Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward line? **** who knows
Dahlhaus will keep his mid/fwd dpp, so he'll be a very popular pick

I also think Zorko is a good chance to remain a mid/fwd

Libba is a decent shot at gaining fwd/mid

There's the SC-relevant key fowards: JJK, Gunston and GCLynch

Wingard, Heeney and Devon Smith priced at ~80 average, could be popular if they have good preseasons and if more midfield minutes are on the cards

Toby Greene anyone? I'd go there again

Richmond Tigers write up:

DPP Changes:
Dusty - Mid only (lose F)
McIntosh - D/M (gain D)
Markov - D (lose F)
Short - D (lose M/F)
C. Ellis - D/M (lose F)

SC Relevance:
-Dustin Martin (110.50 average):
Despite losing F eligibility, Dusty would still be a very good pick. Currently 7th overall for total points (going into the final round), I can't see his average of 110 dropping. Add to the fact he is very durable (he has never missed more than 2 games in a season). Dustys confidence continues to grow and with Prestia injected into the 2017 team, expect Dusty to rise alongside Richmond. YES for me.

-Cotchin (102 avg)
Cotchin will most likely start at a bargain price for what he is capable of in 2017. With Prestia injected into the mid and the likes of Vlaustuin and C. Ellis getting more midfield time, the pressure may be taken off Cotchin, and he may become more consistent. Will Cotchin rise to his 2012 form where he averaged 116? Probably not. NO for me.

Rance (100 avg)
My man crush. Can't see his average deviating too far from 100 next year. I usually pick Rance up when he drops 50k from his starting price. YES for me.

Vlastuin (76 avg)
Big fan of this kid. Could very well be a bargain buy with D/M eligibility. Expect this kid to get more midfield time in 2017. Richmond fans have been asking for it all year. YES for me.

Deledio (95 avg)
Buyer beware: too injury prone. NO for me.

Yarran
If he is cheap enough (note: <350k), he could provide value. NO for me

ROOKIES:
Only player that MIGHT get game time next year currently on our list is Ivan Soldo (R). Could provide okay R cover

(Would like to see folks do something similar for their club.)
Cheers!
ill do one shortly!

Putting aside individual trades that didn't work out & premos who didn't fire (nothing groundbreaking here, more a note to self):
  1. Don't pick players without a full preseason;
  2. Start with a RUC / FWD link. Didn't do it this year and came to regret it. There should be some good options;
  3. Be stricter in looking for value options (avoid bringing in players above 500-550k, look for fallen premos);
  4. Stick with consistent performers in the core mids;
  5. Stick more closely to Guns and Rookies strategy with starting line-up;
  6. Max maybe 1 KPP up forward / down back (e.g. Lynch GCS / TMac actually finished off strongly after the very poor start);
  7. Don't rely on club medicos trust your own common sense when deciding whether to trade out injured players (e.g. Dahlhaus);
  8. No old bastards. Only old prick I brought in was McVeigh and he has been mediocre. You can do well if you get them right, but too risky for mine;
  9. Pay no attention to thigh girth when selecting side. Especially not if those thighs are Tasmanian;
  10. Select Jack Martin. Want to be there if / when he goes bang, I sure as hell have suffered through his growing pains. Completely irrational, but * it.

I need to work out how to make a team that starts strongly AND finishes strongly. Peaking at the right time this year but it's too late :(
Same for my colleagues in BF Doggies. All of the minor prelim finalists outscored our more successful counterparts - by an average of 116 points!

Amazingly, the lowest minor premiership score (2382) beat the highest finalist score (2308) :eek:

From my team, DPP gained (not convinced Lachie Hunter will get it) should be:

Tom Boyd to become a RUC/FWD
Caleb Daniel to become a MID/FWD
The Bont!!! to become a MID/FWD :D
Can add Zaine Cordy to become a DEF/FWD :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hall is 430k and he is DPP again I'm locking him in, GCS carnage will continue IMO.
He's averaging 95... He'll be priced at more than $500k

Never again:
Ward
Brodie Smith
Aaron Hall
Bartel

Not starting with in round 1:
Cripps
Bont
Rockliff
Priddis
Jelwood
Matty Boyd

Keen if there is a full preseason:

Stef Martin
Goldy
Heeney and Libba if fwd mid dpp
Deledio
Harley Bennell

Very keen:
Treloar
Fyfe
Beams
Ryder
Gawn
Heppell
Hurley

Half way between burn man and lock:
Barlow
Wingard

Last edited:
Never again:
Brodie Smith
Bartel
Deledio
Yeo
S.Mitchell
Westoff

Not starting with in round 1:
Cripps
Rockliff
Jelwood
M.Boyd
Wingard

Keen if there is a full preseason:
Stef Martin
Goldy
Pittard
Wines

Very keen:
Shuey
Treloar
Fyfe
Ryder (if DPP)
Lycett
Gawn
Doc
Shaw
Dusty
GC Lynch

If priced cheap enough:

Heppell
Hurley
Harley Bennell
GAJ
JOM
Beams

Half way between burn man and lock:
Everyone else

Definitely starting with:
Bont
Fyfe
Dangerfield
Dusty
Gray (if DPP)
Heppell depending on price
Docherty
MaxGawn

Dahlhaus will keep his mid/fwd dpp, so he'll be a very popular pick

I also think Zorko is a good chance to remain a mid/fwd

Libba is a decent shot at gaining fwd/mid

There's the SC-relevant key fowards: JJK, Gunston and GCLynch

Wingard, Heeney and Devon Smith priced at ~80 average, could be popular if they have good preseasons and if more midfield minutes are on the cards

Toby Greene anyone? I'd go there again

What makes you so sure Dahl will keep his DP?

Bont and Libba probably have more chance.

What makes you so sure Dahl will keep his DP?

Bont and Libba probably have more chance.
fair enough, you would know better

Bont and Libba as fwds.. YES PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back