Strategy Play the kids!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes sure, play the kids. But if we see some big losses as a result of a youth selection policy, and that leads to campaigners on here calling for anyone under 22 to be delisted or even suggesting that they are no good and won't make it, I swear I'll be coming for those campaigners.
The only problem with this statement is that a lot of our younger players for quite a few years now, have never developed or progressed like other teams younger players do for whatever reasons and besides maybe LDU (Sheezel is looking great so far) have gone on to be A graders. Its fair to say many have gone backwards after looking promising early. I hope that is about to change under Clarkson. To be honest I'm not sure we were ever a team that could afford to bottom out like the bigger teams as we may really struggle for a long time. The bigger clubs could still attract big name players in their rebuilds which is critical in rebuilding along with the kids.

I'm still not really sure what Bergman did to get dropped. He seemed to be going ok.

He actually didn’t get dropped at all. Unfortunately, he got a virus and had to pull out of the Carlton game. For some reason, he wasn’t selected after he recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s cooper Harvey time and the return of TT.

Sorry Aaron hall you are done for good

It’s cooper Harvey time and the return of TT.

Sorry Aaron hall you are done for good
3 weakest links were probably Hall, Drury, and Spicer.

TT, and Zurhar the two most obvious ins. But then what about Corr? Cooper Harvey?

Selection will be interesting.

One thing in defence of Aaron Hall yesterday - he allowed Sheezel to go forward so that he didn't have Ryan Clarke following him around all game and freezing him out. That meant Hall had the tag instead. It was a thankless role.

TT, and Zurhar the two most obvious ins. But then what about Corr? Cooper Harvey?

No room in the firsts - selection pressure is way cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t mind cooper Harvey sub debut then full game the following week.

But if TT needs another week then cooper can start on the ground this week

I know I know but the idea of Sidebottom, Adams, Degoey or Maynard going near Phil, George or Sheez gives me anxiety.
Throw in Zurhaar or Cunnington in maybe?
Simpkin will be there for protection, support and leadership, Greenwood too. Wouldn't mind seeing Zurhaar attending a few center bounces but we can't play Cunnington and say Greenwood together. It's either one or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back