Strategy Play the kids!!

Remove this Banner Ad

My memory is probably failing me, but didn’t he get injured & then for some stupid reason we didn’t bring him straight back in??
He was sick the GF game I think

My memory is probably failing me, but didn’t he get injured & then for some stupid reason we didn’t bring him straight back in??
That must be it. I remember being surprised that I felt he was going better than Goater. I had to tell myself to cool my jets before I said anything. Last time i had this feeling I thought Matty Campbell would be better than Lindsay Thomas.

You would think that likes of
Hall, Turner, Goldstein, Howe, Ziebell, Cunntington and whoever else is on their final year would be in this weird frame of mind where they don’t know if they’re going to be on the list next year - so they don’t know if they feel like trying each week.

But they’re not the reason why our intensity is so pathetic

The concerning part is the main older guys are trying. Everyone under 28 and who isn’t Harry Sheezel, Griffin Louge or Paul Curtis are just refusing to work on their weaknesses or follow game plane

He was sick the GF game I think
It took me a sec to realise what GF stood for…
We haven’t played a Grand Final since the 90’s. I then realised it was Good Friday, which we may never play again the way we are going!
Yes, he missed that game due to illness & should have been straight back in

Judging by his presser, he knows the balance of the side isn’t right. 3 older players (take your choice) for 3 kids. That will still leave us with enough experience on the park, but get a good look at the young brigade.

Incredibly worried with injuries that we will bring in 3 kids to replace them and still be stuck with the plodders that played tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Judging by his presser, he knows the balance of the side isn’t right. 3 older players (take your choice) for 3 kids. That will still leave us with enough experience on the park, but get a good look at the young brigade.

Incredibly worried with injuries that we will bring in 3 kids to replace them and still be stuck with the plodders that played tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good

Hall and Howe for starters

Let’s weed out a few each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially the big loss ends up a blessing in disguise

We had so many experienced players playing for the worst performances the last few weeks

Now we can play the kids and the media can’t say oh they should play experienced players cos we’ve seen that doesn’t actually help as most of those experienced players are poor footballers

Play the kids, FFS. But if we're going to continue with experienced players who offer next to nothing can we bring back some old 70's stars to at least warm our nostalgic hearts in these bleak times?

Although I reckon Keith Greig would currently give us more off the back flank than Aaron Hall, and one of Barassi's old witches hats would put Kayne 'Ashtray on a Motorbike' Turner's forward pressure to shame.....

This year is all about figuring out who to take along on the journey, and part of this recent patch of football was likely about evaluating what the best mix of senior players is before we start blooding the kids.

It’s a very long process we’re taking and it made sense in theory to figure out the veterans first.

Patience is a good characteristic for a coach and Clarkson seems like he is giving players like Turner and Howe every chance to prove that they’re worth selection.

The problem with stats showing team experience is it really dosnt show the true story. Having 4 or 5 guys in a team at the end of their careers with lots of games under their belts hides the fact many younger players have played fewer games. They get lost in the overall average. Its like a batsmen who makes one big score and then fails 10 times . His average is sustained by that one big innings to an extent. You are better to have many players who have played around 80 to a 100 games which is where experience starts to come into it. Average age is also probably more relevant as it shows how many young kids are in each side

Id rather have kids in, getting torched exactly the same but at least showing they have heart and give a stuff.

Yes sure, play the kids. But if we see some big losses as a result of a youth selection policy, and that leads to campaigners on here calling for anyone under 22 to be delisted or even suggesting that they are no good and won't make it, I swear I'll be coming for those campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back