Planning for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I definitely get that. I just can't think of anyone else who could slot into that extra spot who could actually rack up decent scores. I mean he averaged something like 110+ during his senior year. Kid can seriously play

I'd be keeping Trac and Smith. I think they both actually could end up as top 6, along with Billings, Heeney, McLean and (from what I saw last night) Charlie Curnow
Believe me, I want to keep them (already have Heeney & Billings). At the moment I have 2 spots left and it's down to Trac, Smith, Hogan. I firmly believe Hogan is in for a ripper start to the season and I can see him kicking some big bags. Looked absolutely primed in JLT and the Dees Saints JLT game was the closest game I saw to an actual AFL grade match of footy. Hogan is a POD I really don't want to move on as if it pays off gives me a leg up with how low he is priced. Dons starting fixtures aren't the easiest which is swaying me to Trac as I think Demons will be a high scoring fantasy side this year. I'm basically just talking myself into Trac at this stage :p think I'm nervous about lockout

I think the cats really rate Gregson, especially with McCarthy sidelined.

Also...

Another reason why I should get twitter. Cheers for that. Thought Sav might get a go, but Stanley as well...we've gone too tall again

Another reason why I should get twitter. Cheers for that. Thought Sav might get a go, but Stanley as well...we've gone too tall again
Cheers for the insight mate, i am really keen on the Fog was just worried about his JS.

I am locking in and logging out of the Fantasy so i can't change my mind.

Nah I definitely get that. I just can't think of anyone else who could slot into that extra spot who could actually rack up decent scores. I mean he averaged something like 110+ during his senior year. Kid can seriously play

I'd be keeping Trac and Smith. I think they both actually could end up as top 6, along with Billings, Heeney, McLean and (from what I saw last night) Charlie Curnow
Surely Franklin will be a top 6 forward. I cant bring myself to select him, but he is always around the mark and can win a game off AFL(fantasy) off him own boot.

I Dodged bullets from Vlastuin & Weitering last night.... Mills is on my radar, but i'm falling back to my pre-season thinking of McGrath at the moment.
Me too. Weitering could have broken my whole season with his pathetic score, but I opted out with 20 minutes to go as I decided against having any Carlton and Tigers players before I'd finalized my team. Apart from Simpson, pretty happy with that decision

Surely Franklin will be a top 6 forward. I cant bring myself to select him, but he is always around the mark and can win a game off AFL(fantasy) off him own boot.
I can't either, but I get your point. Thing is, he can have an absolute stinker of a game if someone locks him down. It's all well and good to get those 120's, but if you have to deal with a 20 or a 30 the next week, it's just too much for me to deal with haha

On that note, considering thought processes around Sicily and Brayshaw. Is it worth having this:

Coniglio, Angus Brayshaw, Sicily & Natanui with Banfield on the bench

OR

No Cogs, but Lloyd, Hibberd up back, Sandilands as a more secure ruck, Banfield on field and Lachie Fogarty on the bench

Other consideration has been -

Heeney in the midfield in place of Cogs, Lobb in the forward line, Lloyd/Hibberd in place of Brayshaw / Laird in place of Sicily

Or just leave it all as is.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Dodged bullets from Vlastuin & Weitering last night.... Mills is on my radar, but i'm falling back to my pre-season thinking of McGrath at the moment.

Short of cash for McGrath. Should I ditch J. Stephenson to free up cash, and if so - who to ???

On that note, considering thought processes around Sicily and Brayshaw. Is it worth having this:

OR

No Cogs, but Lloyd, Hibberd up back, Sandilands as a more secure ruck, Banfield on field and Lachie Fogarty on the bench

Heeney in the midfield in place of Cogs, Lobb in the forward line, Lloyd/Hibberd in place of Brayshaw / Laird in place of Sicily

Thoughts?
Hard to choose between the options, but I definitely wouldn't be touching Sandilands. Guaranteed to miss a few games.

OR

Thoughts?
Second option looked the goods until you said Sandi

Second option looked the goods until you said Sandi
Think if I did that, I'm gonna split the difference and put Martin in the ruck and leave Brayshaw as is, seeing as he's good value. Just did the calculations and he's 12 points under priced due to his lack of games (Should have been priced at 77.2 or 540K or so). Already saving 80K from the get go is hard to go past. If I do that, I don't have to decide between Lloyd (McVeigh factor) and Hibberd (Lever factor) and just go straight to Laird. If he has a stinker, can just go from Laird to Simpson next week

Think if I did that, I'm gonna split the difference and put Martin in the ruck and leave Brayshaw as is, seeing as he's good value. Just did the calculations and he's 12 points under priced due to his lack of games (Should have been priced at 77.2 or 540K or so). Already saving 80K from the get go is hard to go past. If I do that, I don't have to decide between Lloyd (McVeigh factor) and Hibberd (Lever factor) and just go straight to Laird. If he has a stinker, can just go from Laird to Simpson next week
Common now, a luxury trade in Fantasy? You know someone in the team will go down with an injury or dropped.

Common now, a luxury trade in Fantasy? You know someone in the team will go down with an injury or dropped.
Positivity my friend, positivity. The ruck is my most interesting position at the moment, as I reckon it's gonna make or break teams this season. For example (speaking of injury), with Kreuzer going down last night, the door is open for Lobbe. If you've started with two premo rucks though, you're not gonna downgrade from one to him, because it wouldn't be worth it, therefore I'm thinking of rolling the dice on Nic Nat or similar and then downgrading next week even further and riding that wave. Groin injuries typically take 3-6 weeks, so there's no chance Kreuzer gets back before then. Don't know if I'm gonna go with this strategy, but Kreuz did not look good last night and Lobbe is the only other viable option they have

Mad rush to close out my team and I am stumped!

I have a million combinations of A Vs B Vs C Vs D but the three I'm juggling between are:

Laird (Ave 105) and Hutchings (Ave 65) = 170.
Vs
Savage (85) and Petracca (85) = 170
Vs
Sicily (80) and Petracca (85) plus bank the ~$50k. = 165.

Who scores more? My guesses are in brackets so you can see why I'm stumped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back