Analysis Play Todd Marshall...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand how people are offended so much by a meme about being “the bad guys”. No one called you nazis, i’m pretty loose about who I call a nazi but this is criticism of a white footballer, it has literally nothing to do with that. The point of the meme Philthy posted was that you are standing alongside some pretty weak individuals who spend way too much time trying to sh*t on a ******* 22 year old footballer from behind the safety of their keyboards.

I just don’t get why people are okay with acting so garbage. It’s just sh*t behaviour to post unwarranted personal attacks about someone in a public forum.

I’ve always hated the culture of scapegoating players but this one is just particularly weird.

Do you reckon we forgot the meltdown you had on here about 6 weeks ago and sooked to everyone being mean to you? It's Bigfooty, people critique players' performance. It's literally the purpose of this entire site. It's literally the entire purpose of this thread. No one is posting personal attacks of players (I;ve literally said a) Marshall would be an automatic in if Georgiades was not fit and b) I would hope he performed well), they are making warranted criticisms of a professional footballer's performance playing on a team that is currently in the best position to win its first flag in almost 20 years. The fact that you would support those personal attacks, make some of your own, clutch pearls at someone criticizing poor Toddy, sook it up when someone criticizes you says more about you then it does anyone else.

You probably vote Greens and reckon the major parties are 'all the same', are a vegan and obnoxious about it, reckon cis white men can't be discriminated against because their men and white (gay white men okay), take offense to everything, and anyone who hasn't read the latest literature on intersectionalist feminism is somehow ignorant whilst understanding nothing about economics, the law, politics, or basically anything useful. That's what I think about you.

Thank you for reading philphy05's mind and sorting that out.

Perhaps I have it wrong. If so please explain to me philphy what this means?

<deep breath>

It's not about Nazis. It's about being in the wrong. It's a way of saying he thinks you're going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. That's it.

Motlop is a proven finals performer.

Marshall is a proven finals flop. (but...but...structure)

Georgiades has proven he deserves a chance to be a regular season AND a finals performer.

So who should be the unlucky one???

It's literally how my posts started and then philthy started abusing everyone that didn't agree with him. I might add, everyone wants to point to the 'are we the baddies' meme but seem to have missed him referring to those levelling the criticisms as single celled amoeba. I imagine if I had come on to say 'Marshall sucks and everyone who disagrees with me is a dumb campaigner' , I might have been met with some hostility.

Last edited by a moderator:

<deep breath>

It's not about Nazis. It's about being in the wrong. It's a way of saying he thinks you're going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. That's it.

So... you're the Nazi?

<deep breath>

And when he referred to the criticisms coming from single celled amoeba, what did he mean then? That was said first and I viewed the meme through that lens. Maybe he is referring to us bravely atomising ourselves and rushing off to fight Covid?

And when he referred to the criticisms coming from single celled amoeba, what did he mean then? That was said first and I viewed the meme through that lens. Maybe he is referring to us bravely atomising ourselves and rushing off to fight Covid?

Bloody hell I'm not his press agent, I just like Mitchell and Webb.

You need to start threads on 21 other players to make it fair.

The pro-Marshall supporters started the thread. How does that work? He was probably the weakest of performers Friday night. His final's record is absolutely dreadful. I'm saying, 'maybe lets try the 19 yr old who everyone agrees is an absolute star and has outperformed the other guy all year'. If you want to know my thoughts on whether SPP or Moltop should play, you can start those threads up.

The pro-Marshall supporters started the thread. How does that work? He was probably the weakest of performers Friday night. His final's record is absolutely dreadful. I'm saying, 'maybe lets try the 19 yr old who everyone agrees is an absolute star and has outperformed the other guy all year'. If you want to know my thoughts on whether SPP or Moltop should play, you can start those threads up.

My post was sarcasm. Anytime I've critiqued Marshall it's been met with "why aren't you criticising other players this much?" by philthy, because apparently it's not fair to target a highly rated key position forward thats should be hitting his straps by now.

My post was sarcasm. Anytime I've critiqued Marshall it's been met with "why aren't you criticising other players this much?" by philthy, because apparently it's not fair to target a highly rated key position forward thats should be hitting his straps by now.

Fair enough, carry on then.

He needs to hit the gym. With a bit of strength i can see him becoming a completely different player. Gets his hands to enough contests, elite at ground level.

He needs to hit the gym. With a bit of strength i can see him becoming a completely different player. Gets his hands to enough contests, elite at ground level.

Tods strength at the moment is setting up or assists I think. From memory he was directly involved in at least 4 or 5 goals on Friday night. Perhaps needs some aggression motivation and as you said, putting some meat on and strength training.

<deep breath>

Oh well humblest aplogies to philphy.

I should be able to get a few good yucks out of being associated with bad guys in nazi uniforms and single celled amoeba while being critical of a port adelaide player while

<deep breath>

philphy05 can carry on like a pork chop because
If only the criticism of him here was actually ever based on merit and ever backed up by facts.

while Andromeda defends his rights to attack all of us from behind a keyboard while its s**t behaviour to criticise the performance a 22 year old white footballer.

Last edited:
I’ve questioned why 1 player has been the focus of such massive negativity that it eclipses anything we’ve ever seen?

we’re up to 2300+ posts with this thread being bumped by negative posts on a daily basis when exactly zero other players have received the same attention.

Its not even like he’s received twice as much attention as the next player, or 10 times. He’s received an unquantifiable amount more than the entire rest of the list combined. All of this boards whipping boys combined for our afl existence havent copped this much vitriol here.

you don’t think that tells you something?

by any logical conclusion he must be the worst performed player football has ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve questioned why 1 player has been the focus of such massive negativity that it eclipses anything we’ve ever seen?

we’re up to 2300+ posts with this thread being bumped by negative posts on a daily basis when exactly zero other players have received the same attention.

Its not even like he’s received twice as much attention as the next player, or 10 times. He’s received an unquantifiable amount more than the entire rest of the list combined. All of this boards whipping boys combined for our afl existence havent copped this much vitriol here.

you don’t think that tells you something?

by any logical conclusion he must be the worst performed player football has ever seen.

If you didn't answer every single post, this thread would be sitting at around 20 pages.

Do you reckon we forgot the meltdown you had on here about 6 weeks ago and sooked to everyone being mean to you? It's Bigfooty, people critique players' performance. It's literally the purpose of this entire site. It's literally the entire purpose of this thread. No one is posting personal attacks of players (I;ve literally said a) Marshall would be an automatic in if Georgiades was not fit and b) I would hope he performed well), they are making warranted criticisms of a professional footballer's performance playing on a team that is currently in the best position to win its first flag in almost 20 years. The fact that you would support those personal attacks, make some of your own, clutch pearls at someone criticizing poor Toddy, sook it up when someone criticizes you says more about you then it does anyone else.

You probably vote Greens and reckon the major parties are 'all the same', are a vegan and obnoxious about it, reckon cis white men can't be discriminated against because their men and white (gay white men okay), take offense to everything, and anyone who hasn't read the latest literature on intersectionalist feminism is somehow ignorant whilst understanding nothing about economics, the law, politics, or basically anything useful. That's what I think about you.

The purpose of this thread is to play Todd Marshall sir.

I literally don’t know who you are or why you are replying to me 💅

This thread has had its day.

The discussion has become circular and the continued personal insults are not acceptable and in breach of forum rules.

We are one win from playing in a grand final, it's time to cool off. And if anyone decides to bring this discussion into other threads, please be warned that the mods are watching and any continuation of the abuse in this thread will result in time off.

Motlop is a proven finals performer.

Marshall is a proven finals flop. (but...but...structure)

Georgiades has proven he deserves a chance to be a regular season AND a finals performer.

So who should be the unlucky one???

We've played 4 talls up forward almost all year. I just don't see why we should change that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back