Player Advocates 2017 - Draft Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright I will take Nathan Wright, seen as he is a former sponsored player of the St Kilda Board BigFooty board.
thanks Armitage2Riewoldt
Coming off his best season to date (Some may say thanks to the BigFooty sponsorship hoodoo being released from him) he would be looking to cement his spot in the 22 I would think.

I present to you the following for your edification.......
Number 11 Leigh Montagna
I have declared 2017 for all St Kilda supporters as Leigh Montagna's Year of Patriotic Devotion

As part of the celebrations, Leigh Montagna will be receiving an A.F.L. Membership
His birthday on November 2nd will be celebrated by any Saint supporter's child born on the same day (boy or girl) being named Leigh/Lee
The Northern Knights Football Club naming their best and fairest medal.....The Leigh Montagna Award

430422_nl.jpg

2016 Highlights
22 games
4th in Trevor Barker Award
26.7 possessions (No 2 at St Kilda)
20,1 uncontested possessions (No 1)
3.0 rebound 50's (No 4)
483.3 metres gained (No 9 in A.F.L.)

466828-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Sitting on 271 games and described as a "premium option for your defence" by Champion Data there seems no reason why
Montagna cannot join the haloed 300 club, like his great mate Nick, in the 2018 season.
.....and retire clutching the 2018 Premiership Cup
Ladies and gentlemen
Leigh Montagna

(some of the above MAY be alternative facts)

I'm going to head down an alternative route and select Darragh Joyce.

DarraghJoyce_app2.jpg

After having an interesting chat to him at last season's B&F, I found him to be a well mannered and extremely driven young fella.
First team football this season for him seems about as likely as me managing to head home with Jen Hawkins after a night out, however, I am excited to follow his progress from the VFL's dew kickers to hopefully a more permanent role up the ranks somewhere down the track.
I am aware the above will involve me having to get out of bed early in some fairly disheveled states, but with my new work schedule i'll have the time to do so.

It's touch and go whether i'll be at this weeks intra club match, if not, i'll be very keen to hear how Darragh fares.

You're up Rabbit58 !

Like your choice

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok my turn. As I'm a rookie at this player advocates caper, I thought I'd select a fellow rookie. I'll be getting to a few Zebs games again this year so I look forward to seeing this guy develop and reporting back to you all. I have a feeling that this bloke will impress this year. I knew nothing about him until we picked him up but I really like what I've seen so far.

Fellow Sainters let me introduce to you my chosen player.

Number

image.jpeg

For

image.jpeg

The one.

The only.

*drumroll*

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So Rowan Marshall how do you feel about being my chosen player?

image.jpeg

That a boy.

Last edited:
I'll choose Billy Longer.

Bs9EjgzCcAANlUY.jpg

:D

I still reckon he has plenty to offer to the club and is only just entering his prime. We've seen him well and truly hold his own as the sole ruck in 2015 at just 22 and with extra maturity and experience he can definitely build on that. He won't always be an easy player to advocate for either; there's plenty of criticism of him on here, but that's all part of the role of an advocate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back