Multiplat Planet Coaster Console Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
For those playing on PS4/X1 - be aware that there is a highly restrictive build limit that was hidden by Frontier until release.

When I say restrictive, I really mean it. If you’re like me and get very detail oriented; prepare to be disappointed.

Until build limit is fixed I would reconsider purchasing, as it’s pretty much the main point of the game. It would be like porting Age of Empires with an army limit of 20.

Below is a full 100% on a base PS4.

42768746-8D71-4F95-9105-3C7A631811A8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Banned
So is this a no on this game?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Depends on what one wants from the game. If one is more for the management/sim side - then green lights because it runs stellar and is still a great game.

If however, you’re like myself who loves the PC version for the limitless building and just how creative you can get - I’d wait and see if they have plans for removing/improving that limit.

It’s far too small a limit to just ignore - it’s a legitimately big deal.

Played when it first came out on PC, thought it was great. I'm not creative enough to get the most out of it but still a fun time.

Occasionally log in and have a dabble or play other peoples maps.

Not sure what it costs these days but worth a dabble.

• Banned
After some testing in Sandbox mode, I'm pretty happy to say that Terraforming and Scenery do not add much to the build limit. Trying my hand with a little one coaster park - not completely detailed yet, but it's a decent start. Still have a bit to go detail-wise, stoked I still have 80% left to play with.

After a couple days hands-on my opinion on the limit has changed somewhat. It's a nuisance if you were keen on a big park; but small parks can still be extremely detailed. (now to learn how to make an actual functional coaster :oops: )

Planet Coaster Console Edition.jpg
Planet Coaster Console Edition_1.jpg Planet Coaster Console Edition_2.jpg

After some testing in Sandbox mode, I'm pretty happy to say that Terraforming and Scenery do not add much to the build limit. Trying my hand with a little one coaster park - not completely detailed yet, but it's a decent start. Still have a bit to go detail-wise, stoked I still have 80% left to play with.

After a couple days hands-on my opinion on the limit has changed somewhat. It's a nuisance if you were keen on a big park; but small parks can still be extremely detailed. (now to learn how to make an actual functional coaster :oops: )

View attachment 1009683
View attachment 1009685View attachment 1009687

Thats sick man.

Just downloaded it on gamepass

Tried to build a coaster straight away, not easy so the tutorials it is

Mate I played the game on PC for a couple years and my Coasters are still massive trash! I just can’t wrap my head around coaster mechanics! 😂

Mate I played the game on PC for a couple years and my Coasters are still massive trash! I just can’t wrap my head around coaster mechanics! 😂
I couldn't even build one.

I reckon as I get through the tuts it will be easy enough to pick up

I have been smashing this game a bit lately.

The career mode is quite fun and challenging. Building the coasters has turned out to be a fair bit more difficult than I expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those playing on PS4/X1 - be aware that there is a highly restrictive build limit that was hidden by Frontier until release.

When I say restrictive, I really mean it. If you’re like me and get very detail oriented; prepare to be disappointed.

Until build limit is fixed I would reconsider purchasing, as it’s pretty much the main point of the game. It would be like porting Age of Empires with an army limit of 20.

Below is a full 100% on a base PS4.

View attachment 1008199
Is this an issue on ps5? Have been considering purchasing but don't want to waste $60 of that's the limit of the parks

Is this an issue on ps5? Have been considering purchasing but don't want to waste $60 of that's the limit of the parks
On xbox 1 it seems pretty ******* good to me still

I think the PS5 is a bit bigger, an extra 30% I could be wrong.

I had fun even with the limits, but it did end up causing me issues and spoiled it a bit.

I think the PS5 is a bit bigger, an extra 30% I could be wrong.

I had fun even with the limits, but it did end up causing me issues and spoiled it a bit.
But it's much bigger on PC still? If So I'll just buy the PC version instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back