Planning for AFL Fantasy 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

N.Riewoldt + Kelly/Heppell (F5)

or

Macrae + J.Steven/Bont/M.Crouch/Cripps (Probably only really looking at J.Steven and maybe M.Crouch - sort of gone off the Bont only because he missed a few games but then again he played well in his last and i know has done alot of preseason)

The way i see it:
Riewoldt (105-110) + Kelly/Heppell (102)
vs
Macrae (95-98) + Steven (105-110)

Doesnt make things any clearer. Probably better confidence in Kelly over Macrae. Although if i was playing GWS, Kelly would be my first tagged

N.Riewoldt + Kelly/Heppell (F5)

or

Macrae + J.Steven/Bont/M.Crouch/Cripps (Probably only really looking at J.Steven and maybe M.Crouch - sort of gone off the Bont only because he missed a few games but then again he played well in his last and i know has done alot of preseason)

The way i see it:
Riewoldt (105-110) + Kelly/Heppell (102)
vs
Macrae (95-98) + Steven (105-110)

Doesn't make things any clearer. Probably better confidence in Kelly over Macrae. Although if i was playing GWS, Kelly would be my first tagged

of that bunch i have J Steven & M Crouch, I've gone with Dalhaus at F1.

Forwards I think I'm going to go in light, with Heeney, Bennell & Elliot likely to play at some stage and offer the leg up.
I'm going in light in defense too as i think this is the line with the least consistent premo scorers but also has a good whack of rookies likely to get a dig at some stage.
I don't like the look of the mid rookies so I'm putting my cash into the mids.

of that bunch i have J Steven & M Crouch, I've gone with Dalhaus at F1.

Forwards I think I'm going to go in light, with Heeney, Bennell & Elliot likely to play at some stage and offer the leg up.
I'm going in light in defense too as i think this is the line with the least consistent premo scorers but also has a good whack of rookies likely to get a dig at some stage.
I don't like the look of the mid rookies so I'm putting my cash into the mids.

Yeh similar with my team.

I was never a big fan of Macrae now alot have jumped off. Riewoldts a big unique and could go bang at Etihad early, Im liking a few midpricers in the forwards. Also considering T.Phillips for that last non rookie spot in the forwards but then that throws my structure.

My team has turned midprice a little but im happy with them.

Ill have to have a look at BYES aswell and make sure they sit okay between my premiums because im very 50/50 between picking guys like Shaw, Laird, Docherty. I have my concerns for all of them. Carlton look beyond terrible and Docherty didnt score or play that well in NAB, Shaw can get tagged and that wont happen in JLT they also dont play many at his SPOTLESS PADDOCK,Laird i have injury concerns with him as a premium, had 2 or 3 injuries last year that saw him miss 5 games.

Yeh similar with my team.

I was never a big fan of Macrae now alot have jumped off. Riewoldts a big unique and could go bang at Etihad early, Im liking a few midpricers in the forwards. Also considering T.Phillips for that last non rookie spot in the forwards but then that throws my structure.

My team has turned midprice a little but im happy with them.

Ill have to have a look at BYES aswell and make sure they sit okay between my premiums because im very 50/50 between picking guys like Shaw, Laird, Docherty. I have my concerns for all of them. Carlton look beyond terrible and Docherty didnt score or play that well in NAB, Shaw can get tagged and that wont happen in JLT they also dont play many at his SPOTLESS PADDOCK,Laird i have injury concerns with him as a premium, had 2 or 3 injuries last year that saw him miss 5 games.

Roo is amazing and surely he's gonna go snap at some point but he just keeps on giving, I cant fit him into my structure but reckon he'll drop in price from his current ultra high point. Shaw will be sat on by the Crows, as will Greene. Laird I have but without any real reason other than a bit of midfield time might see an extra couple of points for his average, Docherty i'm gonna wait and see, he'll get hit with some extra attention this year. Simpson is my defensive premo, the bloke just racks them up like an unregistered dog week in week out.

Roo is amazing and surely he's gonna go snap at some point but he just keeps on giving, I cant fit him into my structure but reckon he'll drop in price from his current ultra high point. Shaw will be sat on by the Crows, as will Greene. Laird I have but without any real reason other than a bit of midfield time might see an extra couple of points for his average, Docherty i'm gonna wait and see, he'll get hit with some extra attention this year. Simpson is my defensive premo, the bloke just racks them up like an unregistered dog week in week out.

Who from the crows sits on him though?

Surely he plays on Betts or Charlie Cameron and he does what he usally does. Maybe a little closer to goal. Thats another reason vs Adelaide round 1 why i feel i can sit on him for 1 round. I think he scored a 90 against you last year but no tag, had 24 possessions 22 kicks.

Laird seems safe apart from injury

D4, I know both are risks but seeking to have one in D4 as a POD. Get trades for fun in Fantasy so it's not insurmountable to re structure if he doesn't perform. Leaning towards Jones.
If it suits your structures D4 is a perfect spot to put in that cheaper mid-pricer. I'd go Jones too, the imminent upside is there if he can get midfield minutes.

Who from the crows sits on him though?

Surely he plays on Betts or Charlie Cameron and he does what he usally does. Maybe a little closer to goal. Thats another reason vs Adelaide round 1 why i feel i can sit on him for 1 round. I think he scored a 90 against you last year but no tag, had 24 possessions 22 kicks.

Laird seems safe apart from injury

http://www.dream-stats.com/stats/player/opposition/1/round/844/
80 and 61 prior to that.

I'm not sure its anyone in particular that sits on Shaw but more a prevent him from being the cheap mark link in the chain because his leg is very accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Jones cant get effective midfield time at a team with Hanners, Jack, JPK, Parker, Heeney and Mills...

I've been stalking the Swans board - a lot of them have Jones as the most likely player to have a breakout season. Jack will be going forward, Heeney out for a while, Lloyd and Mills will probably stay at HBF. Jones should play more midfield time, although there is the risk he keeps to the wing.

Priced at 55, surely he can improve on that? At this stage I can't decide between him and Mills.

jones will keep to the wing.

Im questioning his DT game. Not sure he gets enough cheap marks in especially but also not many tackles sometimes. Plus he isnt going to be a huge accumulator somewhere around the 20 disposal mark i feel.

724K for the 2 midpricers Phillips and Z.Jones i probably expect 155-160 between them.

Laird + Butler (Miles on field) cost 734k. Do Laird and Miles scoe more?

Which combo has better JS?

These are the questions im asking

Not this week. Glandular fever is not pretty. A few days of strong training won't get him an AFL spot. We will be cautious.

If he is going really well, I'd suspect round 2/round 3 at the earliest.

Someone like Heeney we are going to be more cautious especially as it is round 1

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

that probably locks in Philips for me, with Heeney offering an out if Phillips goes the way of the big stink.

Surely Jones cant get effective midfield time at a team with Hanners, Jack, JPK, Parker, Heeney and Mills...
Very valid point but teams still play with more than six midfielders in their 22, especially nowadays.

The question for me more is what percentage of a game he'll be played in the middle and whether it'll be used more inside than outside. Just to many question marks on him for mine. If he does start the season on fire and is getting a heap of midfield minutes and carves it up he'll still be cheap enough to jump on come round two or three because of that so low starting price.

jones will keep to the wing.

Im questioning his DT game. Not sure he gets enough cheap marks in especially but also not many tackles sometimes. Plus he isnt going to be a huge accumulator somewhere around the 20 disposal mark i feel.

724K for the 2 midpricers Phillips and Z.Jones i probably expect 155-160 between them.

Laird + Butler (Miles on field) cost 734k. Do Laird and Miles scoe more?

Which combo has better JS?

These are the questions im asking
Lots of ppl have miles on field - what's his job security like

Lots of ppl have miles on field - what's his job security like

Pretty poor i wouldve thought

Not even sure he will play round 1. Let along Hodge in Round 2, out miles keeps ringing in my head.

I think it may depend if they prefer him over Duryea and Whitecross to be honest but even then he might not get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back