Competitions Player Advocates 2021 - Draft Thread

Alright everyone so whilst we have around 30 people, I think we should get this underway in time for the new year.

If people want to join as a player advocate during the draft that's fine, I will add you to the bottom of the draft order. Similarly if you want another pick, I'll add you to the bottom of the draft order however posters that want to join will take precedence over you.

Please refer to this thread for more information - Player Advocates 2021

Each member has 24 hours to vote from the time the last vote was placed. If still no selection has been made after 24 hours, the pick will skip to the next person and the member who missed the deadline will be moved to the end of the list. Happy also for you to trade your pick(s) with others if you can be bothered. Apart from this there is one other rule - if you pester or nag someone to make their pick and they are within the 24 hour window given, you will be removed from the draft. We only need to tag someone once. If they don't make their pick, the next person will be tagged in this thread to make their pick instead. Hope this is clear.

Your post should look similar to this;

I select x player
@George it's your turn

Seems to be quite a theme of the last few years, but Brains Trust66 is always super active with not only his player advocates but other players who have advocates that haven't been updating their thread. Because of this, he will again receive the 1st pick. As for the rest, I have randomised the list of participants for 2021 using an online random list generator.

Here is the 2021 Player Advocates Draft order;

Draft Order & Selections:
1. (PP) Brains Trust66 - 45. Sam Alabakis
2. giddyupgumby - 22. Jack Higgins
3. ZedNotZee - 44. Callum Wilkie
4. Hubnester - 12. Max King
5. pebblesofsand - 29. Jimmy Webster
6. BrutThough - 15. Jack Billings
7. salt3d - 24. James Frawley
8. CursingFijian - 37. Leo Connolly
9. XhazzafootyX - 5. Brad Crouch
10. dct66 - 23. Jack Bytel
11. Ads734 - 1. Nicholas Coffield
12. Gresh_Magic - 32. Tom Highmore
13. Keg still on legs - 11. Hunter Clark
14. Dr Spaceman - 19. Rowan Marshall
15. Squirtles - 33. Ben Paton
16. Significant - 31. Ryan Byrnes
17. goodie23 - 20. Dougal Howard
18. jonathons11 - 38. Oscar Clavarino
19. Gershwin - 26. Josh Battle
20. prophetic1 - 30. Matthew Allison
21. Grav - 9. Jack Steele
22. Saint_Dos - 18. Patrick Ryder
23. saintkildaman - 7. Luke Dunstan
24. crinkoes - 4. Jade Gresham
25. lewdogs - 21. Ben Long
26. Brains Trust66 - 6. Sebastian Ross
27. borderbarry - 10. Dan Hannebery
28. Saint_Dos - 2. Jake Carlisle
29. BrutThough - 35. Jack Sinclair
30. Verdun - 8. Brad Hill
31. SaintersUnite - 28. Tim Membrey
32. Grav - 16. Dan Butler
33. Armitage2Riewoldt - 3. Zak Jones
34. pebblesofsand - 14. Jarryn Geary
35. Gershwin - 13. Jack Lonie
36. Kildonan - 39. Darragh Joyce
37. BigMonty - 36. Daniel McKenzie
38. lewdogs - 27. Shaun McKernan
39. Phoenix_9 - 17. Dylan Roberton
40. SaintersUnite - 25. Dean Kent

Players Remaining:
-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Keg still on legs

I’m happy to take the happiest man at Moorabbin 😄

5VsXKL2.jpg

Squirtles - you’re up 👍🏻

Mar 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thank mate!

I nominate Ben Paton

Calling it AA next year

borderbarry over to you

Players Remaining:

2. Jake Carlisle
3. Zak Jones
4. Jade Gresham
6. Sebastian Ross
7. Luke Dunstan
8. Brad Hill
9. Jack Steele
10. Dan Hannebery
13. Jack Lonie
14. Jarryn Geary
16. Dan Butler
17. Dylan Roberton
18. Paddy Ryder
20. Dougal Howard
21. Ben Long
25. Dean Kent
26. Josh Battle
27. Shaun McKernan
28. Tim Membrey
30. Matthew Allison
31. Ryan Byrnes
35. Jack Sinclair
36. Daniel McKenzie
38. Oscar Clavarino
39. Darragh Joyce

Last edited:
Players Remaining:

2. Jake Carlisle
3. Zak Jones
4. Jade Gresham
6. Sebastian Ross
7. Luke Dunstan
8. Brad Hill
9. Jack Steele
10. Dan Hannebery
13. Jack Lonie
14. Jarryn Geary
16. Dan Butler
17. Dylan Roberton
18. Paddy Ryder
20. Dougal Howard
21. Ben Long
25. Dean Kent
26. Josh Battle
27. Shaun McKernan
28. Tim Membrey
30. Matthew Allison
31. Ryan Byrnes
35. Jack Sinclair
36. Daniel McKenzie
38. Oscar Clavarino
39. Darragh Joyce

Lots of big names still up for grabs .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm torn between 3 - a star player, a player on the rise and a player I've played sport with.

Tell George you want to have another pick , plenty of spots open still . I’ve got two picks , used one already .

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Assuming I can choose now as borderbarry 24 hour window has passed?

If so, I choose Ryan Byrnes. Big year for the kid, who I expect to be floating between seniors and reserves. If all the reports from the hub last year were correct, was one of our best performed at reserves, so hopefully the Jack Steven clone can continue his meteoric rise!

goodie23 you're up!

So hard to choose!

Think I'll go with a bloke who really caught my eye this year. A young ruck-forward with speed and reach, he plied his tried in Wagga Wagga and was signed to the GWS academy. He was drafted with pick 56 in the 2014 national draft by a different club. He spent his first year developing in the SANFL before getting a crack in 2016. He played six games before an ACL injury cut short his season. He played in multiple positions, primarily forward but also being thrown into the ruck and down back.

He managed four on the comeback trail next year but really distinguished himself in 2018, missing only two games with a broken hand. He solidified himself as a CHB capable of playing team defence and tight lockdown roles. He was rewarded with a three year contract extension. In 2019 he stood in as captain but found himself once again being used to plug gaps rather than lock down a spot. Post-season discussions informed him this would continue and he was free to explore his trade options. Funnily enough clubs started leaping at the opportunity to get an exciting emerging ~2 metre tall defender and the Saints secured his services.

The Saints fleeced the Power at the trade table and walked away with my boy and Paddy Ryder and pick 10!

He's got pace, he's got leader written all over him, the anchor of our backline in 2020, with the 16th pick of the 2021 Player Advocates draft, goodie23 selects Dougal Howard.

images

(I'll be advocating he 'accidentally' clocks Tom Lunch in a marking contest for Lunch's dog acts in the semi for one!)

jonathons11, you're up.

Last edited:
Sorry guys been away for a couple of days. Have updated the selections and pinned the post to the top of every page - hope it's not confusing.

borderbarry's 24 hour window expired at 9.26am this morning however pebblesofsand PM'd me at 7am requesting a second pick so because he got in earlier he will take the earlier pick (30) and borderbarry will take 31.

I'll tag you all in each of your individual player threads so you know where to go to update it with news etc.

We have 9 spots left to fill, if anyone wants a second pick or would like to jump in for 2021 just let me know.

Cheers :)

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Sorry guys been away for a couple of days. Have updated the selections and pinned the post to the top of every page - hope it's not confusing.

borderbarry's 24 hour window expired at 9.26am this morning however pebblesofsand PM'd me at 7am requesting a second pick so because he got in earlier he will take the earlier pick (30) and borderbarry will take 31.

I'll tag you all in each of your individual player threads so you know where to go to update it with news etc.

We have 9 spots left to fill, if anyone wants a second pick or would like to jump in for 2021 just let me know.

Yet to take my first but happy to take second pick if there is another one available

Yet to take my first but happy to take second pick if there is another one available
Sure mate, at this stage you have 32. If someone new wants to jump in though they'll take precedence

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

Happy to take a 2nd if needed.

Always happy to take more George , let me know if there are players left over when you finish. Gives me something to do to pass the time . As usual I will be happy to help others as I know people work and don’t have the time that I have .

The big question is , is anyone going to take Jack Steele lmao , don’t leave him for me unless you want him injured all year 🤣🤪

Back