comes to sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are their measures of success though?

Bit hard for us to determine it's a fail without knowing what the actual aims are.

Not at all. We just got our new joint major sponsor in MG because of the china ties.
and we havent lost a game there yet.
we are starting to see some decent $$$ return on it.
so why is it a failure?

This game in China was called off weeks ago. They just haven't been able to announce it as they need to manage the contract and relations with China.
I think that's tosh if that's what the AFL are saying.
When the Formula 1 Grand Prix was postponed they was overt about it.
Why is the AFL being Opaque?

I think that's tosh if that's what the AFL are saying.
When the Formula 1 Grand Prix was postponed they was overt about it.
Why is the AFL being Opaque?

I think it's more Port just managing the announcement and relations rather than anything to sinister.

It has been well known amongst players and officials at Port for a few weeks that this won't be going ahead

IF they are dinkum they'll give it a decent go - not a fan myself.

I think it's more Port just managing the announcement and relations rather than anything to sinister.

It has been well known amongst players and officials at Port for a few weeks that this won't be going ahead
I hope not.

That would seem a little heartless. People would not book the trip if the game wasn't going ahead.

I just wish they would be more open and honest with their fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back