Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to admit i was pleasantly surprised at Framtons game last night, to me it was the one high light from a bad night.
I have never been a fan of him from the very little i have seen and did not think he had the goods to step up.
But from that performance alone my mind has turned in favor of him. Makes me wonder having the full time coaches we have why he was not given a chance earlier on. Stuff like this contributes to my dislike of Hinkley and his inability to bring players on in their careers.

I thought he competed really well as a forward. Sticky hands and throws himself into the contest. Plenty to like.

Needs work as a ruckman but he's 21. Not many 21 year olds are dominant ruckmen. Most take time to come on.

Should quite obviously have played 8-10 games this year.

Dixon can foil Frampton up forward. Dixon gets 10 players on him and Frampton leads and marks.

This is flawed thinking in so many ways

1. we don't kick to leads
2. Isn't this why we recruited Watts
3. Surely Marshall is ahead of him in the pecking order
4. He's been on the list as a ruckman for 4 years. He's not been picked because his ruck skills went deemed up to scratch (highlighted last night). If we suddenly start judging him on some very good contested marking last night we're tricking ourselves.
5. His lacking in the ruck last night highlights our list management issues run deep - 4 years taking a 'development ruck' spot on the list is insane - over that first 2-3 years the following should be happening. he's either clearly not gonna make it (delist immediately), he shows signs at SANFL but not sure (give chance at AFL level - make the call).

4. He's been on the list as a ruckman for 4 years. He's not been picked because his ruck skills went deemed up to scratch (highlighted last night). If we suddenly start judging him on some very good contested marking last night we're tricking ourselves.
5. His lacking in the ruck last night highlights our list management issues run deep - 4 years taking a 'development ruck' spot on the list is insane - over that first 2-3 years the following should be happening. he's either clearly not gonna make it (delist immediately), he shows signs at SANFL but not sure (give chance at AFL level - make the call).
Regardless of what you think of our development how many 21 year olds are leading rucks throughout the comp?

I don’t agree with most of that, your looking at it now - think future. I’ll agree he may not be a great ruck but in terms of a forward line contributor he’s bigger and tougher than Watts, Watts will always be a link player I think further up the ground, he’s also more like Dixon than Marshall, and Marshall is a completely different animal.

Don’t look at how we are structured now as we are crap, think next year when we restructure.

Great potential here. Just needs to be able to play a leading forward (which we will revert back to next yr as Lade and his s**t truck forward line are gone).

Have to admit i was pleasantly surprised at Framtons game last night, to me it was the one high light from a bad night.
I have never been a fan of him from the very little i have seen and did not think he had the goods to step up.
But from that performance alone my mind has turned in favor of him. Makes me wonder having the full time coaches we have why he was not given a chance earlier on. Stuff like this contributes to my dislike of Hinkley and his inability to bring players on in their careers.

Probably about KPI’s and defensive blah blah, he can work on that. I think the coaches focus too much on that crap than the ‘potential’ positives.

Where is the room for spontaneity and randomness?

Probably Lade in all honesty.

I don’t agree with most of that, your looking at it now - think future. I’ll agree he may not be a great ruck but in terms of a forward line contributor he’s bigger and tougher than Watts, Watts will always be a link player I think further up the ground, he’s also more like Dixon than Marshall, and Marshall is a completely different animal.

Don’t look at how we are structured now as we are crap, think next year when we restructure.

Great potential here. Just needs to be able to play a leading forward (which we will revert back to next yr as Lade and his s**t truck forward line are gone).

I hope so.

Ken, you were wrong about Billy... just swallow your pride and man up to the fact

YOU WE’RE WRONG
Even if he were right, that was never the point. It wasn't that others were going fine on the ruck. Frampton would avoid us messing with the structures, while preserving Ryder.

Not convinced on Frampton. Looked to scared to smother & tackle. No desperate defensive nous. He kept turning his head away & coming in with a shoulder bump. Not convinced.
I would hv tried to hang on to Jacko for another two seasons.

He wasn't that bad. 1st game and was awful in the ruck but showed a bit up forward. At this point I see him as a Nathan Vardy type. Vardy at this point in his career wasn't a great ruck and was used more forward. Wasn't until he joined west coast he'd become a main ruckman and he was 25. Showed it against Melbourne that he can still go forward and be useful. For now he's just a depth player but it would be great when Dixon and Ryder retires he could be a forward/2nd ruck.

I'd like to welcome President West

F931B72D59385F5A4220A7C504E907CED903497B

giphy.gif

Kayne got Trump's endorsement today.

Weird batshit speach by Kanye who went to the whitehouse to talk about prison reform and ended up giving an 8 minute soliloquy and called someone a mother f**ker whilst it was going live. Trump smirked. Sitting next to Kanye was ex Cleveland Brown's great Jim Brown.

The whole rant and more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we keep Billy. He fits perfectly as the SANFL version of Dixon.

Whoever is not playing AFL out of Marshall or Watts plays at CHF.

Ladhams up forward in the Ryder 3rd tall forward role that also helps Hayes (playing the Lycett role) in the ruck.

I feel the SANFL side fully emulating the AFL side role for role helps big time. Although we don't have a young kid coming through that's a roamer like Hoff.

I hope we keep Billy. He fits perfectly as the SANFL version of Dixon.

Whoever is not playing AFL out of Marshall or Watts plays at CHF.

Ladhams up forward in the Ryder 3rd tall forward role that also helps Hayes (playing the Lycett role) in the ruck.

I feel the SANFL side fully emulating the AFL side role for role helps big time. Although we don't have a young kid coming through that's a roamer like Hoff.
Billy has a contract. can't see the point of getting rid of him to get another kid we have to spend 3 years developing before Ken gives him a game.

Two ways to look at Billy.
1. He's had one game where he wasn't too good in a few aspects but showed some potential. Give him multiple games to come up to speed.
2. He hasn't filled the need we want. Send him back to the SANFL to improve and give him the odd game here and there but never really the chance to prove himself.

2. sounds familiar? Butcher mark 2 coming up.

Two ways to look at Billy.
1. He's had one game where he wasn't too good in a few aspects but showed some potential. Give him multiple games to come up to speed.
2. He hasn't filled the need we want. Send him back to the SANFL to improve and give him the odd game here and there but never really the chance to prove himself.

2. sounds familiar? Butcher mark 2 coming up.
He chokes the ball like Butcher when having a set shot. Not as bad a ball drop but still shaky like Butch.

Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

I am on board. He should be warming Dixon's seat in the Power's set-up; playing WITH Marshall AND Ryder.

Hinkley would never do it, but I would put Frampton in Robbie's place next week.

Living interstate its difficult to get a read on how Billy is going.

In modern footy you need a forward who can take a big contested mark inside 50 but also be an option at half forward up the line when the team is unable to switch or run the ball through the corridor.

If Frampton plays he needs to compete both inside 50 and half-forward, so what is his kicking inside 50 like compared to Marshall?

Also, does he have pace? Is he fast over the back when other teams are pressing us?

Is he good at ground level? Given the way Hinkley wants to play (like it or not) we get alot of ground balls in our forward line and Marshall does have great hands.

If he's ok at one of the above as well as clunking marks and getting a few goals then give him a crack at it.

I thought he competed really well as a forward. Sticky hands and throws himself into the contest. Plenty to like.

Needs work as a ruckman but he's 21. Not many 21 year olds are dominant ruckmen. Most take time to come on.

Should quite obviously have played 8-10 games this year.

I wonder if he is more a Forward than a ruckman
(as a position best suited for his talents)

I had wondered if Ladhams has gone past him as ruck & we have Hayes as well ... so maybe he could be developed as a KPF (instead of a ruck)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back