Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

Remove this Banner Ad

Billy is a good boy Kenny

b563a932a8625d1686ba57f3964de3fc.jpg

God he looked good today. Had Centrals defenders hanging off him all game and still kicked 4, set up a couple others. Kicking 9 in 2 weeks and not getting picked would not only signal the fact he will never get picked but will probably destroy his confidence too. Absolutely banging the door down for selection now.

God he looked good today. Had Centrals defenders hanging off him all game and still kicked 4, set up a couple others. Kicking 9 in 2 weeks and not getting picked would not only signal the fact he will never get picked but will probably destroy his confidence too. Absolutely banging the door down for selection now.

Especially with Dixon out.
Ken has absolutely no excuse this week. None.

1) AFL side got beaten badly. No tall forwards in the AFL side imposed themselves on the contest.
2) Crows tall defenders normally have a field day intercept marking against us.
3) Plenty of out of form AFL players
4) Billy has had consecutive great games at SANFL level (having been good earlier in the season before suspension), where he has "played his role" and "brought the ball to ground"...……..don't tell Ken that he also actually took marks and kicked goals in the process

1) AFL side got beaten badly. No tall forwards in the AFL side imposed themselves on the contest.
4) Billy has had consecutive great games at SANFL level (having been good earlier in the season before suspension), where he has "played his role" and "brought the ball to ground"...……..don't tell Ken that he also actually took marks and kicked goals in the process

Every time we kicked it to him something happened.

+ coming off a 3 goals in his last AFL game.

Ken needs to abandon his arrogance and play him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s certainly banging on that door, surely he has to be considered for the showdown?!?
Thursday night's press conference: Ken says, "Billy was definitely in the frame of the conversation around the selection table. But at the end of the day, we thought it'd be unwise to risk him in such a high intensity game as a Showdown. However if he keeps putting up strong performances for the Magpies, he'll get a game soon."

Am I doing it right???

Thursday night's press conference: Ken says, "Billy was definitely in the frame of the conversation around the selection table. But at the end of the day, we thought it'd be unwise to risk him in such a high intensity game as a Showdown. However if he keeps putting up strong performances for the Magpies, he'll get a game soon."

Am I doing it right???
If he comes in for the showdown, even if he gets rubbed out for a week or two, he has done his job. Let Billy be Billy and he could get a massive following.

If Wild Billy gets a gig in the showdown it will almost certainly be at the expense of Marshall because that is the way Kern rolls, and then, as has been suggested in another thread, if Billy gets monstered by multiple tingle defenders Kern half a brain can sit at the presser looking like he is about to drop a pleasurable fart.

Frampton is playing well in the SANFL and deserves promotion. To be honest Marshall looks good at times but he is simply not doing enough. Todd has taken just 15 marks and kicked 3 goals in five games. Games are not won by looking good but by getting the ball and kicking goals. Attacking the ball, bringing it ground for smaller players, etc. etc. is all well and good but a tall forward also has to get the ball and trouble the scoreboard.

I am aware of the need to let Todd develop but he has to make more of his opportunities when he gets them. Billy Frampton is also a developing player and he also has to get a start sometime. At this stage I doubt we can play two inexperienced tall forwards at the same time so I think it is time to switch Todd for Billy and see how it goes. As I see it this is a development year and if we can finish the year with both Billy and Todd having 15+ games of AFL footy under their belt we will be in a better position next year.

I think there is a need to get games into both Frampton and Marshall as I have no confidence that a 29 year old Charlie Dixon and a 31 year old Paddy Ryder will be around much longer. They are both running into injury. We should use this year to blood Frampton and see if he has what it takes at AFL level.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back