Opinion Play the Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

After Sleeping on the Pathetic Effort last Night I came to the Relisation that we need to start playing the Kids as Playing the Old Farts won't Improve us at all or we go Backwards with them.

So we really need to see what the Kids have got,

I like to see:

- Kelly
- Rantall
- Quyanor
- Murphy
- Keane
- Nobel

Hopefully Bianco can find some Form and get a Game too.

Not Going Forwards with Players like:

- Reid
- Varcoe
- Cox
- Mayne
- Phillips
- Elliot

I feel your pain, hoping players like Kelly, Rantall, IQ get eased in over the coming weeks away. Also think we have to give Sier a crack in the midfield as -despite Brody's obvious dominance- we lose the clearance battle more often than not.

I feel your pain, hoping players like Kelly, Rantall, IQ get eased in over the coming weeks away. Also think we have to give Sier a crack in the midfield as -despite Brody's obvious dominance- we lose the clearance battle more often than not.

Sier is one of those players that tends to look better at AFL level than VFL . He would be in the team right now if he even pretended to give a crap. Unfortunately he seems to drink his own bathwater and may end up realising his full potential when another club gives him his "final chance". I hope not but I struggle to figure out where his motivation is going to come from if he can't get himself up for it at the moment.

I am looking forward to seeing Quaynor in for Varcoe (Trav is a forward or nothing at the moment) and one of Kelly/Keane/Murphy in the not too distant future.

I am also starting to feel like it is a junk year, just crap: what with travel, hubs, cancelled rounds, isolation, lock-downs, quarantine, positive tests, injuries, empty stadiums, canned crowd noise, suspensions and all the other crap that has conspired to just basically f@ck the season completely.

It's already painfully obvious to me, and should be to you, that we are not coping as well as some with the situation and are not going to win any flag this year, if indeed the season even makes it that far.

Hubs might be a good time to leave a few players home for 'compassionate' reasons and blood some kids with an eye on a decent draft pick and a proper season of football next year.

I am also starting to feel like it is a junk year, just crap: what with travel, hubs, cancelled rounds, isolation, lock-downs, quarantine, positive tests, injuries, empty stadiums, canned crowd noise, suspensions and all the other crap that has conspired to just basically f@ck the season completely.

It's already painfully obvious to me, and should be to you, that we are not coping as well as some with the situation and are not going to win any flag this year, if indeed the season even makes it that far.

Hubs might be a good time to leave a few players home for 'compassionate' reasons and blood some kids with an eye on a decent draft pick and a proper season of football next year.

Although the thought makes me shiver, I think you're right

After Sleeping on the Pathetic Effort last Night I came to the Relisation that we need to start playing the Kids as Playing the Old Farts won't Improve us at all or we go Backwards with them.

I like to see:

- Kelly
- Rantall
- Quyanor
- Murphy
- Keane
- Nobel

- Reid
- Varcoe
- Cox
- Mayne
- Phillips
- Elliot
I agree with you, although Elliot & Phillips aren't exactly 'old farts' both Elliot & Phillips are being played out of position currently and it is backfiring.
Elliot needs to play solely forward, Phillips needs to go back on the wing or needs to be dropped.
Love to see Quaynor, Keane, Murphy and Rantall get games..

I like to see:

- Kelly
- Rantall
- Quyanor
- Murphy
- Keane
- Nobel

- Reid
- Varcoe
- Cox
- Mayne
- Phillips
- Elliot
I would remove Phillips from that list... play him in position (ie wing).
Also, Elliot was only just re-signed. We should rotate him through half forward more often.
The others, yep, trash em. Throw Wills in there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be very surprised if any of the kids besides Quaynor, Kelly and perhaps Keane make it (not including the first year players). The reason they’re not being played is because they aren’t good enough to displace the very ordinary performers in front of them

I like to see:

- Kelly
- Rantall
- Quyanor
- Murphy
- Keane
- Nobel

- Reid
- Varcoe
- Cox
- Mayne
- Phillips
- Elliot

Crazy as it may be, we are currently equal faves for the flag at $7.50 (out from $6.50). Still think this season offers something. Maybe just pick our best team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crazy as it may be, we are currently equal faves for the flag at $7.50 (out from $6.50). Still think this season offers something. Maybe just pick our best team.

Don't know why we be Equal Favorite for the Flag after 2 Poor Games

Can’t being optimism to some of the posters in here mate, unless we win every week by 100pts they will never be happy.

I think going into the hub will work in our favour tbh, warmer weather, dry ground, the boys know they need to lift.....

We badly need the Dry Weather as we are Useless in the Wet

Put a fork in this season, it’s done.

I think I’ve had enough of these clowns for a while, reality is difficult enough without taking on the highs and lows of a football club intent on Mozambique-ing itself.

Odds are more dictated by cash than form. I’d imagine that despite our pour current form there’d have been a lot of the folding stuff thrown at the Pies post the victory over the Doggies. Wins like that over the Saints would only add to that folly.

We’re not playing well at the moment but equally could have stolen a W in both our recent loses, and in the draw. If we had, to me that would have been perfect this early in this strangest of seasons when what you want is to be playing your best footy at the pointy end, and build toward that across the season, rather than sustain it across the entire season. That gets tougher when you start to accumulate L’s and injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back