Autopsy Play the kids they said, it will be good they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sydney, Adelaide and Hawthorn have similar aged teams but are very competitive. Our problem runs deeper than just number of kids playing. Our list is very poorly balanced, no cover for injuries at all in certain positions and a new coaching panel still finding their feet.

But alarmingly we are completely stopping after half way through second quarter. We need to find some quick fixes before we embarrass the jumper any further and lose the respect this club prides itself on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly
as someone who has watched as many North games as anyone round here, and I am talking Laurie effing Dwyer at the Gasometer, the effort being put in by this bunch of players is just totally totally unacceptable
I will be there on the weekend but I will be waiting for a real north team to show up

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's very hard to guess at that age but I just prefer McKay/Simpkin/Stephenson/LDU a little more to Blakey/Florent/McCartin.
It all evens out, for example we Pantsed em in 2015 with Durdan and Nielson when they had to settle with Heeney , but we got our men Menadue and Ahern in the end.
:sternlook

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting Sydney. Further example why the draft is a joke and I'm not even talking the academies. Sydney tanked last year. It's a fact. They got to a point in the season where they were out of it and they warehoused a stack of senior players, exposed their youth and then sunk. Experienced players are back and they're miracously 4 zip. Are they a bottom 4 side deserved of pick 5 - 4 games later?

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1618293748482.png

Snake is Bucks, confirmed

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's very hard to guess at that age but I just prefer McKay/Simpkin/Stephenson/LDU a little more to Blakey/Florent/McCartin.
Not to derail this thread, but I’ve always been confident that Blakey will never be anything special. Had bust potential written all over him even before he landed at Sydney.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
We really needed this Sholl kid.

Furious missed him as just tore us up.
Went pick 64, so everyone passed on him multiple times. And then played zero games in his first year, and not until round ten of his second year.

If he wasn't related to a past player, he'd be just another kid.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Went pick 64, so everyone passed on him multiple times. And then played zero games in his first year, and not until round ten of his second year.

If he wasn't related to a past player, he'd be just another kid.

Well he isn't now so what's your point?

Shithouse recruiting.

Be our best young player at North with Powell at the moment.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Well he isn't now so what's your point?

Shithouse recruiting.

Be our best young player at North with Powell at the moment.
Maybe the recruiters were right - he was the 64th best kid that year - and he has just applied himself more than was expected.

Maybe he got a chance in the ones in a side that didn't even look like winning a game and if they had won a couple he'd still be languishing in the reserves.

Maybe you made the same comment after the games in which he had fewer than ten disposals and I just missed it?

Or maybe you're massively overreacting to a kid who had a good game.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
12 games.

You may be right, and sure he played really well on the weekend, but it's too early to tell how he will turn out.

You'd rather Taylor or Sholl at the moment?

Christ the kid nearly best on ground and skills made ours look absurdly poor. (including LDU)

I'm not saying I ever said to get him just feel we have stuffed this one up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back