Player Advocates 2017 - Draft Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

No Problem (my own fault) - I choose Armo

David Clancy Armitage was born on 16 June 1988 in Mackay Queensland and played his Junior footy there for East Mackay before moving to Brisbane and playing for Morningside QAFL seniors in his U18 year. I was living in Mackay at the time he was playing Junior footy in that city. My stepsons both played for the North Mackay Saints, but they were 2 and 4 years younger than Armo so we never played against him (though my youngest had epic battles in opposition to Jamie Elliott).

Because of the Mackay connection I have held a more personal link to Armo and I feel like I have more investment in his performances than others might.

Last edited:

Yeah its always great to shaft one of the mods:eek:
Especially one whos a wizard.
Im either gonna cop a life ban or be turned into a toad.
im screwed:oops:
I can just imagine the baby ring tailed possum asking his dad "But Dad, why do they call that toad 'Snake'?"

If its not too late I'd like to join

Just make sure someone like armitage2riewoldt sees your message which they usually do . Keep checking page 1 until you see your name listed , it gets updated every couple of days , still lots of players left .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the tension, waiting and hoping your preference slips through

We are nearly there , I think I'm after you , is your main choice still there ? Mine is so far , fingers crossed. M going to scream if I wait all this time and the guy before me picks my choice, lmao, it's bound to happen . Oh of course there is still a couple of others ahead who might pick it anyway so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, lol.

We are nearly there , I think I'm after you , is your main choice still there ? Mine is so far , fingers crossed. M going to scream if I wait all this time and the guy before me picks my choice, lmao, it's bound to happen . Oh of course there is still a couple of others ahead who might pick it anyway so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, lol.

I've got one standout preference but there's no shortage of choices.

It's good indication of our squads depth that there so many great pick ups left on the board!
And like the real draft people are shying away from taking ruckmen early even with quality available

Thanks Armitage2Riewoldt. Did panic a little when I saw you post in my lad's thread on the player's board earlier.

2016+AFL+Draft+TK-9OLBKq-al.jpg

With pick 24... erm 22... er... whatever, goodie23 selects player number 17, Dylan Roberton, St Kilda Football Club.

455028610hodge620.jpg

Well, that's an outstanding pick from the fresh-faced player advocate. Dylan Roberton, 25 years old, formerly of Fremantle Football Club and the Dendenong Stingrays. He's a 194cm, 94 kg backman with a penetrating kick and a lovely set of hands.

ROBERTON%20Dylan.png

He played 18 games in the 2016 season, taking great delight in schooling his old club in round 10 when he collected a season high 29 disposals. We've actually got some footage from his Fremantle days that show off his ball handling skills.

Yes, Roberton's what some in the trade call a 70 metre player, using plenty of dash and long strides to carry the ball 20 metres before roosting it another 50 with his lethal right boot. Let's see some vision from 2015 to back that up.

Roberton may have only kicked 14 career goals but don't underestimate this young fellow's ability to go forward and put one through the big sticks. Who can forget his cheeky intercept and goal in round 17 last year agsint Melbourne? He showed Melbourne speedster Jayden Hunt a clean set of heels and kicked a monster goal from outside 50 (4:18 second mark of vid).

This year the club recognised Roberton's leadership and commitment, elevating him to the Saints' eight-man leadership group.

“I think just having the confidence from your teammates who vote you in is a little bit humbling. To have the support from the group gives you a bit more confidence that you’re doing the right things and you have influence over the group."

Exciting times ahead for Roberton and his new player advocate. Back to you Gillon, dewah07, borderbarry, Brains Trust66 or whoever for the next selection.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. No pressure on the rest of us to have a pick
I'm going to have to be very creative when I list my player's accomplishments

Thanks Armitage2Riewoldt. Did panic a little when I saw you post in my lad's thread on the player's board earlier.

With pick 24... erm 22... er... whatever, goodie23 selects player number 17, Dylan Roberton, St Kilda Football Club.

455028610hodge620.jpg

Well, that's an outstanding pick from the fresh-faced player advocate. Dylan Roberton, 25 years old, formerly of Fremantle Football Club and the Dendenong Stingrays. He's a 194cm, 94 kg backman with a penetrating kick and a lovely set of hands.

ROBERTON%20Dylan.png

He played 18 games in the 2016 season, taking great delight in schooling his old club in round 10 when he collected a season high 29 disposals. We've actually got some footage from his Fremantle days that show off his ball handling skills.

Yes, Roberton's what some in the trade call a 70 metre player, using plenty of dash and long strides to carry the ball 20 metres before roosting it another 50 with his lethal right boot. Let's see some vision from 2015 to back that up.

Roberton may have only kicked 14 career goals but don't underestimate this young fellow's ability to go forward and put one through the big sticks. Who can forget his cheeky intercept and goal in round 17 last year agsint Melbourne? He showed Melbourne speedster Jayden Hunt a clean set of heels and kicked a monster goal from outside 50 (4:18 second mark of vid).

This year the club recognised Roberton's leadership and commitment, elevating him to the Saints' eight-man leadership group.

Exciting times ahead for Roberton and his new player advocate. Back to you Gillon, dewah07, borderbarry, Brains Trust66 or whoever for the next selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the aim of the game, to advocate for your player. I'm just starting early

QUOTE="goodie23, post: 48734459, member: 34510"]Thanks Armitage2Riewoldt. Did panic a little when I saw you post in my lad's thread on the player's board earlier.

455028610hodge620.jpg

ROBERTON%20Dylan.png

[/QUOTE]
Great write up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back