• Yes

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hell yeah!

Votes: 70 72.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny people saying our forwards have to play in front and lead.
Like FFS that’s basic under 10s stuff and should be that way all day.
All this defensive forward hogwash is a poor excuse for poor forwards.
All the great goal kickers over the years would have never got a game at Port because they just kicked goals week in week out.

He has a decent lead Bill if we can create space for him & good delivery (lol)

Frampton should have played like 5 games last year and only got 1. He should be on almost 10 games now rather than 2.
He barely should have played the one game he did play. If he was playing like he is this year then sure, but he wasn’t at all.

He barely should have played the one game he did play. If he was playing like he is this year then sure, but he wasn’t at all.

Did you see Ryder struggling last year? I don’t care how Framptons form was. Our season was stuffed and so was Ryder. You need to blood these guys for the long run. He proved in round 23 that he was not out of place. He would have reduced Dixon and Hoffs ruck time too to play in their proper spots.

Round 17: Vs Dockers. Ryder couldn’t play the full game.

Round 18: vs GWS Ryder didn’t play. Dixon/Hoff swapping between ruck and forward. Watts forward.

Round 19: Bulldogs were cooked, perfect opportunity to play Frampton. Ryder didn’t play the full game.

Round 21: vs West Coast. Ryder couldn’t play the full game.

Round 22: Collingwood Hoff and Ryder switching between ruck and full forward, Watts CHF. That’s super short. Dixon was out with a broken leg from the game before and didn’t get replaced.

Round 23: vs Essendon. Finally got a game.

Last edited:
Your last two words says it all (good delivery).
Our kicking skills have dropped off dramatically over the years.
Drafting players that can kick a football would be a good starting point.
You see better deliveries from a grocer than you see from Port.

I haven't seen Frampton play in the SANFL but on Sunday he delivered exactly what I expected, based on what I saw of him in the last game of last year.

That suggests to me that he should have played more AFL games than he has to date.

I haven't seen Frampton play in the SANFL but on Sunday he delivered exactly what I expected, based on what I saw of him in the last game of last year.

That suggests to me that he should have played more AFL games than he has to date.
He showed glimpses up forward last year against Essendon but was horrible in the ruck which is where he was selected to play.

If he’d been playing as a forward all of last year he might’ve gotten more games.

Either way he is miles better than last year IMO. Has easily passed Butcher’s final years.

I find it funny people saying our forwards have to play in front and lead.
Like FFS that’s basic under 10s stuff and should be that way all day.
All this defensive forward hogwash is a poor excuse for poor forwards.
All the great goal kickers over the years would have never got a game at Port because they just kicked goals week in week out.

Its obviously a lot harder with AFL sides getting back in to the leading lanes so quick nowadays but just lead anyway. Lead directly at the sub 190cm spare defender, make them earn it. And if your lead isn't honoured, sprint back and lead again. Create chaos.

You find it strange that a coach didn’t want to play a second year player who was undersized for the job in a position where he would have to contest every stoppage in the game, and so opted for a player who would see the ball maybe half the time up forward?
Why did you have to butt in and then go on to completely miss my point? Ryder was banned and Lobbe went down. Ken thought using Howard was a great idea instead of using an actual ruck, Frampton, because Frampton was too raw yet they’re the same age. It didn’t go well so Trengove got thrown there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did you have to butt in and then go on to completely miss my point? Ryder was banned and Lobbe went down. Ken thought using Howard was a great idea instead of using an actual ruck, Frampton, because Frampton was too raw yet they’re the same age. It didn’t go well so Trengove got thrown there.

Frampton is a poor ruck even now - good for a chop out but that's it. What do you think he would have been like in 2016 as a raw kid?

Anyway, in 2016, it went like this:

Lobbe rucked from R1-5. Howard played R2.

Neither Trengove nor Lobbe played in R6, which is why Dixon, Westhoff and Howard shared the ruck duties. Howard was brought in just for that match, because we went with a rotation system. We won that game against Richmond by 35 points FFS. Then Howard got dropped, and came back for the game against Melbourne - which we won by 45 points - and Collingwood, which we won by 67.

We lost the Bulldogs game that they both played in by 3 points, before he did his ACL against Fremantle.

Didn't go so well huh?

Frampton is a poor ruck even now - good for a chop out but that's it. What do you think he would have been like in 2016 as a raw kid?

Anyway, in 2016, it went like this:

Lobbe rucked from R1-5. Howard played R2.

Neither Trengove nor Lobbe played in R6, which is why Dixon, Westhoff and Howard shared the ruck duties. Howard was brought in just for that match, because we went with a rotation system. We won that game against Richmond by 35 points FFS. Then Howard got dropped, and came back for the game against Melbourne - which we won by 45 points - and Collingwood, which we won by 67.

We lost the Bulldogs game that they both played in by 3 points, before he did his ACL against Fremantle.

Didn't go so well huh?
It’s actually amazing how far you’ve taken this.

Also I don't think Billy was wrestling so much as trying to get past being shepherded out of getting to the drop of the ball.
Hammer nail.
Watched the replay again last night and your right Sammy played well. A couple of untimely slips at crucial times
but it was that kind of game.
Gotta feeling we'll beat Hawthorn this week.

Calling him a poor ruckman is a bit dramatic he's just not a lead ruckman.

As long as he doesn't ruck much more than either. He's future is as a forward and any ruck work should only be through necessity.
He'll ruck if it's needed he still gives Ladhams a relief in the SANFL.

Can you imagine if our forwards got the same protection that Taylor Walker gets? We'd be a 2-3 goal a game better side.
And Walker can knock the ball out of a Port players hand, after he marks it, and no 50m given. Even commentators said that was 50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back