Player Advocates 2017 - Draft Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's about time we got the player advocate program up and running for 2017. This will run in a similar form to the last couple years. We'll field interest and once we have enough posters (45 or so - happy to extend this to the Category B rookies and international scholarship holders if there is enough interest) we'll run a draft with a completely randomised order, apart from the top 3 which has been decided by the moderators as a reward for doing the best job in 2016.

The job of an advocate is essentially to 'look after' a certain player and player thread for the the 2017 season, whether that be posting articles, stats, game reviews, highlight vids or just general musings! The players board can be a bit dull at times so it's a good idea to try and get some discussion happening. We understand not everyone has time to post weekly reviews and every single article that mentions their advocates name but there is some expectation to make an effort - after all it is likely that some people will miss out on being in the draft. But with a number of advocates failing to make a single post in their chosen players thread in 2016, we're going to have a little higher expectations of advocates this year. These expectations will be announced when we get the draft underway - which hopefully won't be too far away.

Assuming they'll all take a spot again in 2017, the top 3 will be:
1. dct66
2. Barrels
3. Sir Skid

Congrats on doing a stellar job guys :D

Due to unfortunate circumstances and still managing to do a terrific job we've decided to offer Jake Carlisle to CursingFijian for a second year. As long as there are no issues with this? CF did a fantastic job with Sinclair in 2015 and was rewarded with the #1 draft spot in 2016, battled manfully through a difficult year in which Carlisle was literally not allowed to be involved with the club in any way, so I think it's fair for him to have a second go at it in 2017.

Also like to take the chance to ask if there are any suggestions, criticisms or questions about how we run this and any way we could improve it?

Draft Order:
PP: Cursing Fijian - Jake Carlisle
1 - dct66 - Jack Billings
2 - Barrels - Jade Gresham
3 - Sir Skid - Ben Long
4 - Persevering Saint - Paddy McCartin
5 - Ads734 - Blake Acres
6 - 12Chill - Tim Membrey
7. CHBench - Mav Weller
8. Keg on legs - Daniel McKenzie
9. Rors - Jack Steele
10. Phoenix_9 - Seb Ross
11. aussierulesrules - Josh Bruce
12. Left_Billings - Jack Newnes
13. The Jack Pack - Jack Steven
14. GTrains Mullet - Jack Sinclair
15. AFLOnline - Nick Riewoldt
16. nanganator - Jarryn Geary
17. Jackie_Chiles - Luke Dunstan
18. Armitage2Riewoldt - Koby Stevens
19. Kildonan - David Armitage
20. CALL ME SNAKE - Nathan Freeman
21. Southseas - Shane Savage
22. dewah07 - NOK
23. borderbarry - Ed Phillips
24. goodie23 - Dylan Roberton
25. Brains Trust66 - Hugh Goddard
26. chris_h_11 - Tom Hickey
28. NarrowMind - Darragh Joyce
29. Rabbit58 - Leigh Montagna
30. St Pauls - Brandon White
31. boydie - Nathan Wright
32. Olliver - Nathan Brown
33. RoundCubic Jack lonie
34. Curious George - Jimmy Webster
35. Loyal Sainter - Rowan Marshall
36. sverik25 - Billy Longer
37. saintkildaman - Josh Battle
38. eastern_saint23 - Bailey Rice
39. saintbatty - Nick Coughlan
40. sammm - Ray Conellan
41. Hubnester - Darren Minchington
42. Significant - Sam Gilbert
43. akeliz22 - Sean Dempster
44. lewdogs - Lewis Pierce
45. HavenMac - Jason Holmes

Last edited:
Yeah, happy to have another crack.

CF did a great job with Jake. Go again bud!

Last edited:
It's about time we got the player advocate program up and running for 2017. This will run in a similar form to the last couple years. We'll field interest and once we have enough posters (45 or so - happy to extend this to the Category B rookies and international scholarship holders if there is enough interest) we'll run a draft with a completely randomised order, apart from the top 3 which has been decided by the moderators as a reward for doing the best job in 2016.

The job of an advocate is essentially to 'look after' a certain player and player thread for the the 2017 season, whether that be posting articles, stats, game reviews, highlight vids or just general musings! The players board can be a bit dull at times so it's a good idea to try and get some discussion happening. We understand not everyone has time to post weekly reviews and every single article that mentions their advocates name but there is some expectation to make an effort - after all it is likely that some people will miss out on being in the draft. But with a number of advocates failing to make a single post in their chosen players thread in 2016, we're going to have a little higher expectations of advocates this year. These expectations will be announced when we get the draft underway - which hopefully won't be too far away.

Assuming they'll all take a spot again in 2017, the top 3 will be:
1. dct66
2. Barrels
3. Sir Skid

Congrats on doing a stellar job guys :D

Due to unfortunate circumstances and still managing to do a terrific job we've decided to offer Jake Carlisle to CursingFijian for a second year. As long as there are no issues with this? CF did a fantastic job with Sinclair in 2015 and was rewarded with the #1 draft spot in 2016, battled manfully through a difficult year in which Carlisle was literally not allowed to be involved with the club in any way, so I think it's fair for him to have a second go at it in 2017.

Also like to take the chance to ask if there are any suggestions, criticisms or questions about how we run this and any way we could improve it?
I came SECOND?!! :eek:

WOW! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tom Lee wasn't everyone's favourite by a long way but I just tried to do him justice in the spirit of the advocate system. So I'm in, and already feeling the pressure of having the No1 draft pick!!!

More than happy for CursingFijian to take on Jake Carlisle if he desires.

Last edited:
I came SECOND?!! :eek:
giphy.gif

I'm happy to be in again. I'll try to contribute a bit more this year.

i'll have another go around, was a bit lost with it in the beginning of the year but got into it through the end, happy to sit out if there are to many but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I'm in :)

**** crosses fingers ****

"Please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, Please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, Please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, Please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele, please let me get Jack Steele"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back