List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sikora, Ceglar, Campbell, Renouf, West, Simpson - there's no shortage of options around.

would love West or Simpson. Tom Campbell looks like he'll be at the dogs for a while. Haven't seen enough on Sikora, or Ceglar to comment. Renouf if we're desperate.

Sheridan is the one that interests me. Supposedly he's homesick. Classy mover with good disposal. I rate him above Adams and about the same level as Treloar.

he could be available.

Sheridan is the one that interests me. Supposedly he's homesick. Classy mover with good disposal. I rate him above Adams and about the same level as Treloar.

he could be available.

Sheridan From my mob? What would you offer?

I have posted on here before with my interest of some of your WA fellas.

Sheridan From my mob? What would you offer?

I have posted on here before with my interest of some of your WA fellas.

That's a very good question - I imagine that jetta and Gumbleton won't be around - You may have interest in Gumby. I imagine that Freo could be interested in Pears/Hooker, though I doubt they will be let go. You could have interest in Myers, but again he is one I would keep.

That's a very good question - I imagine that jetta and Gumbleton won't be around - You may have interest in Gumby. I imagine that Freo could be interested in Pears/Hooker, though I doubt they will be let go. You could have interest in Myers, but again he is one I would keep.

Yeah I have some enquires about some WA players form your club.

I would want Gumbleton provided we keep our 1st round pick. I have said as well Im willing to part a 2nd round pick for pears with his lack of chances this season. Myers wouldn't be bad but Freos priority would be key forwards and Key defenders.

Yoda

What's the story with Seedsman - Was playing well earlier in the season - Giving Collingwood lots of run off half/back/wing - Was getting coaches votes/Even being tagged - Injured for one or two about 6 weeks ago, and can't get back into the team.

So why can't he get a game in a bottom 8 team ?

Because he clearly doesn't want to play for them and wants to go play in his home state maybe :rolleyes:. Would YOU select someone with that attitude?

Reportedly on $450k per year, tigers happy to offer $500k he and his manager want $600k.

Interest?

Pros: quality player, clearance getter, good disposal, goal kicker, long career ahead

Cons: troublemaker, endurance issue late in games, price

Personally I think he was led astray by Ben Cousins a fair bit and has developed some bad habits. However a change of culture with some good cleanskin leaders like Watson, Goddard etc could see him turn these around. I reckon 500k is about his right price but if you want to poach a player you generally need to pay overs and he could be worth it.

If we were to do the deal then we would have to offer something of value:

• draft picks if we have them - r1 or r2
    Player to suit Richmond needs ie ruckman, 2nd/3rd KF
    Bellchambers - I wouldn't do it as it makes them harder to beat fixing an issue they have
    Crameri - I'd do this for sure. Package him with a draft pick and/or exchange of draft picks

So personally yes to a deal trading Crameri + pick(s) for Martin

There's no way we can afford 600k on a long term contract. We'd have to offload someone of Hurley's pay-grade to get there, given the likes of Hille and Fletch wouldn't have been budgeted for in the 2014 and 2015 salary caps respectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noooooope. Considering the discussion currently going on about Zaka's workrate, this guy has all those problems and plenty more besides. What's he done to deserve that sort of money, anyway?

Whilst I'd love him at EFC, there is simply no way we could fit him in with our long term contracts (Hurley, Ryder, BJ, Jobe to name a few). Would have to get rid of a lot of quality to get him, and none of our expendable talls will interest Richmond

Yoda

What's the story with Seedsman - Was playing well earlier in the season - Giving Collingwood lots of run off half/back/wing - Was getting coaches votes/Even being tagged - Injured for one or two about 6 weeks ago, and can't get back into the team.

He does seem to be a bit of a front runner, played mostly wing half back in his time and seemed to notice him in the front half.

Richmond would want to hope their players don't start making a habit of holding out for cash, the list they have built will break up real quick without a chance of success if egos get in the way. 600k is a joke, maybe on his next contract when he has multiple top 5 b&f finishes.

wants too much, is the bluntest tool in the shed and we'd struggle to get a deal done in any event.
If Crameri and our first rounder is the deal, then i'd prefer to keep our most effective forward and draft Ben Lennon or Luke Dunstan, similar sorts of players if we want that kind of long kicking explosive midfielder who can kick a goal.

I can't see us being able to get a deal done anyway so I believe it is a non-issue.

Is he worth the money? Possibly, he is a very good player and would immediately improve our side. But for us I'd be concerned about long-term salary cap implications given what we are paying Jobe, Goddard and Hurley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back