Play By Mail, Play By Email, PBM/PBEM

Used to do a decent amount of this back in the late 80's, early 90's.

Recently I remembered a PBM game that was completely manually run, taking the GM 60 odd hours every couple of weeks.

That was Tribe Vibes, which I never played. It has morphed into TribeNet:

http://tribenet.com.au/

It still has original players from the 1980's, it seems.

I just joined up. I am on a prairie with 10,000 tribe-people.

It begins...

• Admin
Used to play a cricket one called Ultra Cricket - the best sports SIM game I have ever played by far.
One of my Dip mates played that. I have been trying to figure out how to resurrect it but emails to contacts go unanswered. Do you still have a copy of the rules or anything?

One of my Dip mates played that. I have been trying to figure out how to resurrect it but emails to contacts go unanswered. Do you still have a copy of the rules or anything?

Sadly not - and I googled it the other day and it looks like the old website doesn't even exist anymore.

How long does the Tribes take to get into and how much time do you have to invest into it?

Looks like about 30 mins every 2 weeks, or more if you want to get right into it.

Spreadsheets - and that GOT style map on the front page - already wet. :eek:

Is there anything you'd recommend reading before jumping in?

• Admin

Just read the stuff on the site - and the GM provides you a first-round set of orders to show you how it looks.

• Admin

I am really not prioritising enough time to get into this game. Blundering along each turn with no real direction.

I am really not prioritising enough time to get into this game. Blundering along each turn with no real direction.

I had to give it up - not enough time - very deep game that takes an epic amount of forward planning.

I had to give it up - not enough time - very deep game that takes an epic amount of forward planning.

Yeah I ditched this turn.

You either get right in and play it forever or you don't play past the intro turns.

Back