Prediction Player breakout predictions for your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Every season there are breakout players, who will be at your club?

I'll nominate Hugo Ralphsmith for Richmond.
He looks a classy player to me who can play forward and kick long goals.
He was pick No. 46 in the 2019 draft, Debuted in Round 9, 2021.
6 games ,3 goals
Height 188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
Weight 83 kg (183 lb)

'Ralphsmith is a versatile player, featuring in various positions over two years with Richmond including as a wing, half-forward and half-back.

Hugo's father Sean played 34 matches over a seven-year Victorian/Australian Football League career with Hawthorn and St Kilda.'

images (4).jpeg

6 games ,3 goals
Weight 83 kg (183 lb)

'Ralphsmith is a versatile player, featuring in various positions over two years with Richmond including as a wing, half-forward and half-back.

Hugo's father Sean played 34 matches over a seven-year Victorian/Australian Football League career with Hawthorn and St Kilda.'

View attachment 1276014

I think Ralphsmith looks to have decent promise but I would think he is a couple of years away from really being to hold his own properly v the strong players in his position/s. I would say players like Graham, Baker and Bolton to me look the most likely to find their career-best type level next season. I could see Soldo being better than before and finding his best level. Others including Balta and Collier-Dawkins may be a year or so short of finding their best.

Tom Sparrow started to show promise during the final series and predict to be our biggest improver next year.

6 games ,3 goals
Weight 83 kg (183 lb)

View attachment 1276014

It's hard to think of any way to make that haircut worse than it is.

For the Bulldogs it's
Bedendo
Bedendo
Bedendo
Bedendo
Bedendo
Bedendo
Bedendo!

HERO_141220Bedendo.jpg

We have no one young that’s genuinely shown anything to suggest they can play 250 games. Jack Henry would be the only player at Geelong under the age of 25 with potential.

Guys like Parfitt aren’t a bad thing but you don’t lose much sleep over trading players like him. Look how we treat players who actually have potential like Jordan Clark over say troglodytes like Higgins.

I’d rather someone like Narkle come in even if there’s no certainty he’s up to it. You like players who actually try and are therefore fun to watch, guys like Rohan and Dahlhaus aren’t that.

And he’s not old or young but please get rid of Kolodjashnij. Yikes.

Hayden Young

It was Bailey Dale this year.

Hoping Bailey Smith can take the next level. But I think we'll start seeing big things from Bailey Williams.

Bailey central lol.

Gulden and Warner could already make the claim they're established in the 22 when fit. Rowbottom to pick up where he left off, despite an injury impacted 2021, so had already kind of broken out previously. I think we'll still take it slow with McDonald, so for me it's either Campbell getting a consistent run of games and dazzling us with his foot skills, or Stephens re-emerging after a promising 1st year, disappointing (at AFL level) 2nd year. Marc Sheather a smokey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden and Warner could already make the claim they're established in the 22 when fit. Rowbottom to pick up where he left off, despite an injury impacted 2021, so had already kind of broken out previously. I think we'll still take it slow with McDonald, so for me it's either Campbell getting a consistent run of games and dazzling us with his foot skills, or Stephens re-emerging after a promising 1st year, disappointing (at AFL level) 2nd year. Marc Sheather a smokey.

You could honestly probably pick half your list. I'm also thinking Tom McCartin could become one of the games best KPD's next year.

You could honestly probably pick half your list. I'm also thinking Tom McCartin could become one of the games best KPD's next year.
He might need to be as Rampe gets towards the end and we don't have any other locks.

Liam Stocker - Ask any Carlton supporter and they'll say he's one of our most important players, yet he has only played 22 games.

Will Day if he can play a full season. Already shown heaps in his 16 games.

Tyler Brockman looks to have the tools to be a super talented, crafty medium/small forward. Going to pencil him in for 20+ goals.

Larkey and McKay for the Roos. Mids of Thomas, LDU I feel are two more prevseasons away from exploding

Connor Nash.
Was redeployed by Mitchell at Box Hill as an inside mid after a couple of years of getting lost in the forward pocket and was dominant at the level, and came into the side late in 2021 and changed our midfield dynamic with his 197cm frame and foot speed.

In his first 4 games as a center bounce mid, he averaged:
20.2 disposals, 4.5 clearances, 8.25 contested possessions, 4.75 tackles and ran at 77.5% disp efficiency, which is good going for a guy learning a new role.

Will train as a mid over summer and will have some belief now, so I think he’s one of the not so obvious ones on our list set for a bigger year.

I think Dees are hopeful that it's the season that Weideman eclipses Tom McDonald and becomes that long term go to key forward that we need as the bulk of our key forwards are 30+.

But as others have commented in the thread it's likely Sparrow or Jordon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back