• Yes

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hell yeah!

Votes: 70 72.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched him closely too. Had an issue with shin splints in his 1st yr but this notion that Billy's career has been cruelled by injury is not correct.
Watched him at Richmond in 2015 v Westies and he was superior to Lobbe then. For whatever reason Ken has refused to see Billy
as anything more than a break glass emergency. His history of stubborn favouritism is an insult to players and club.
True. The year when Ryder was banned it was strange because Ken didn’t want to “expose” a 2nd year ruck in the RUCK yet would opt for Howard. Howard was also a 2nd year tall who was just as skinny yet didn’t even play ruck.

True. The year when Ryder was banned it was strange because Ken didn’t want to “expose” a 2nd year ruck in the RUCK yet would opt for Howard. Howard was also a 2nd year tall who was just as skinny yet didn’t even play ruck.

You find it strange that a coach didn’t want to play a second year player who was undersized for the job in a position where he would have to contest every stoppage in the game, and so opted for a player who would see the ball maybe half the time up forward?

Well the number of times we bombed it on his head and the defender (Hombsch?) kept holding and scragging him so he couldnt get a run at the ball and the 3rd tall marked uncontested - sheesh. Only Kernball.

We got the ball inside 50. In Ken and Bassett’s universe that’s the key stat. They point to it time and again.

Marks inside 50 definitely seem to be secondary. That’s the only conclusion you can draw from how haphazardly we go in there, how few leading forwards we use, and how often Ken holds up the number of entries as a mark of success.

We got the ball inside 50. In Ken and Bassett’s universe that’s the key stat. They point to it time and again.

Marks inside 50 definitely seem to be secondary. That’s the only conclusion you can draw from how haphazardly we go in there, how few leading forwards we use, and how often Ken holds up the number of entries as a mark of success.

I’d be happy to join them in ignoring I50 marks if our scoring efficiency was any good (i.e. we had other reliable avenues to goal) but it’s not. Our I50s have been high all year, we’re at +112 with only one negative result in the Collingwood game, but 9 games in we still haven’t kicked over 100 points and our percentage is a fairly modest 107.

Improving our conversion here is clearly one of the keys to us competing with the top teams.

Hinkley manning up the spare and reduced chaos ball entries would help all of our forwards get on the lead more.

I’d be happy to join them in ignoring I50 marks if our scoring efficiency was any good (i.e. we had other reliable avenues to goal) but it’s not. Our I50s have been high all year, we’re at +112 with only one negative result in the Collingwood game, but 9 games in we still haven’t kicked over 100 points and our percentage is a fairly modest 107.

Improving our conversion here is clearly one of the keys to us competing with the top teams.

27 year-old district cricketer Alex Keath takes a gazillion intercept marks.....but.....”we went inside 50...”

Yeah, I just caught the end of his career in the early 70s.

Maybe I should have gone with Ian Verrier...

Lol Ian Verrier, the person he would be most likely to hurt was himself.

I remember Denis Errey as co-commentator to Dean Davis for the live reserves telecast. Errey told how Bruce Nyland could barely see on the football field and was a threat to teammate and opponent. Errey said he was running into an open goal one day and Nyland ran him down from behind with a textbook tackle.

His son Michael was a half back flanker and a bit like Billy, shock of blonde hair and played the game hard. Injuries finished him up too early.

I see your Alex Keath and raise you NEAFL stalwart Josh Walker taking SIXTEEN marks ffs!

Please no more, I will confess to anything :'(

It doesn't help when our chaos ball entries against West Coast were described as a coaching masterstroke by people like Matthew Lloyd.
Maybe it came off that week but bloody hell it shouldn't be a strategy in every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, the conditions on Sunday were hardly conducive to slick ball movement. They fit the Suns defensive clogging perfectly. Early on before the rain came, we did isolate Billy one out for a mark and goal.

Also I don't think Billy was wrestling so much as trying to get past being shepherded out of getting to the drop of the ball. Hombsch took a few uncontested chest marks in front of Billy's contests. Billy may be many things, but near-sighted is not one of them. The umpire should have paid him a couple of frees early on to stop that nonsense.

To be fair, the conditions on Sunday were hardly conducive to slick ball movement. They fit the Suns defensive clogging perfectly. Early on before the rain came, we did isolate Billy one out for a mark and goal.

Also I don't think Billy was wrestling so much as trying to get past being shepherded out of getting to the drop of the ball. Hombsch took a few uncontested chest marks in front of Billy's contests. Billy may be many things, but near-sighted is not one of them. The umpire should have paid him a couple of frees early on to stop that nonsense.

I saw it as Billy getting sucked in to the wrestle. As he matures he'll be better able to position himself so the sheparding is more obvious and he has a better chance of getting a free.

I saw it as Billy getting sucked in to the wrestle. As he matures he'll be better able to position himself so the sheparding is more obvious and he has a better chance of getting a free.
I have no real problem with most of Frampton's efforts in those contests. Hombsch did what he does, sat behind the contest then swooped in at the last second for the intercept while the KPD engaged in the actual contest.

We switched play more frequently - and more aggressively - in attack in the second half which makes the above tactic harder to pull off.

Maybe if he played for Adelaide, Hawthorn or Collingwood. ;)

He has to wrestle if the ball is popped above his head.

Not all were going above the head. A few times the ball fell fairly short to where they were wrestling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon umpires are starting to ignore forwards being blocked.. or is it just when it's Port? lel

I reckon umpires are starting to ignore forwards being blocked.. or is it just when it's Port? lel

Definitely the latter. I bet we would get pinged for it. Jonas would probably get suspended.

Interesting that we’ve turned him into a forward over the pre season.

Ken taking credit for Billy’s form while this board just gets mad that he wasn’t selected earlier is both bizarre and hilarious.

Either way I’m really happy with his performance and after seeing him as delist worthy last year he is clearly being played to his strengths up forward and looks a completely different player.

Interesting that we’ve turned him into a forward over the pre season.

Ken taking credit for Billy’s form while this board just gets mad that he wasn’t selected earlier is both bizarre and hilarious.

Either way I’m really happy with his performance and after seeing him as delist worthy last year he is clearly being played to his strengths up forward and looks a completely different player.
Frampton should have played like 5 games last year and only got 1. He should be on almost 10 games now rather than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back