Autopsy Play the kids they said, it will be good they said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
You'd rather Taylor or Sholl at the moment?

Christ the kid nearly best on ground and skills made ours look absurdly poor. (including LDU)

I'm not saying I ever said to get him just feel we have stuffed this one up
Call me in five years. You may be right, you may be wrong.

All I'm saying is it is far too early to be making definitive statements.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Call me in five years. You may be right, you may be wrong.

All I'm saying is it is far too early to be making definitive statements.

True. Ok.

How many games have our kids like Sholl on the weekend?

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sure Ronke looked like a world beater early stages too.

For his sake I hope Sholl has a successful and long career, but this seems like a case of spilt milk to me

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sholl a North related kid.

Yeah you sound like Joyce....... excuses

His Dad played for Carlton and another uncle played for Geelong. North had no special claim or link to the kid. He also went 64 in the draft so every club passed on him 2 or 3 times before Adelaide picked him up. They look like they have got an absolute ripper with a low pick. Good luck to them.

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was saying to my wife the other day that I can't remember the last time I was this excited to watch us play each week which sounds absolutely ridiculous if you're looking at our results and comparing them to the last 5 years.

Why? Powell, Phillips, Lazzaro, Mckay, Simpkin, LDU, Bonar, Stephenson, Scott, Mahony, Young, Larkey, Thomas, Hayden, Zurhaar... Realistically we know they all won't make it, but it's exciting watching them progress week-to-week and see who steps up. How bloody good was it to watch the glimses Phillips showed in limited game time this week? Powell every game so far this year? Mckay shutting down Walker. Simpkin and LDU as slightly older (but still very young) leaders of this next group coming through hopefully take that next step. Bonar playing like an AA calibre defender... I could go on.

We're finally leaving mid-table obscurity and irrelevance by getting rid of the dead wood and playing the future. I can't wait to watch these guys again this week and watch the improvements, and each subsequent week for the rest of this year.

It'll only be even more exciting next year with another group of youngsters added to the list (including hopefully the best 18 year old in the country) and the existing ones growing as a result of the experience they'll receive this year playing footy at the top level and another pre-season under their belts.

They did say play the kids, and I'm loving the fact that it's happening.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was saying to my wife the other day that I can't remember the last time I was this excited to watch us play each week which sounds absolutely ridiculous if you're looking at our results and comparing them to the last 5 years.

Why? Powell, Phillips, Lazzaro, Mckay, Simpkin, LDU, Bonar, Stephenson, Scott, Mahony, Young, Larkey, Thomas, Hayden, Zurhaar... Realistically we know they all won't make it, but it's exciting watching them progress week-to-week and see who steps up. How bloody good was it to watch the glimses Phillips showed in limited game time this week? Powell every game so far this year? Mckay shutting down Walker. Simpkin and LDU as slightly older (but still very young) leaders of this next group coming through hopefully take that next step. Bonar playing like an AA calibre defender... I could go on.

We're finally leaving mid-table obscurity and irrelevance by getting rid of the dead wood and playing the future. I can't wait to watch these guys again this week and watch the improvements, and each subsequent week for the rest of this year.

It'll only be even more exciting next year with another group of youngsters added to the list (including hopefully the best 18 year old in the country) and the existing ones growing as a result of the experience they'll receive this year playing footy at the top level and another pre-season under their belts.

I’m with ya Souup ......Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on upcoming draft too as the year progresses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His Dad played for Carlton and another uncle played for Geelong. North had no special claim or link to the kid. He also went 64 in the draft so every club passed on him 2 or 3 times before Adelaide picked him up. They look like they have got an absolute ripper with a low pick. Good luck to them.

Yeah I know that. You are correct.

I grew up watching a very underrated Craig Sholl and every time this kid got it and called him, it just reminded me of the bloody 90s.........

Of course Crows have done well, he's a jet.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I know that. You are correct.

I grew up watching a very underrated Craig Sholl and every time this kid got it and called him, it just reminded me of the bloody 90s.........

Of course Crows have done well, he's a jet.

When you watch the Youtube stuff of North in the 90s you realise Scholl really flew under the radar. Not huge stats but he made them count.

Rob in Cologne

Bring back LT
Jan 27, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This thread has a really negative name, unfortunately. Hopefully we can be a bit more positive, BECAUSE, playing the kids has been the best thing, the most positive thing about the year. Powell really has IT. We are seeing some kids step up in challenging circumstances. Negativity often comes from a lack of control, and every poster on BF lacks control to pull strings with the team. Noble is positive, which I love. Every week he can think and tweak things and he makes small wins. That's how we change. Remember that the next time you're feeling negative. I'm loving the footy this year - we're finally on a proper rise 🙂

A team I'd love to see later in the year. Poor Perez is out for the year but I want to see the big kid Charlie Cobden (he's so off the radar I can't spell his name 😉).

LMac - Taz - BMac
Ziebell - Corr - Thomas
Dumont - Cunners - Polac
Stepho - Cobden - Powell
Turner - Larkey - Zurharr
Goldy - Jye - LDU
Scott - Phillips - Lazarro - Ando
Sub: Young
EMG: Bonar Hayden Atley Xerri

Good mix of old and new. Another key fwd is essential!!

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Couldnt agree more. Said much the same to my son a while back - while many might turn out as good as those we discarded its the fact we dont know how high their ceiling is. We know the last lot was mid table, this lot might be the same, might be more. Each week we get to watch them improve, develop and watch for that next eye catching play that brings us hope.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was a very good footballer.

From a wing to a h.b.flanker to a great forward.

1999 G.F. Shagga hits Scholl on the chest 45 metres out, Punt rd. end. Lines up and kicks from 50. Dunstall on the commentary:
" ooh, there's a fair roost " Dunstall seemed a bit shocked.
Post high, travelled 60, never gunna miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back