Planning for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, I wasn't defensive...

But you know... we're hack, give bad advice and all.

Do "The Traders" have you respect yet?
You certainly come off defensive! I get that you probably cop a lot of s**t from a lot of stupid people*, but writing the above in response to some bloke on the internet questioning whether you've been top 1k seems pretty thin-skinned.

Anyway, as a relative noob to this game, I appreciate the tips. Keep it up. :thumbsu:

* Not referring to you VS Tone.

First attempt. Very open to suggestions.
View attachment 446566
Too much midprice madness? This is only my second year of fantasy so I'm not 100% whether going for mid-pricers over premos in search of more money later is an effective strategy, let me know

Have been racking my brains trying to figure out how this guy got all those little logos onto an excel spreadsheet. I refuse to believe that he downloaded them all individually and then resized them. Is there a template floating around or something?

Have been racking my brains trying to figure out how this guy got all those little logos onto an excel spreadsheet. I refuse to believe that he downloaded them all individually and then resized them. Is there a template floating around or something?
Right-click on an image -> Copy Image, Select the cell -> Paste. Can resize it once it's pasted in Excel.

It also my be a HTML page rather than an Excel spreadsheet.

Right-click on an image -> Copy Image, Select the cell -> Paste. Can resize it once it's pasted in Excel.

It also my be a HTML page rather than an Excel spreadsheet.

Nah I know how to do that, but the thing is, I want to be able to use the logos like he has, and then make my own spreadsheet or an on field fantasy replica that has a whole bunch of extra info. I think the logos adds an extra touch and that's why I want to have them so I can use them multiple times. I was looking for a way that I wouldn't have to go on to google or even screen capture the individual logos and then insert them all individually. Was wondering if someone had made an original template, maybe for a ladder prediction or something, that I could have pinched and then adjusted to what I wanted.

It is possible that it's HTML but it looks like something I could make in excel, so I'm inclined to think that they didn't go to that much trouble. It's just the logos that are frustrating me lol, as I really didn't want to have to download all 18 logos and adjust them and go through all that rigmarole. Alas, it looks like no pain no gain. Cheers anyway for the response :)

You certainly come off defensive! I get that you probably cop a lot of s**t from a lot of stupid people*, but writing the above in response to some bloke on the internet questioning whether you've been top 1k seems pretty thin-skinned.

Anyway, as a relative noob to this game, I appreciate the tips. Keep it up. :thumbsu:

* Not referring to you VS Tone.
who you calling "some bloke" there relative noob? ;)

Nah I know how to do that, but the thing is, I want to be able to use the logos like he has, and then make my own spreadsheet or an on field fantasy replica that has a whole bunch of extra info. I think the logos adds an extra touch and that's why I want to have them so I can use them multiple times. I was looking for a way that I wouldn't have to go on to google or even screen capture the individual logos and then insert them all individually. Was wondering if someone had made an original template, maybe for a ladder prediction or something, that I could have pinched and then adjusted to what I wanted.

It is possible that it's HTML but it looks like something I could make in excel, so I'm inclined to think that they didn't go to that much trouble. It's just the logos that are frustrating me lol, as I really didn't want to have to download all 18 logos and adjust them and go through all that rigmarole. Alas, it looks like no pain no gain. Cheers anyway for the response :)
http://dtlive.com.au/afl/drawingboard/index.php

Avoid like the plague I say. You never know who Horse is gonna play, one or both of them. My choice is Lycett if all goes pear-shaped. Stands to reason that if Nic Nat isn't fit and Lycett is, then he'll be a number one ruck and at least be good for a 70-75. I've changed my structure so that Goldy is second ruck (as reports from Brad Scott himself say that Goldy has got past the issues of last year - physical and mental, and that he's ahead of Preuss at this stage). Apparently had all this drama last year with his family, so they said that was a huge detriment to his footy capability. If he fails, Ryder or Jacobs, but I'm hoping to not have to go that big as it compromises my whole structure.
Only stands to reason if you discount Vardy as a ruck option and he did play most of last season there.

Only stands to reason if you discount Vardy as a ruck option and he did play most of last season there.
Mmm I don't know about that, Vardy is only a part time ruckman. Even last season, he just shared the role with Petrie. I'm inclined to think then that if Nic Nat isn't named, that he'll just share it with Lycett while playing forward. Either way, it's still up in the air at this stage.

Hes going fine, inline for a r1 debut if NN doesnt get up.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...about-first-choice-on-ball-unit-ng-b88729426z

Naitanui completed running on his own during yesterday’s session at Domain Stadium before leaving the track early, while Nathan Vardy was also on light duties. Josh Kennedy (ankle) and Eric Mackenzie (toe) were absent, while Elliot Yeo appeared to tweak his left ankle during ALF X match simulation.

---
named for JLT 1 in FP...:thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...about-first-choice-on-ball-unit-ng-b88729426z

Naitanui completed running on his own during yesterday’s session at Domain Stadium before leaving the track early, while Nathan Vardy was also on light duties. Josh Kennedy (ankle) and Eric Mackenzie (toe) were absent, while Elliot Yeo appeared to tweak his left ankle during ALF X match simulation.

---
named for JLT 1 in FP...:thumbsu:
You cant keep the big man down...unless he is in Geelong colours.

You cant keep the big man down...unless he is in Geelong colours.
Hahaha oh God I'll pay that. It's so true. 5 years of nothing and then bang, pretty much a full season without incident. Must have just not liked Geelong.

Anyone know where the break even numbers are for the start of the 2018 season? Or is the breakeven the current price / magic number?

FYI - The app is coming along and I've got most data, except nearly NEAFL / NT.....Much work to be done this weekend.

Last edited:

What I'd suggest is highlight all of the AFL Clubs emojis here and press Ctrl-C.

:adelaide::brisbane::carlton::collingwood::essendon::freo::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:

Then create a second sheet in your excel doc, paste and resize them there (So they're hidden away from your main thing). When you create your replica field, you can just copy the icon between sheets as you need it.

You'll still have the pain of resizing, but once it's done you shouldn't have to worry again, just keep copying from the second sheet. It saves you downloading each one individually at least.

What I'd suggest is highlight all of the AFL Clubs emojis here and press Ctrl-C.

:adelaide::brisbane::carlton::collingwood::essendon::freo::geelong::goldcoast::gws::hawthorn::melbourne::north::port::richmond::stkilda::sydney::westcoast::bulldogs:

Then create a second sheet in your excel doc, paste and resize them there (So they're hidden away from your main thing). When you create your replica field, you can just copy the icon between sheets as you need it.

You'll still have the pain of resizing, but once it's done you shouldn't have to worry again, just keep copying from the second sheet. It saves you downloading each one individually at least.
Haha would you believe that's exactly what I'm doing? I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do all of them. I've only done a couple of the logos, but this does help having them all at once, and I do like these one's better as they're not just the colour schemes, but the actual emblems themselves. Thanks for the help mate, much appreciated :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back