Player advocate Peter Jess says St Kilda abuse scandal ‘beyond belief’, could end up in courts

Remove this Banner Ad

Ditto it seems the child abuse of Carlton Little Leaguers in the 70s. Just dire.
Why did they continue to allow him to coach kids??

“Morice first came to the attention of police and the courts in the 1970s, when he lured boys away from shopping centres, abusing them in his car, and in one case, took a boy home and digitally penetrated him — offences that attracted charges of child stealing and indecent assault.

Later, when he was an Under-11s football coach”

AFL abuse scandal widens to include paedophile coach at Carlton

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...le-coach-carlton-john-dennis-morice/100187148

Why did they continue to allow him to coach kids??

“Morice first came to the attention of police and the courts in the 1970s, when he lured boys away from shopping centres, abusing them in his car, and in one case, took a boy home and digitally penetrated him — offences that attracted charges of child stealing and indecent assault.

Later, when he was an Under-11s football coach”

Yep. That is the question.

FWIW I detested the Aylett - Hamilton regime but cannot believe they swept this under the carpet.

For sure word must have got to the Carlton hierarchy at the time. A lot of those around then are dead, but surely surely there would be some paper records around.

Ditto it seems the child abuse of Carlton Little Leaguers in the 70s. Just dire.
This was always going to happen, sporting organisations in this country have for the most part evaded the kind of reckoning faced by similair one's overseas.

The ABC are not giving up on this.

The AFL needs to address it one way or another.
It all seems to have been on the public record, so it’s not “new” news, but there doesn’t seem to have been much coverage and the people who hired these paedos seem not to have ever been called to account.

It all seems to have been on the public record, so it’s not “new” news, but there doesn’t seem to have been much coverage and the people who hired these paedos seem not to have ever been called to account.

How about we hold the pedos to account rather than the people who hired them ?!.

Unless you are suggesting that they were hired when it was common knowledge that they were pedos ?. In that case - jail time for all concerned. Which is probably the least worst punishment they should be getting.

How about we hold the pedos to account rather than the people who hired them ?!.

Unless you are suggesting that they were hired when it was common knowledge that they were pedos ?. In that case - jail time for all concerned. Which is probably the least worst punishment they should be getting.
I think you might need to read the last article that was shared in the thread.

I think you might need to read the last article that was shared in the thread.

I read it but there’s nothing in there to support the insinuation that Carlton knew he was a pedo and kept him in there once (if) they found out ?.

If there’s more of this s**t out there then hopefully puts AFL HQ in a position where they need to investigate it. It really is a pretty grubby place when you read about stuff like this.

I read it but there’s nothing in there to support the insinuation that Carlton knew he was a pedo and kept him in there once (if) they found out ?.

If there’s more of this sh*t out there then hopefully puts AFL HQ in a position where they need to investigate it. It really is a pretty grubby place when you read about stuff like this.
I thought it was more specific about dates, but it doesn't appear so. This sentence was quite concerning though:

According to one player, before Morice even took on the Carlton Little League coaching role, his sexual abuse of boys had already prompted his removal from one northern suburbs community football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you are suggesting that they were hired when it was common knowledge that they were pedos ?
He had a conviction for child stealing and rape. Was this not on the public record?

Not sure the hiring is the problem, its not taking action immediately any sniff became known. Its not just the Little League where there was no action. These guys are insidious in the way they isolate their victims whilst keeping all the parents happy.
Those who hired them will have to live with their actions.

According to the article he finished up at Carlton in 1977. He was in court on June 28th 1978 (nearly halfway down). Surely Carlton must have been aware of this, for I presume this is why he was not involved with their Little League that year? And if they were aware did they investigate to see whether any of the kids in their LL teams that he coached were his victims?

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 3.04.33 pm.png

interesting line in the article about Carlton

"Last Friday, almost two months after Owen shared his story, St Kilda's Board approved the removal of Briggs and convicted paedophile Trevor Gravell from the club's life members' list. In 2014, Gravell was convicted of child sex crimes unrelated to the St Kilda Little League team."

White boys being abused. Media doesnt care
Because public floggings of white paedos are not their bag? Put this in an Aboriginal community and you’d have the army in there in 5 seconds flat.

Because public floggings of white paedos are not their bag? Put this in an Aboriginal community and you’d have the army in there in 5 seconds flat.
Nonsense. They love White paedos for the news. I can tell you there was a rape of a 9yr old and 2 month year old by an aboriginal in North WA just recently, that wont hit the media and they have caught him. The public and media is more oblivious than u think to what goes on in communities.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back