Planning for next year....

Remove this Banner Ad

Savatage

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2000
Hollywood
AFL Club
St Kilda
Heads up after todays effort by the way, with the cattle we have on the paddock it was a decent effort, some passengers on the field but most will be gone this year.

So onto planning for next year's draft.

IN MY OPINION, the following players will need to show something in the next 9 games otherwise they're in trouble.

Justin Peckett- has shown patches of form this year, has also had some shockers, at around the 30YO bracket needs to lift.

Nathan Burke- I think this one's up to Burkey really. If he wishes to continue then good luck to him I think.

Craig Callaghan- at his size, you need something extraordinary to stand you aside from the rest. Has been languishing this season.

Matthew Capuano - too injury prone. It's going to be hard to see him retain a spot...we'll wait and see.

Justin Plapp - gone.

Chad Davis - front runner, gone.

Caydn Beetham - I saw him today from 10 metres away. It's not just his terrible disposal, it's the fact that he doesn't understand how football is played.

James Begley - ditto. Very slow & not strong enough. Uses the ball well & can be classy on his day- however he has never put it together.

Stewart Loewe - retired.

That is all, any thoughts guys?

PS: We should also look at elevating Ben Schwarze onto the senior list at the end of the year.

This kid has the goods.

Having said what I've said above, I realise you can't just replace 9 players at draft time, so obviously some will stay - some will go.

However have a think about it, and let me know your thoughts.

My opinion, for what its worth

Justin Peckett- borderline, although would be down the list of potential delistees. If he is on any sort of money, then it may be a Sziller/S. Wakelin scenario of a guy getting paid more than he is worth and being delisted without being the worst on the list

Nathan Burke- Should be allowed to go on, you've got to respect your champions. Still part of the best 22 when fit.

Craig Callaghan- disappointing year, may struggle to continue. It depends on what has been wrong, although it is hard to see him getting a game with a full strength side.

Matthew Capuano - has to be kept on as the 3rd ruckman. Oliver has not shown enough to be considered as such. What happens if Everitt/Knobel get injured.

Justin Plapp - gone , any side that has him playing is not a good side

Chad Davis - never shown anything. I'd have sacked him last year.

Caydn Beetham - enormous disappointment. He will come good at another club and embarass us, but he won't do it here. Needs the kick up the arse of being delisted.

James Begley - Looked good a few years ago, but nothing since. I would doubt he would even be trade bait.

Stewart Loewe - retired, and will be lucky to see out the year. I hope if this happens he stops and is not reduced to playing for Springvale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back